• 12-30-2005, 10:14 AM
    casillas
    DVD Player with progressive scan
    Hello out there just signed up.I have a a dumb question.
    what is progresive scan?(on dvd player)and do i want it or not.I do have a HDTV and receiver.
  • 12-30-2005, 10:40 AM
    L.J.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by casillas
    what is progresive scan?(on dvd player)and do i want it or not.I do have a HDTV and receiver.

Yes you want it. It's a good thing. Click here for some info. Do a google search and you'll find all kinds of info.
  • 12-30-2005, 12:15 PM
    westcott
    Quote:

I see no use for progressive scan on a DVD player if your TV does not accept a 480p signal, which I doubt your TV does if it is not a newer model with this capability.

On the other hand, I have not seen many decent DVD players that do not have it. I guess what I am trying to say is that I see no real premium associated with buying a DVD player that has progressive scan capabilites. Just make sure you get a player that puts out a 480i and 480p signal and will connect with your existing TV, probably via S Video cable if I had to guess.

This site might help you decide on a player. Hope this helps!

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-b...h&articles=all

Happy Holidays!
  • 12-30-2005, 12:42 PM
    bjornb17
    Quote:

Originally Posted by westcott
    I see no use for progressive scan on a DVD player if your TV does not accept a 480p signal, which I doubt your TV does if it is not a newer model with this capability.

On the other hand, I have not seen many decent DVD players that do not have it. I guess what I am trying to say is that I see no real premium associated with buying a DVD player that has progressive scan capabilites. Just make sure you get a player that puts out a 480i and 480p signal and will connect with your existing TV, probably via S Video cable if I had to guess.

This site might help you decide on a player. Hope this helps!

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-b...h&articles=all

Happy Holidays!

Considering he has an HDTV, he most likely will have the ability to accept 480p. Also it looks better and probably comes on 90% of dvd players these days so he should definately make sure his dvd player has it.
  • 01-03-2006, 01:29 PM
    casillas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bjornb17
    Considering he has an HDTV, he most likely will have the ability to accept 480p. Also it looks better and probably comes on 90% of dvd players these days so he should definately make sure his dvd player has it.

Thank you for your input my tv does accept 480i as well as 480p.
  • 01-03-2006, 01:35 PM
    casillas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bjornb17

Thank you all for your input i am just getting back around to my question and on learning how to reply back to you all.thanks again and Happy New Year.
  • 01-03-2006, 05:53 PM
    bjornb17
    Quote:

Thank you all for your input i am just getting back around to my question and on learning how to reply back to you all.thanks again and Happy New Year.

You're welcome :) Also welcome to the forums!