Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    The topic is "First impressions at California audio Show'

One more off topic post and ALL of your off topic posts will be deleted.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K
    I hate to contribute to the pirating of a thread but ....

I'll briefly say that if you compare CD sound quality vs vinyl sound it's a pretty easy choice in favor of the vinyl. Fortunately, we're not stuck in the 80's and there are alot of alternative digital recording mediums being used now. Some of the super high res (172khz PCM, 24bit 192khz) digital stuff sounds absolutely fantastic and you don't have to have a reel to reel tape machine with master tapes. The problem is that finding your favorite music in a high res format you can playback. There's just clearcut choice like there was when 'redbook' CD came out. Fortunately, I use my computer as my main source at home and can playback virutally anything. The super high res recordings I've been able to get my hands one really do stand apart from their redbook counterparts and I believe beat out vinyl recordings in sound quality.

Unfortunately, new formats in audio really have a hard time finding consensus and not many producers and product developers want to waste money on a 'fad'. Hopefully in another 5-10years redbook will be history and will be replaced by a single super high res digital format. When that happens it is going to be alot harder to see a clear winner in the vinyl vs digital argument. Until then, I'm stuck listening to a few choice cuts over and over
    I don't think the new formats really have a hard time finding a consensus as much as most engineers(and record companies) are very slow to adopt new tools. DVD-A and SACD were really just protection measure to the format, and really were not taken all that seriously by the record companies. Because of that lack of seriousness, they didn't promote either format, and largely the audio engineers that adopted them got burned by the cost of the equipment upgrade without the ROI.

There is a breed of emerging audio engineers coming from Europe that are setting the bar for high resolution recording in both stereo and multichannel. 2L and Surround Records are releasing most of the high resolution stuff now, and they are adopting DXD as the capture format, and delivering their work losslessly via SACD and 24/192khz PCM, Dts-HD Master Audio or Dolby Digital TruHD on the Blu ray disc format. I have about 40 recordings of high resolution music on Blu ray disc, and quite frankly I have never heard anything close to the quality i am hearing from it on any format.

Audiophiles also need to adopt more sources of music on other formats. Downloading is just beginning to take off, but the Blu ray disc isn't even being considered. That is a shame since a download cannot replaced when you have computer issues, but a disc is always there.

You do have one important point - that is there is not a lot of offerings out there if you are not into classical music. We do have to start somewhere though, and for classical music lovers there is more to life than just vinyl or CD. Audiophiles should embrace the opportunity to hear classical music at a resolution that in the past was unheard of.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Please start another thread if you want to pursue this dialog.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Back at the California Audio Show. Sounds like an excellent show BTW. For the antendees, was there talk of a second annual show? My friends were just at the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas and you could make your reservations for next years convention at this years show. What's the next big show Rocky Mountain Audiofest? Like to start planning some vacations around a show or two.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

Forum Regular
    I didn't overhear any discussion of a show next year but judging by the turnout I'd be surprised if they didn't do it again. Even on Friday while most people should be at work it was hard to find a seat in alot of the rooms. I believe RMAF is about 8 weeks from now. If I wasn't so broke from buying audio equipment I would probably be going!

Since this is AudioREVIEW.com.... maybe a few people who attended the show could put a vote in for their favorite systems from the show?

I'll kick it off with my top 5 (in no particular order) -

- Salk Signature Sound
    - JBL Everests
    - Evolution Acoustics
    - Magico V3
    - Audio Note

There were definitely other systems that impressed me, but these were the rooms where my butt spent the most time.

Forum Regular
    My favorites in order:

Evolution Acoustics (only when playing tapes)
    Teresonic (playing vinyl)
    Audio Note (here they only had CDs, but the sound was great; I think it would have been my favorite if they were using tapes or vinyl)
    Magico V3 (playing vinyl)
    Lotus (vinyl)

Was there any Outlaw gear at the show?
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Suspended
    Is Outlaw even still in business? The roar from that area has been really quiet for a long time.

Outlaw is now selling a Marantz AVR instead of the Onkyo!
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Does not surprise me that they are selling Marantz. The Onkyo MRP and I listened to was just down right awful.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

FOAD ... know what that means, DS?

