Question If I was a box.....

If I was a ported box w/ an outside measurement of 12" tall & 12" long & 12" wide.What would be my INSIDE airspace be w a 5"long port w/ a dia.of 2" in the center be???

Depends how thick your wood is and the displacement of your woofer. Obviously, it would be somewhere under 1 cubic foot.

Try this site. I know that this is for car audio, but the calculations work for any speaker. Go to section 110.

http://www.bcae1.com/
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Ignore the woofer displacement, port volume, and any volume taken up by the plate amp...your damping material will compensate for that and then some...there's no exact formula or rule, but at least line the sides with loose polyfill, foam, or insulation. The amount the woofer will vary from the published specs will make a bigger difference than these finer volume calculation details.

Your 12" cube box should be made of 3/4" material...so 18.97L or 0.67 cubic feet is good enough.

Thank you ! To everyone..

Thread Information