• 07-24-2016, 01:34 PM
    carfan1
    Can I run 7.1 and zone 2 speakers AND another pair of WIFI or bluetooth speakers?
    Guys,

I am planning on getting a new receiver to add more speakers to my current system. I am planning on running something like the Onkyo TX NR646. I have this receiver in my shop and I like it. I want to run 7.1 in the living room and then use the zone 2 line output and play the sound in another room through another receiver. I do this at my shop and it works fine. Now I also want to add a pair of Bluetooth or WIFI speakers to my backyard as well. Can this be done with this or any other system? If this receiver can't do it but there is another that can I'm happy to go with whatever will work. Thank for your advice.

Mike
  • 07-24-2016, 01:42 PM
    recoveryone
    First off what is the expectation you want?

1. have music throughout your place

if that is the case, I would rather go with a wifi system like sonos or old squeeze box (which can be wired also)
  • 07-25-2016, 09:36 AM
    carfan1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by recoveryone View Post
    First off what is the expectation you want?

1. have music throughout your place

if that is the case, I would rather go with a wifi system like sonos or old squeeze box (which can be wired also)

I just want audio distributed around the house. I'm reluctant to purchase a wifi system like sonos because I already have the audio going to 90% of where I want it, including 100% inside the house. I also have two speakers outside, but just want to add a pair of additional speakers to the outside but would prefer not to have to run wires to them. That's why I want to use either BT or WIFI to those speakers. What's the easiest way to run a pair of BT or WIFI speakers, if every other speaker output is filled already?
  • 07-25-2016, 10:14 AM
    blackraven
    You can add a speaker selector switch. Do a search, there are many to choose from at varying prices. This will allow you to add speaker outs and select between them.

There are also wireless speaker amps.

Dayton Audio DTA-1W Class T Wireless Mini Amplifier System

Or you can get wireless powered speakers