burn Audio only to DVD

Printable View

• 05-09-2004, 10:22 PM
    cryptic
    burn Audio only to DVD
    I'm a new member to this form so please make allowances if this topic has been raised before.

I use the Cool Edit software to restore old 78 and LP records and then transfer the "clean" sound to CD.

Because of it's higher capacity I would like to be able use DVD to store this data but so far I haven't been able to find a way to do it.

I can burn the data ( PCM wav. files) onto a DVD and this will play from my PC but not from the DVD player.

Is there a way, either by software or hardware, that I can burn audio only to a DVD disc and play through my stereo system via the DVD player ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers !!!
  • 05-10-2004, 08:32 PM
    Norm Strong
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptic
    I'm a new member to this form so please make allowances if this topic has been raised before.

I use the Cool Edit software to restore old 78 and LP records and then transfer the "clean" sound to CD.

Because of it's higher capacity I would like to be able use DVD to store this data but so far I haven't been able to find a way to do it.

I can burn the data ( PCM wav. files) onto a DVD and this will play from my PC but not from the DVD player.

Is there a way, either by software or hardware, that I can burn audio only to a DVD disc and play through my stereo system via the DVD player ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers !!!

If your DVD player will play CD-R encoded with mp3 audio, that is the best way to do it. You're not starting with particularly wideband sources, so you won't notice any loss of quality. You can get 12 hours of mp3 on a CD-R. That should be enough.
  • 05-26-2004, 09:44 AM
    robin_v
    I have just noticed that Nero 6.0 has the option of burning an audio DVD.
  • 05-27-2004, 03:24 AM
    maxg
    check out www.eximus.nl. Their software, DVD+A recorder, allows you to do this - even at 96/24 resolution. I posted about this - last week I think.