• 02-28-2005, 05:02 PM
    RADCOM
    cartridge for Rega planar 3
    I have recently purchased a second hand rega planar 3 and it needs a cartridge and stylus. My fiancee has about 50 albums or so but we don't listen to music that often! Any recommendations. I have a Lentek Amp which will take MM or MC cartridges. Were both over 40......
  • 02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
    N. Abstentia
    What's your budget?
  • 03-01-2005, 11:58 AM
    franklinpross
    this might help . . .
    WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

try this link . . . it just might help . . .

YOU use your own good judgement

http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl/c.A...ategory.374/.f
  • 03-01-2005, 12:07 PM
    markw
    Goldring 1012 or 1042 are pretty good mates for Ragas. Grado makes very nice cartridges and would be a great recommendation but something about those Regas lack of shielding, motor location and Grados tend to produce hum as the arm moves towards the center of the TT..
  • 03-01-2005, 08:39 PM
    Mr Peabody
    You couldn't go wrong with Rega's own cartridges. I have a P3 and use Rega's Elys and have no complaints. The sound is very good but I also haven't used anything else yet. I also heard Goldring's match well. If or when I try something different I was going to take a listen to a Dynavector high output moving coil. One of the reasons I would think about switching at some point, I heard it said that Rega's cartridges tend to allow more audible surface noise compared to some other brands.

Another website to compare price and brands: www.amusicdirect.com
    www.acousticsounds.com
    www.redtrumpet.com