Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Bose is Amazing!!!!

It's amazing how they can take steps BACKWARDS and call them leaps FORWARD. My case is point is their ads for they new way Radio. It's main selling points are as follows....

1. New slim remote the size of a matchbook - Translation easy to wear out and way easy to lose.

2. No buttons to clutter up the look of the radio - So when you lose or damage the remote you now have to buy a new one from Bose or you have one expensive assed doorstop.

3. Slot loaded CD player. - Er yeah, and when the CD hangs up in there and you can't get it out you'll wish you had a tray instead...

The ignorance of people amazes me.

Da Worfster

JSE
    I saw that exact commercial with the remote that's about the size of credit card and thought the exact same thing. What happens when you lose the remote? I am sure since we are talking about BOSE the remote is most likely a space-aged design with a nuclear power cell which cost only $99.99, sold seperately. What could be more freakin frustrating than looking at the wonderful Bose Wave system just sitting there and not a damn thing you can do to use it or even get your CD out.

JSE

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Bose is amazing.......for !@#$%

Wow. All of those things are truly wonders of technology. How did they ever think of those things??

Oh yeah...that's the same stuff the car stereo companies were doing 18 years ago. Pardon me for assuming Bose came up with an idea on their own.

Worf -

You couldn't have said it better. When I saw that new "Wave Music" system (notice that they no longer call it the "Wave Radio"?) on TV, those same issues crossed my mind. What if I lose that dinky matchbox sized remote? Pretty easy to lose that thing in a vacuum cleaner I would think!

Also, I thought most people use these things as countertop radios or as alarm clocks. It's not like in the kitchen or on a bedside table, I'm going to want to go fumbling around for the remote when the unit is less than a foot from me. If the thing is inches from me and I want to turn the thing on, give me the on/off button! Oh and one more thing, where's the freaking SNOOZE BUTTON??? For $500, I would expect an alarm clock to have a gigantic snooze button that even the most hungover loser can find in the morning!

We already know that Bose is low on price/performance value, but this seems like a bizarre misstep for them because they've simplified things to the point that this clock radio isn't even very useful or convenient. For all of Bose's parlor tricks and overpriced gimmickry, the one thing that they've always done well is make things convenient and useful for the customers, by keeping things simple.

I mean, I think those Lifestyle systems are abhorently overpriced and underperforming. But, it's an all-in-one system, with no clutter, simple color-coded connections, simple setup, and some useful basic features that are all too often overlooked by receiver manufacturers such as RF remotes that can control the unit from a different room and a built-in music server with an intuitive user interface. For consumers who want plug-and-play simplicity, Bose is a good option, even though that simplicity costs a LOT in terms of both money and diminished utility as a consumer gets more advanced in how a home theater system works.

I also love how Bose puts that stupid "Wave" label on everything. I mean, why call it a "Wave Music "system? Oh yeah, no one will pay $500 for an "alarm clock!" I guess same reasoning stands for their "ACOUSTIC Wave" music system. $1,100 for a boom box? What a ripoff! $1,100 for an Acoustic Wave Music System? Sign me up!

Stereo value > car value texlle's Avatar

My $299 5 1/2 year old JVC shelf system, that I never use, sounds infinitely better than that Wave radio piece of crap.
    Dynaudio Audience 42
    Conrad-Johnson PV14
    Sonographe SA-250
    Music Hall CD 25.2
    Musical Fidelity V3 series- X-LPS phono preamp, X-DAC, X-PSU
    Rega RP1 w/ performance pack
    Pure i-20 iPod dock
    -----------------------------
    B&W DM603s2- B&W LCR60s3- B&W DM302
    Velodyne CT-120 12" sub
    Rotel RSX-1055
    Arcam CD73T
    Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD
    Denon DBP-1611 bluray
    -----------------------------
    KEF K120- Jolida JD202a- Cambridge Audio D300 cdp- T500 tuner

Photo gallery

Talking Wooch, Wooch, Wooch... You're being to damn logical!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Worf -

You couldn't have said it better. When I saw that new "Wave Music" system (notice that they no longer call it the "Wave Radio"?) on TV, those same issues crossed my mind. What if I lose that dinky matchbox sized remote? Pretty easy to lose that thing in a vacuum cleaner I would think!

