RGA
    Forum Regular

CES 2010 show report is up...

Ok some delay with the show report but as some requested from me it is slowly being posted a page at a time. I have about 10 or so pages and the first one has been rolled out. We only had a few guys covering CES compared to the big magazines and at least for me it's not my full time job. Please forgive some of the poor photos - I am no camera man - the rooms during the day had the windows open and so I was getting weird lighting from several directions. I definitely need an external flash fro the Nikon DSLR.

http://dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=650

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Great stuff Rich, thanks.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Thanks,

Should have linked the main page for other show reports http://www.dagogo.com/View-Event.asp?hEvent=25

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I had a look through Soo's TT review. Incredible.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    I really miss this show, only the second time in the last 15 years. I forgot what beautiful(and usual) looking stuff is demonstrated. I think this will be the last show I miss.

Good stuff Rich, thanks for the post man.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

RGA
    Forum Regular
    I wanted to start with the flashy million dollar Perfect8 room - it is quite a striking system in person - must be a big pain in the arse to clean - but I guess if you can afford it you can hire a maid.

I spent 4 solid days pretty much from 10am to 6:30 stopping for a drink here and there and I still missed a large number of rooms. Some were so packed that it was really impossible to get a decent audition. But I think I covered about 70 rooms where I could actualy sit and give probably 50 of them a good 15-30 minutes of audition. I avoided some of the stuff that is available locally simply because I know what they sound like - wth the exception of some of my favorites.

The Magico was interesting because Mike of AudioFederation who I agree with most of the time really hated the Magico room. This surprised me because I really felt the room was rendering the Cello music really brilliantly - and most who know me know I don't usually care for loudspeakers with this type of driver array. People go in at different times - here different music. The first day I went to the big Audio Note room they had the speakers set-up quite a lot differently than the third day and that made quite a substantial difference so perhaps that was the case with Magico. I do wish I played more full range music and some harder hitting pieces which may have revealed some weaknesses but the cello itself isn't a cakewalk.

Thread Information