Thread: audio advisor

Forum Regular

Question audio advisor

im thinking about buying a product from http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CA340A but im just wondering before i do what is there warrarnty on products ? like is there a year warranty or two years or any at all cause if im gonna be spending a fair bit of money on audio i want to make sure there is a warranty and also if it breaks do i have to pay to send it away and ship it back, if anybody has any info about that it would be appriciated i cannot find anything about there warranty on products or anything on there website any info would be great thanx

Quote Originally Posted by ryanianmckinnon
    im thinking about buying a product from http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CA340A but im just wondering before i do what is there warrarnty on products ? like is there a year warranty or two years or any at all cause if im gonna be spending a fair bit of money on audio i want to make sure there is a warranty and also if it breaks do i have to pay to send it away and ship it back, if anybody has any info about that it would be appriciated i cannot find anything about there warranty on products or anything on there website any info would be great thanx
    AA is a really good company to buy from. I purchased a Musical Fidelity CDP from them and had problems. they give thirty days to try it in your home. If you have problems call them up and they will send you labels to send it back.

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    thanx frenchmon i am not spending like thousands of dollars but i still want to get something good this is probally the first new amp ive ever baughten so i want to make sure its a good site and thats good 30 days to try it out and if u dont like it send it back and does the actually product have a warranty for parts and stuff ? cause i was looking at another site and the int. amp that i wanted had a 2 year warranty for parts and labour im just wondering if AA has that or just even a year and it doesnt say how much shipping is gonna cost i wonder if it will be ALOT cause its gotta ship to canada

thanx frenchmon i am not spending like thousands of dollars but i still want to get something good this is probally the first new amp ive ever baughten so i want to make sure its a good site and thats good 30 days to try it out and if u dont like it send it back and does the actually product have a warranty for parts and stuff ? cause i was looking at another site and the int. amp that i wanted had a 2 year warranty for parts and labour im just wondering if AA has that or just even a year and it doesnt say how much shipping is gonna cost i wonder if it will be ALOT cause its gotta ship to canada
    Yes they do give a warranty. But if I where you, I would not order through AA's internet interface, I would call them up and order that way. Then you could ask all the important questions up front so there is no misunderstandings

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    good i want to make sure if i do order something from them it has a warranty and yeah i might just call and ask and order on the phone or just ask on the phone then order online but i deffinetly want to make sure i ask all the important things first before i order

The warranty is provided by the manufacturer, not the retail seller. Some manufacturers' warranties require you to buy from an authorized dealer, but that wouldn't be a problem with Audio Advisor.

Forum Regular
    ok does anybody know what the warranty on cambridge audio is ? and if u want to listen to vinyls on a int. amp do u need to have a phono output or can u plug it into another output ? cause the cambridge int. amp i want doesnt have a phono output http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CA340A

If the Int. Amp does not have a phono input then you will need to buy a phono preamp. Take a look at the bellari phono preamp, its a real bargain.

www.needledoctor.com

I have ordered from AA and they are a reputable company. I ordered my Parasound amp by phone.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Forum Regular
    ok so i cant hook it into like aux or anything like that ?

ok so i cant hook it into like aux or anything like that ?
    We talked about this one in your thread on integrated amps:

http://www.spearitsound.com/Cambridg...Audio_540p.asp

The output coming from your phono cartridge is far too low for the Aux input. You would need to connect the turntable to a phono preamp and then the phono preamp to the Aux input.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    You might want to consider an integrated with a built in phono stage. AA has the Marantz PM5003 and I'm sure there are plenty of others. If you're pressed for space that is one alternative.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

We also mentioned the Marantz in the other thread...

NAD or ?

Forum Regular
    i think im just gonna get the http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CA340A for now then adventually get the seperate phono preamp to run vinyls im just get a cd player for now to listen to or just plug in my ipod but i think the cambridge is a good amp for the price and its just what i need a little bit of audiophile for a small price and its not gonna be way to over powered for what im listening to, i could go for that NAD but i dont see why its more money, only two channels, and it doesnt have a phono output so i would have to spend another $100 to $200 dollars where as the cambridge its four channels, $350 bucks, but it also doesnt have a phono output but i can get a matching one for $100 and its still cheaper than just the NAD itself

Thread Information