Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nightflier
    Well, if there is one thing ARC didn't do as well, it was to worry about looks and that is one thing the Italians can definitely help them with. After all, we're talking about the country were Ferrari automobiles, D&G style, and Opera Loudspeakers are from. If the parent company allows ARC to keep the insides as good as they have been but throws a little style, or dare I say, a little sexy curve on the front of those drab ARC preamps, more power to 'em.

I had heard about about ARC's acquisition elsewhere, but didn't know about the Tannoy-Gibson deal. Good article.

Thanks Ajani.

Feanor, No. I know you were not bashing the US. My comment initially was that its a great pity that Audio Research was sold, and I have a real fear that over the long-term it will change the very nature of that company, its service, and its products. I am at least glad of the fact that it was an Italian firm. Its hard to imagine how this firm could help audio research products get better in terms of performance; there is after all a nucleus of talent and experience in audio circuit design already at ARC. Audio Research have been making among the finest products at the forefront of the industry within their areas of specialty, that is to say tube and hybrid electronics. The danger is that quality could be diluted due to cost cutting etc. I hope the new owners will respect that..
    Last edited by O'Shag; 02-01-2008 at 12:01 PM.

You are right NightFlier.

One area that the Italians could help Audio Research though is in making the products look a bit nicer. The Italians are undeniably masters of beauty and style.
    Last edited by O'Shag; 02-01-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Not only that but most of what he says is BS

NOT THAT YOU WOULD KNOW.

I am not one that clings to the past, like some who cling to their turntable like its some kind
    of life raft, not some outmoded way of listening to music.
    True I have one and still enjoy my vintage records, most of which I BOUGHT NEW.
    But they are a part of my life, a part of who I am, I will not make the silly claim of some so called "audiophiles" that they are better than a CD.
    I get it, the world is being "globalized", and stuff is being made all over, but someone mentioned "quality", and thats not what its about AT ALL.
    Its about personality, soul, and there is a lot of stuff out there that had the persona of a 4 slot toaster. My first cheap stereo with a record changer in the top had more style.
    So they try to copy the old forms, but they seem to only have a black and white toner
    cartrige, and the look and feel of the stuff put out is only skin deep.
    And the world is poorer for it, and the low IQ of most on this board is a blessing , really, most of you wont know what you're missing
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    ...and the low IQ of most on this board is a blessing , really, most of you wont know what you're missing
    Insult after insult towards the majority on this forum; you continue to set yourself up, and you continue to come back for more. I myself wouldn't know, but I guess it's lonely at the top huh?

What is the life expectancy of the adult male troll???

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    NOT THAT YOU WOULD KNOW.

I am not one that clings to the past, like some who cling to their turntable like its some kind
    of life raft, not some outmoded way of listening to music.
    True I have one and still enjoy my vintage records, most of which I BOUGHT NEW.
    But they are a part of my life, a part of who I am, I will not make the silly claim of some so called "audiophiles" that they are better than a CD.
    I get it, the world is being "globalized", and stuff is being made all over, but someone mentioned "quality", and thats not what its about AT ALL.
    Its about personality, soul, and there is a lot of stuff out there that had the persona of a 4 slot toaster.
    My first cheap stereo with a record changer in the top had more style.
    So they try to copy the old forms, but they seem to only have a black and white toner
    cartrige, and the look and feel of the stuff put out is only skin deep.
    And the world is poorer for it, and the low IQ of most on this board is a blessing , really, most of you wont know what you're missing
    Machines have personalities and souls?

Ummm.... ok then...

@ Rich... I owe you an apology.... now I understand why you wanted a cage fight...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information