Thread: CD cleaners?

mvhetes Registered Member

CD cleaners?

Recently I attampted to purchase, from Radio Shack, additional fluid for my Radio Shack-branded CD cleaner. Simple enough, but I was told that the unit I had was discontinued; therefore no fluid was available. This is also true, I later discovered, at their web site.

OK, so just what do you folks use to clean CDs and DVDs and where do you get it?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mvhetes
    Recently I attampted to purchase, from Radio Shack, additional fluid for my Radio Shack-branded CD cleaner. Simple enough, but I was told that the unit I had was discontinued; therefore no fluid was available. This is also true, I later discovered, at their web site.

OK, so just what do you folks use to clean CDs and DVDs and where do you get it?
    You only need to clean them if they skip. But you can use a mild cleaner if you need to. Windex, dishwasher liquid, etc.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Hi Mtry; My newspaper has a column on one of those famous cleaning gurus on Fridays, but offhand, my "senile"mind cannot remember her name. This subject came up once before. A recommended cleaner was of all things PEANUT BUTTER. Of course I would have thought she would have specified smooth or crunchy. Imagine somebody using crunchy to clean a CD.

Forum Regular

I use...

Quote Originally Posted by mvhetes

Optrix, which can be purchased from mapleshaderecords .com. Its retail price is $16.95 + shipping. It comes in a two ounce spray bottle. I do not use it often, but when I do it is effective. It also works on DVD's.
    Remember, different isn't always better, but it is different.
    Keep things as simple as possible, but not too simple.
    Let your ears decide for you!

Thread Information