Also, I thought most people use these things as countertop radios or as alarm clocks. It's not like in the kitchen or on a bedside table, I'm going to want to go fumbling around for the remote when the unit is less than a foot from me. If the thing is inches from me and I want to turn the thing on, give me the on/off button! Oh and one more thing, where's the freaking SNOOZE BUTTON??? For $500, I would expect an alarm clock to have a gigantic snooze button that even the most hungover loser can find in the morning!

We already know that Bose is low on price/performance value, but this seems like a bizarre misstep for them because they've simplified things to the point that this clock radio isn't even very useful or convenient. For all of Bose's parlor tricks and overpriced gimmickry, the one thing that they've always done well is make things convenient and useful for the customers, by keeping things simple.

I mean, I think those Lifestyle systems are abhorently overpriced and underperforming. But, it's an all-in-one system, with no clutter, simple color-coded connections, simple setup, and some useful basic features that are all too often overlooked by receiver manufacturers such as RF remotes that can control the unit from a different room and a built-in music server with an intuitive user interface. For consumers who want plug-and-play simplicity, Bose is a good option, even though that simplicity costs a LOT in terms of both money and diminished utility as a consumer gets more advanced in how a home theater system works.

I also love how Bose puts that stupid "Wave" label on everything. I mean, why call it a "Wave Music "system? Oh yeah, no one will pay $500 for an "alarm clock!" I guess same reasoning stands for their "ACOUSTIC Wave" music system. $1,100 for a boom box? What a ripoff! $1,100 for an Acoustic Wave Music System? Sign me up!
    You're looking at this thing as a thinking, rational human being... that my friend is NOT what you're supposed to be doing. Now, put on your bliders, open your moth and insert the hook so they can land your $500 plus samolians.

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    You're looking at this thing as a thinking, rational human being... that my friend is NOT what you're supposed to be doing. Now, put on your bliders, open your moth and insert the hook so they can land your $500 plus samolians.

Da Worfster
    Yesssss Masterrrrrrr!

Bose is my friend, I give anything to my friend Bose. Wooch love Bose. Bose is Wooch's best friend...

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Bose

Forum Regular
    One thing NEVER mentioned in a Bose ad is the price. That is a good indication of and over priced, over hyped product.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBee
    One thing NEVER mentioned in a Bose ad is the price. That is a good indication of and over priced, over hyped product.

Charlie

If I was going to charge someone $500 for an alarm clock, $1,100 for a boom box, $300 for a pair of "noise cancelling" headphones (that otherwise sell for less than $100), or $5,000 for an underperforming nonupgradable home theater system, I would want to hide the price for as long as possible too!

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Soooo...

...when YOU lose the remote, it's the manufacturers fault? Makes perfect sense to me...I mean if you can spill hot coffee on yerself, sue the company that sold it and WIN!!!...yep, perfect sense...

And IMHO, if you simply plop the unit down on your nightstand, the sound you get is the sound you deserve...the remote is all that "clutters" mine...as the unit itself is on a substantial shelf, positioned as per mfrs. guidelines(or as close as I can come, considering the shelf was there before the radio was)...given the relative "plug'n'play" ease and the approx. 1.5 sq. ft. of real estate it takes up, it seems to provide VG sound...I won't argue about the price but, that ease, WAF, integrating their products with your decor and obviously advertising costs, play a considerable part in what they charge. They are good in creating a certain cache for their products, that is undeniable.

I've seen many other mechanical units(with and without trays, etc.) jam-up, so that part of it seems like just so much b!tchin'n'moanin...

And as far as HT is concerned...he!! it's just another commodity(like digital) foisted on the public by the industry...whoop-de-doo!!! all just a load of cr*p IMO...planned obsolescence punctuated by a series of "breakthroughs" and for what? Bigger and louder explosions...To use your phrase...

"...The ignorance of people amazes me..."

jimHJJ(... and it always will...)

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...when YOU lose the remote, it's the manufacturers fault? Makes perfect sense to me...I mean if you can spill hot coffee on yerself, sue the company that sold it and WIN!!!...yep, perfect sense...jimHJJ(... and it always will...)
    That's not the point. The point is, if you lose the remote (which would be the person's fault not the company's) or if god forbid the remote stop working, you are stuck. You cannot do anything with the Wave system. There are NO buttoms at all on the box per the commercial. You just sit there and look at it until your new remote comes in. And, you CD is stuck as well. Of course you could always take the sledgehammer approach to get the CD out. So much for user friendly Bose.

JSE

Now you're gettin' with the program.....

