Forum Regular

CD Player - Linn Majik or Simaudio Supernova?

I'm upgrading my 8-year-old CalAudio CD player, and am down to 2 picks, the Linn Majik or the Simaudio Supernova - any thoughts or experiences with either? Just finished breaking in a pair of Wilson Sophia speakers (THEY ABSOLUTELY ROCK!), use a Brystan amp & Audible Illusion preamp, listen to mostly rock, soft rock, country, alternative, everything BUT classical, basically. thanks! - J[

Forum Regular
    I have only heard the Supernova and found it to be an outstanding player.It was the most analog sounding player that i have heard to date.The Linn is supposed to be good as well however,i don't think you could go wrong.

bill

Forum Regular
    Thanks - just ordered the Moon yesterday, and agree with your comment. The Linn was excellent, but not quite as multi-dimensional as the Moon. I hate the fact that I had to special order, and pay more, for the rack-mounted version so they could remove the front panel (!). Such is life, all about supply & demand. Can't wait 'til it arrives though, I think that will satisfy my audio cravings for a while, still breaking in a pair of Wilson Sophia speakers that never cease to amaze. One more cable upgrade in my future, I think, and then turn attention to home theatre improvements! cheers - J

Forum Regular
    Congratulations,I am sure you will be very happy with your Moon,they make very nice gear.I have just ordered a Moon Calypso DVD player and am awaiting it's arrival with great impatience.If you are looking for a theatre upgrade you may want to look at Anthem.I recently purchased an avm-30 processor and am very happy.High performance at decent prices.
    enjoy
    bill

Forum Regular
    We will be looking at home theatre upgrade next, but need a few months financial recovery after the Wilson Sophias and now the Moon, and likely cables. Ca-ching!!!! I think the first home theatre upgrade may be a 65-inch Ronco TV, then not sure what's behind that, so maybe I'll see you on the home theatre forum around the holidays!! ENJOY! - Joanne

Forum Regular
    Sounds like a great display,i am sure you will enjoy it.Holidays are a long way away.Enjoy your Moon.

bill

Thread Information