Forum Regular

Earbud ear clips

Crazy question. I like earbud headphones (because I can't stand anything inside my ears). But they never stay put. Does anyone know of clips that can be used on earbuds that will hook around ears? I know that some manufacturers sell them, but I like my current earbuds. Thanks, John

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Pardon my dumbness but...

...what's wrong with this picture:

Quote Originally Posted by jdag
    Crazy question. I like earbud headphones (because I can't stand anything inside my ears). Thanks, John
    Isn't that like being a little pregnant?

I too don't care much for things in my ears, which is why I opt for on-the-ear or circumaural models, both of which usually provide better bass response.

Is it your activity level that account's for your miseries? If so, I'll venture a guess that hi-fi isn't hi-pri(ority)...why not get some el-cheapo Koss or Sony 'phones, they'll stay put fairly well, except obviously under the most strenuous activity...and starting at around $5 they're essentially disposable.

Of course, if hi-fi is important, there are things like the Etymotic line...unfortunately they do go fairly deep into your ear canal...

jimHJJ(...also quite deep into your wallet...)

P.S. You could Google "sports earbuds" but there aren't any aftermarket clip devices as far as I can see...
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 03-07-2006 at 07:41 AM.
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Forum Regular
    I never heard good sound from earbuds-- only in-ear. What do you use?

Forum Regular
    Resident Loser - Nice editing of my initial statement! ;-)

I would love to invest in Etymotic or Shure in-ear headphones. But I simply cannot stand anything more than slightly inserted into my ears.

So I was hoping that one of the upper-end manufacturers produced a bud style as I want tiny size and best possible quality...and I want them to stay put. I realize an over the ear design would be much better for sound reproduction.

Thread Information