Thread: Burn-In CDs

Burn-In CDs

Anybody here using using them with their systems?

(For those who don't know: the theory is that the disc signals demagnetize the circuits inside your components, resulting in a more coherent and extended high frequency reproduction without the glare.)
    Disclaimer: I am an employee of TARA Labs. I am not here to promote TARA Labs products.

Suspended
    I've never used one. I've seen those you can even use on gear that's already broke in, sort of like a tuning thing. I'd be interested in knowing if they work. I can definitely hear glare in some systems, I tend to call it noise because some of it can be removed when adding a AC filter device, whether after market cord or outlet type device with filtering. I just really have doubts as to whether sound can do anything to your system's reproduction quality. But, who know a power cord would make a difference.

What makes me buy products like this is if I take them out of my system and I can't live, or tolerate, the downgrade from not having it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I've never used one. I've seen those you can even use on gear that's already broke in, sort of like a tuning thing. I'd be interested in knowing if they work. I can definitely hear glare in some systems, I tend to call it noise because some of it can be removed when adding a AC filter device, whether after market cord or outlet type device with filtering. I just really have doubts as to whether sound can do anything to your system's reproduction quality. But, who know a power cord would make a difference.

What makes me buy products like this is if I take them out of my system and I can't live, or tolerate, the downgrade from not having it in there.
    If you wanted to try one out, you're welcome to try TARA Labs' (100% free) Burn-in CD. If you google "Cascade Burn-In" it should be the first result.

I'm not trying to push their products; TARA Labs doesn't sell any other kind of Burn-In CD.
    Disclaimer: I am an employee of TARA Labs. I am not here to promote TARA Labs products.

I'm going to download the file and burn a CD. The worst that can happen is that it's ineffective.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information