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Yesssss Masterrrrrrr!

Bose is my friend, I give anything to my friend Bose. Wooch love Bose. Bose is Wooch's best friend...

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Bose
    Nice graphic, watch the drool, don't get any in da wave radio.

Da Worfster

Thanks JSE....

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    That's not the point. The point is, if you lose the remote (which would be the person's fault not the company's) or if god forbid the remote stop working, you are stuck. You cannot do anything with the Wave system. There are NO buttoms at all on the box per the commercial. You just sit there and look at it until your new remote comes in. And, you CD is stuck as well. Of course you could always take the sledgehammer approach to get the CD out. So much for user friendly Bose.

JSE
    Sigh... saved me from having to re-point out the obvious.

Da Worfster

Well, IMHO...

...it's all just so much Bose b!tchin'...in my limited experience with the brave new world of new-fangled, too-lazy-to-get-of-my-@$$ electronics, many units have any number of features/settings/options which can be accessed ONLY via it's remote...the folks in Framingham don't have THAT market cornered...face it, given their orientation, market research probably indicated the direction they chose to take, Bose owners bein' what they are...and since no self-respecting audiophile would be caught dead with Bose, what's the big issue other than grist for the mill...

BTW, a quick look at the owners manual via their site, reveals it does have a "snooze" feature(which can be customized to suit the individual), it can wake you up to either a radio station or a specific CD track and, after a two minute call to Bose Customer Support, a replacement remote(which I have yet to lose---unless my wife puts it where it doesn't belong) is all of ten bucks! Horrors! the pain!...the expense!...if you buy the unit, get a second remote as back-up if you're that paranoid about imminent failure or loss...and out of curiosoty, just how many remotes have YOU had to replace...my score: zero, maybe I'm just lucky and the law of averages will finally catch up to me.

The only problem is the five bills it cost's...for some folks that's no biggie...

jimHJJ(...Bose is no good, and Polk sold out, and NAD ain't what it used to be...)

...it's all just so much Bose b!tchin'...in my limited experience with the brave new world of new-fangled, too-lazy-to-get-of-my-@$$ electronics, many units have any number of features/settings/options which can be accessed ONLY via it's remote...the folks in Framingham don't have THAT market cornered...face it, given their orientation, market research probably indicated the direction they chose to take, Bose owners bein' what they are...and since no self-respecting audiophile would be caught dead with Bose, what's the big issue other than grist for the mill...
    Your limited experience seems to have left out the fact that clock radios and home theater systems are typically operated differently, and that their form factors follow different functions. A clock radio (which is what the Wave radio is) is mostly operated within arm's reach, a home theater system sits several feet from you. What you can easily reach with your hand without getting up, you operate with buttons on the unit. What you cannot reach with your hand without getting up, you operate with a remote. Why do you think all car stereos have buttons on the panel?

You're also making an awful lot of assumptions here about Bose's "market research". I give them credit for carving out some successful market niches for themselves by creating simple "plug and play" products, but this is one case where I think they simply outsmarted themselves.

Why are we commenting on this? Because Bose is advertising the thing night and day and none of us can get away from the freaking thing. As I type this, there's Wave radio ad right in the sidebar ------------------------->

"Performance: Everyone Can Recognize
    Simplicity: Everyone Can Appreciate
    Elegance: That Speaks for Itself"

BTW, a quick look at the owners manual via their site, reveals it does have a "snooze" feature(which can be customized to suit the individual), it can wake you up to either a radio station or a specific CD track and, after a two minute call to Bose Customer Support, a replacement remote(which I have yet to lose---unless my wife puts it where it doesn't belong) is all of ten bucks! Horrors! the pain!...the expense!...if you buy the unit, get a second remote as back-up if you're that paranoid about imminent failure or loss...and out of curiosoty, just how many remotes have YOU had to replace...my score: zero, maybe I'm just lucky and the law of averages will finally catch up to me.
    Yeah, a dinky snooze button that sits on that matchbox sized remote. I don't know about you, but in the morning I'm rarely in a state of mind where I want to go fumbling around for a remote to turn the alarm off. A $500 alarm clock without a big fat easy to find snooze button? Forget that!

Also, how many of your other remotes are as small as the one that comes with that Wave radio? That Bose remote is small enough to drop down a vent hole or get sucked into a vacuum. I haven't lost any remotes recently, then again all of them are large enough for me to easily locate and not get dropped into a duct or vacuum cleaner. the only one I ever lost was a similarly diminutive sized one that came with a portable CD player. Took less than a month before that thing went byebye.

