Forum Regular

Fisher Turntable.

Hello to everyone..
    I'll start out by saying I really hardly know anything about the components of audio equpiment, I just really like to listen. Anyways, I picked up a free Fisher MT 6310 turntable without a cartridge and with further observation it looks like it doesn't have a belt either. So now this is where my lack of knowledge comes in...how in the world do I replace a belt? I can't figure out how to get the plate part off..I took the whole bottom off, but it didn't appear to give access to the belt area. Any help will be greatly apprieciated. Also, since this was free, I don't really mind experimenting with it becuse its not in pristine condition or anything, I just got to it see what I could do with it.
    Thanks.
    Rob.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by travelight
    Hello to everyone..
    I'll start out by saying I really hardly know anything about the components of audio equpiment, I just really like to listen. Anyways, I picked up a free Fisher MT 6310 turntable without a cartridge and with further observation it looks like it doesn't have a belt either. So now this is where my lack of knowledge comes in...how in the world do I replace a belt? I can't figure out how to get the plate part off..I took the whole bottom off, but it didn't appear to give access to the belt area. Any help will be greatly apprieciated. Also, since this was free, I don't really mind experimenting with it becuse its not in pristine condition or anything, I just got to it see what I could do with it.
    Thanks.
    Rob.

There was a Fisher turntable that was magnetically driven. The platter had magnets on the inside rim and an electro magnet that used attraction/repulsion to drive the platter. It was neither belt nor direct driven. I do not know if that is the same model but it would explain not finding a belt.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Forum Regular
    I don't think it's magnetically driven because looking through the small holes on the platter, I can see at least one sort of "tower" (not sure what to call it) but its about 3/4 inch tall and has a lubricant on it. So I figured thats one place where a belt went around. But my main problem is I don't know how to get the platter off to see whats underneath. I've taken the bottom of the unit off but it doesn't appear to give access to the area directly under the platter. If you know how to remove the platter that would greatly help me!
    Again, Thank you !

Take the mat off and look closely at the center spindle, see if there is not a circlip that needs to be removed to get the platter off. Duals were set up this way. On some tables the platter simply snapped over the spindle and required just a light pull to remove them. Now, don't go nuts trying to pull it off. If it were to come off simply by pulling, the pull required is not very forceful.

Crank it up, dude! huh? hydroman's Avatar
    And - as you look throuh the holes in the platter - see if the belt is just wrapped around the platter and just needs to be pulled over the 'tower' (drive spindle).
    H/K AVR635 7.1
    Denon DVD900
    AE AEGIS III Mains
    ION USB Turntable w/ Shure M97XE
    15" Titanic III Sealed Enclosure Sub
    Dayton Rackmount 1000W :O
    Denon Surrounds
    Sony Bravia KDL40S2000

AR Newbie Registered Member

Unhappy Hello

I have a fisher MC-3160 and I can't figure out how to get my platter off either.. I have a stuck stop start auto switch and I need to lube it... But I can't figure out how to get to it. Any Ideas???

Forum Regular

New Here

Hello

I've been lurking here for over a year but this is my first post.

This board has been a wealth of knowledge but I was wondering about additional resources you use for this type of stuff.

Please let me know other sites/forums you use

I'll go post an intro now!

Thread Information