Forum Regular

Bose Controller Problem

So I am setting up a kick ass office sound system. I had some older Bose Panaray 402 series II's and bought a few Sony 10' subs. A 2200W and a 1100W Technical DJ amp. The original idea was to run the subs from the 1100 and the Panaray's from the 2200. I have the Bose Panaray system Controller which was supposed to limit all my freq's to my amps and sound nice, but when I hook it up before my amp everything is quiet and sounds like crap. I have read the manual and screwed with all the settings but don't know what to do about it. Any ideas? Tricks? It is possible it is fried on the inside but there are no indications other than the sound output. Everything seems to be working (lights/buttons) Signal in/clip lights seem to be working normally and I do get sound out, but it is garbage.

Firstly, it's illegal to use the term 'kickass' and 'Bose' in the same sentence!

But, I notice you are running 1100 watts into a Bose speaker which handles 240 watts. Very well could have fried something.

Forum Regular
    Yeah, I know Bose is craptastic, but I am on a serious budget and going for loudness only

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    You have been posting about problems with these speakers and your set-up since February and it does not read like it has ever worked. Time to start over.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Mutant from table 9
    Yeah. Start over. Even on a serious budget you can do better. You're not just going for loudness, despite what you think. Loud and crappy is not fun to listen to and will drive you out of the room.

Your better off going to Goodwill or the Salvation Army and getting some older box speakers with 10 or 12 inch woofers. Those are easily found for $40.

Something like this:Technics 3Way Floor Speakers Mdl SB-K40 **VINTAGE** | eBay

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

You can't polish a turd.

Individual components of integrated Bose systems don't play well with others. They are better at playing with themselves. In this quest, that's basically what you're doing.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    individual components of integrated bose systems don't play well with others. They are better at playing with themselves. In this quest, that's basically what you're doing.

rotflmao.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information