Hmmm...

...how to approach this?...well, here goes...

"...Your limited experience seems to have left out the fact that clock radios and home theater systems are typically operated differently..."

Gee golly wilikers, no?...really?...fancy that!!!...having never seen the commercial and/or without any familiarity with the radio's said purpose, the only folks I have ever seen refer to it as a "clock radio"(with all that it infers) are the dyed-in-the-wool Bose bashers. If I may quote from the owners manual(available for your perusal @ the Bose website), in addition to a few other placement guidelines, advises:

"To enjoy maximum performance, place your Wave Music System across the room from where you will be listening"

Doesn't sound like the mfr. expects the unit to be viewed as a clock radio(in the traditional knock-over-the-lamp-and-phone-to-shut-the-d@mn-thing-off manner)...There isn't any room for it to be sitting on my nightstand, so it's up on the shelf, out of harms way...with controls that can only be reached with a step stool. Buttons, we don' need no stinkin' buttons...

'...You're also making an awful lot of assumptions here about Bose's "market research"...)

Which is why I used the word "probably"...but given my scenario AND the placement recs, it seems to have a consistent ring of that probability...just an edumacated guess...

"...Because Bose is advertising the thing night and day and none of us can get away from the freaking thing..."

Well, pish-tosh...there are any number of things I find patently offensive, that creep into my conciousness, uninvited, via various media...we all have our crosses to bear...I simply hit "mute" or change channels...good thing I have a remote handy...

"...a dinky snooze button that sits on that matchbox sized remote...fumbling around for a remote..."

The remote is the size of a credit card and about as thick as three to five of 'em...it's shape(thickness-wise)easily tells you which way is up, regardless of whatever shape you're in AND the position of the required button is pretty easy to remember after about the second or third use...of course, YMMV...AND it has hit the floor with no tragic consequences...plus no broken lamps, etc. As I said, as long as my wife puts it where it belongs, finding and using it doesn't really tax my abilities...face down in the pillow and such...

"...That Bose remote is small enough to drop down a vent hole or get sucked into a vacuum..."

Well, I suppose...but, if you have holes big enough to drop the remote into, the size of the thing wouldn't be MY chief worry...with holes THAT big, I suppose another "possibility" is for a Venezuelan fruit bat to fly in and carry it off mistaking it for the odd block of guava paste...it could happen!!!...and I don't know about you, but I rarely use my shop vac with it's 4in. diameter hose to "tidy" the bedroom...or living room for that matter...

jimHJJ(...still seems like much ado about nothing...)

nightflier

My 2 cents

We're all forgetting the first rule of technology: If someone has paid 5 bills for a techy gizmo (in this case the Wave/Clock radio), then they want to believe that they didn't get ripped off. How many of us have ever railed against a new toy we just started playing with? I didn't think so. Only when a better toy comes along, do we become critical.

I just bought a new car, and to me that's the most beutifull piece of engineering I ever owned. But once a new design of the same model comes out, I'll be a little less enthusiastic. When Consumer Reports bashes it, I'll be even more vexed. Once its paint starts fading, I'll be looking at new cars, and when I finally sell it, it may be the worst car I ever drove. It's just the way we talk about the toys we spend our hard-earned dollars on.

If I had plunked down $500 for a Wave/Clock radio, I would defend it in these forums 'til my fingers bled. The fact is, we're not going to convince ResLoser that he got ripped off. If we can wait a few months, he might come back & tell us so himself when he looses that remote, or a in a few years when the thing craps out. In my opinion, its just a hunk of plastic parts, no different than all the other Wallmart crap that is built by slave labor and wafts across the ocean to rip us off and polute our landfills a few years later.

But guess what folks, I wouldn't know that unless I had also bought something like that. I can still remember my first JVC boombox monstrosity that I bought after a year of paper deliveries and car washes. I loved that sucker and it was the worst sounding radio/tape player I ever bought. Unfortunately, it would not be the last. Who hasn't bought a Hyundai Excel (for me, the engine blew up in my face on the freeway), a Ford Festiva (transmission died in a year), Realistic clock radio (started smoking), Fisher CD player (had to break it open to get my CD out), and Philips speakers (paper cones so thin they were almost see-through).

