• 04-23-2012, 02:21 PM
    atomicAdam
    forums got a little facelift
    Hey All,

The forums got a little face lift - if you have issues please post in this thread.

-adam
  • 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
    JohnMichael
    Looks good, change is nice.
  • 04-23-2012, 03:53 PM
    LeRoy
    I like the change...easier on the eyes...
  • 04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
    markw
    Agree. I like the new font. It's easier to read.

Will it keep the BOTs out?
  • 04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
    blackraven
    I like it!
  • 04-23-2012, 04:48 PM
    winston
    NICE, good job! it looks like I'll be browsing longer without my eyes getting watery:)
  • 04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
    TheHills44060
    Wow this looks fantastic!
  • 04-23-2012, 06:20 PM
    atomicAdam
    thanks folks - unfortunately it won't keep the BOTs out - But I'm glad it is easier on the eyes and better looking.
  • 04-23-2012, 07:04 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Pretty.
  • 04-24-2012, 04:39 AM
    Feanor
    Generally looks great, aA. One minor thing ...

I use 'hybrid' mode. The upper, indented list panel is spacing the list items too widely, i.e. the line spacing is too wide (or high?). Not a big deal but means I don't see as many list items without scrolling the the panel. I'm using Chrome on Windows Vista.
  • 04-24-2012, 05:29 AM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Generally looks great, aA. One minor thing ...

I use 'hybrid' mode. The upper, indented list panel is spacing the list items too widely, i.e. the line spacing is too wide (or high?). Not a big deal but means I don't see as many list items without scrolling the the panel. I'm using Chrome on Windows Vista.

Hi Feanor - I know the issue you are speaking about - I'll see what we can do to get it resolved this week.
  • 04-24-2012, 08:26 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Would ja look at this! This website is all purdied up.

Me likes!
  • 04-24-2012, 08:44 AM
    Hyfi
    Cool, it makes reading all the BOT posts that much better
  • 04-24-2012, 10:56 AM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Cool, it makes reading all the BOT posts that much better

Okay, we get it. You are not happy with the BOT's. I think the mod's are doing the best they can to control it.
  • 04-24-2012, 11:02 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Okay, we get it. You are not happy with the BOT's. I think the mod's are doing the best they can to control it.

Yeah, I can tell. There have been 2 to 1 BOT posts today vs real ones.

Can you say "Freedom of Speech"?
  • 04-24-2012, 11:06 AM
    Quote:

Can you say "Freedom of Speech"?

I understand freedom of speech very well. However, can we have the freedom from your constant b!tching? WE FREAKIN GET THE POINT ALREADY!!!!!
  • 04-24-2012, 11:09 AM
    bobsticks
    Gentlemen, let's take it easy. I think we can all agree that there's problems with the site as is...perhaps through inquiry we can find out if there are solutions in the works.

Interestingly, if one checks out our sister sites they have exactly the same problems and, in a few instances, worse.

Hey, I actually got to moderate something between two living humans...it's been awhile :p
  • 04-24-2012, 01:07 PM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    I understand freedom of speech very well. However, can we have the freedom from your constant b!tching? WE FREAKIN GET THE POINT ALREADY!!!!!

If I have to read BOT posts, you get to read mine. Or better yet, don't read any of my posts.
  • 04-24-2012, 02:22 PM
    Quote:

If I have to read BOT posts, you get to read mine. Or better yet, don't read any of my posts.

So now are you going to take your jacks and go home? If so, at least we get a moment of silence from your constant complaining and crying.
  • 04-24-2012, 02:55 PM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicAdam View Post
    Hey All,the forums got a little face lift ...

Nice work. Looks cleaner.
  • 04-24-2012, 03:20 PM
    JoeE SP9
    Me likum nu look!
  • 04-24-2012, 03:27 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by STtT

Quote:

Hyfi, there are only three moderators here. Me, JohnMicheal, and Bobsticks. Yes the bots are getting out of control, but don't you dare criticize the moderators for not doing their best to control it.

Between the three of us, there are days when we delete 100's of spam posts. Not to mention the dozens of accounts that get deleted before the bot even has a chance to post. We do our best to stay on top of it FOR YOUR BENEFIT!

You're welcome.
  • 04-24-2012, 07:33 PM
    Smokey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Hyfi, there are only three moderators here. Me, JohnMicheal, and Bobsticks. Yes the bots are getting out of control, but don't you dare criticize the moderators for not doing their best to control it.

FA, I don't think Hyfi is criticizing moderators. He is just asking why so many spams are able to get thru in the first place. Sites like Audioholics or AVSforum use the same software as in AR, but one hardly see any spams on those sites, if any.

Maybe another layer in registration process might be warranted to weed out the spams.
  • 04-25-2012, 12:39 AM
    RGA
    I like the new looks - always like to see some tubes at the top of the page. It's just glass (err class) man.

I don't understand the BOTS. Don't you have to sign up and then type in some letters to be able to get an account?

I understand spam e-mail - they just send bulk garbage to any e-mails they can but I don't get how they can get into the forums.

Maybe find out what Audio Asylum is using because it doesn't happen there - this would save the moderators time. Granted I know practically zilch about computers and I'm sure Adam is as expert as it gets.
  • 04-25-2012, 02:50 AM
    Hyfi
    lol:3: