I'm starting to think about ordering a batch of Owens Corning 703 sound absorption boards. The current treatment that I've done to my listening room, is to put R-19 in the 6 inches above the cabinets that line the back of my listening room.

I'm thinking that I'll next try putting in sound absorbing boards in the front on the room. Since my main problem is bass standing waves, I'm thinking that 4" 703's on the front wall would treat the bass and take out the reflected treble/mid range as well.

My question is I think in the front of the room I want unfaced 703's (instead of the faced FRK boards), correct?