Quote Originally Posted by debt settlements View Post
    Firms Settlement Consolidation nationalrelief com/DebtResources/DebtReduction aspx]debt reduction
    debtconsolidation com/articles/debt-settlement html]debt settlement debtconsolidation com/articles/debt-settlement html]debt settlements
    Being delinquent on bank card debts isn't any laughing matter The endless annoying collection calls, torturous threat of lawsuits, and anxiety about bankruptcy can establish many insomnia But, a credit card debt negotiation agreement will take away a great deal troubles The following statistics explain why everybody is selecting credit cards credit card debt settlement letter via this superior way of debt elimination:

nationalrelief com/DebtResources/DebtSettlement aspx]irs tax debt settlementnationalrelief com/DebtResources/DebtSettlement aspx]debt settlement lawyer in
    debt reliefdebt settlement
    debt settlementdebt settlements
    legal debt settlementwww debt settlement

Being delinquent on bank card debts is not any laughing matter The endless annoying collection calls, torturous threat of lawsuits, and anxiety about bankruptcy can cause many insomnia But, a debt negotiation agreement will take away a whole lot troubles The following statistics explain why everybody is deciding on a bank card debt negotiation letter via this superior kind of debt elimination:
    Being delinquent on credit card debts isn't laughing matter The endless annoying collection calls, torturous threat of lawsuits, and anxiety about bankruptcy can produce many difficulty sleeping But, a debt negotiation agreement might take away a good deal troubles The next statistics explain why everybody is picking a charge card debt consolidation letter via this superior kind of debt elimination:
    Being delinquent on credit card debts isn't any laughing matter The endless annoying collection calls, torturous threat of lawsuits, and anxiety about bankruptcy can produce many insomnia But, a debt negotiation agreement will take away a good deal troubles These statistics explain why everybody is deciding on a charge card debt consolidation letter via this superior kind of debt elimination:
    Being delinquent on charge card debts isn't laughing matter The endless annoying collection calls, torturous threat of lawsuits, and concern with bankruptcy can cause many sleepless nights But, a debt negotiation agreement will take away lots troubles These statistics explain why everybody is opting for a card debt negotiation letter via this superior form of debt elimination:
    Being delinquent on credit card debts is no laughing matter The endless annoying collection calls, torturous threat of lawsuits, and fear of bankruptcy can create many difficulty sleeping But, a debt negotiation agreement may take away a lot troubles This statistics explain why so many people are choosing a credit card unsecured debt settlement letter via this superior form of debt elimination:
    Being delinquent on credit card debts is not any laughing matter The endless annoying collection calls, torturous threat of lawsuits, and concern with bankruptcy can produce many difficulty sleeping But, a credit card debt negotiation agreement may take away lots troubles The following statistics explain why everybody is choosing a card unsecured debt settlement letter via this superior form of debt elimination:
    Being delinquent on plastic card debts is no laughing matter The endless annoying collection calls, torturous threat of lawsuits, and concern about bankruptcy can create many problems sleeping But, a credit card debt negotiation agreement usually takes away lots troubles The following statistics explain why everybody is deciding on a credit card unsecured debt settlement letter via this superior way of debt elimination:
    Being delinquent on debit card debts is no laughing matter The endless annoying collection calls, torturous threat of lawsuits, and concern about bankruptcy can establish many sleeplessness But, a credit card debt negotiation agreement may take away a whole lot troubles These statistics explain why so many people are deciding on a credit card debt consolidation letter via this superior type of debt elimination:

nationalrelief com/DebtResources/DebtManagement aspx]commercial debt management

nationalrelief com/DebtResources/MedicalBillsRelief aspx]medical bill negotiation
    nationalrelief com/DebtResources/MedicalBillsRelief aspx]how to deal with medical bills

nationalrelief com/DebtResources/CreditCardDebt aspx]credit card debt consolidation helpnationalrelief com/DebtResources/CreditCardDebt aspx]business credit card debtnationalrelief com/DebtResources/CreditCardDebt aspx]credit card debt factsnationalrelief com/DebtResources/CreditCardDebt aspx]credit card debt garnishmentnationalrelief com/DebtResources/CreditCardDebt aspx]credit card debt consolidate nonprofit

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information