So yes, Bose is overpriced, sub-par, manufactured in less honorable ways, and marketed extremely well. But you won't hear that from ResLoser, any less that we are likely to hear anyone else knock their latest acquisition. And Yes, I love my new Polk Monitor 60's, so bring it on.

(OK, everyone, in an orderly fashion, single file, one at a time, starting with ResLoser...)

It seems as though my response...

...never "took" or was deleted or whatever so...

I have an older non-CD unit which cost me zip...nada...zilch...zero...won it in a free raffle from a local retailer(yeah, I know second prize was two of 'em)...works pretty good especially since I added a GPX portable CDP which cost $7.50(after mail-in rebate)...would I buy one?...dunno...5bux is a tough nut to crack and I'd rather have a DeWalt 12" compound-bevel, sliding miter saw for another $100...

I'm not defending the company or it's products and practices, they seem to have happy customers and fill whatever niche they apply themselves to...my main complaint is that it's just always open season on Bose...and some of those complaints seem steeped in ignorance...at least when I go off on a, er...shall we say bit of "audiophile" hoo-haa, I have the common decency to at least familiarize myself with the product so I can use the mfrs. own words and claims in my attempt to undermine it...most of the Bose bashing seems to be just so much sour grapes with little or no substance to back it up...

Sooo...as long as it's a public forum, people can say whatever they want, within reason of course, and I will respond as I see fit, particularly when I can impeach the credibility of of those simply making opinionated statements.

jimHJJ(...and so it goes...)

...how to approach this?...well, here goes...

"...Your limited experience seems to have left out the fact that clock radios and home theater systems are typically operated differently..."

Gee golly wilikers, no?...really?...fancy that!!!...having never seen the commercial and/or without any familiarity with the radio's said purpose, the only folks I have ever seen refer to it as a "clock radio"(with all that it infers) are the dyed-in-the-wool Bose bashers. If I may quote from the owners manual(available for your perusal @ the Bose website), in addition to a few other placement guidelines, advises:

"To enjoy maximum performance, place your Wave Music System across the room from where you will be listening"

Doesn't sound like the mfr. expects the unit to be viewed as a clock radio(in the traditional knock-over-the-lamp-and-phone-to-shut-the-d@mn-thing-off manner)...There isn't any room for it to be sitting on my nightstand, so it's up on the shelf, out of harms way...with controls that can only be reached with a step stool. Buttons, we don' need no stinkin' buttons...
    If they expect this thing to be placed across the room like an full size audio system, then they really need to poll more people who buy those things. I don't personally know anyone who listens to a Wave radio while sitting across the room. People I know who use those things use them as a desktop radio or as an alarm clock in their bedroom. If Bose had not intended for people to use it as an alarm clock, then why would they include the alarm function AND a snooze function? If they really intend for it to function solely as a music system, then why not eliminate the clock and alarm functions along with the buttons? My receiver and boom box don't have a clock or an alarm.

Who do you know of that uses a wireless remote for any device that's within arm's reach? If you think it's smart design for a device used in this manner to come with no buttons, then by all means enjoy yourself!

Every review of the old Wave radio I ever read referred to it as a clock radio or as a tabletop radio. I mean, after all that thing displayed the time on the front panel and had a bunch of buttons on the top of the unit, one of which was a snooze button. Gosh, Bose eliminates the buttons and instantly it's a "music system" and not a "clock radio"! Lots of semantics, but not a whole lotta substance. I guess everybody from the old Stereo Review to What Hi-Fi are all just Bose bashers because they dare to say "clock radio"!

The remote is the size of a credit card and about as thick as three to five of 'em...it's shape(thickness-wise)easily tells you which way is up, regardless of whatever shape you're in AND the position of the required button is pretty easy to remember after about the second or third use...of course, YMMV...AND it has hit the floor with no tragic consequences...plus no broken lamps, etc. As I said, as long as my wife puts it where it belongs, finding and using it doesn't really tax my abilities...face down in the pillow and such...
    Again, why even bother with a remote, when a button serves that function better from within arm's reach? Seems like designers gone amuck, and forgetting that form needs to follow function. If you feel the aesthetics trump the functionality, then you're obviously their target customer.

Well, I suppose...but, if you have holes big enough to drop the remote into, the size of the thing wouldn't be MY chief worry...with holes THAT big, I suppose another "possibility" is for a Venezuelan fruit bat to fly in and carry it off mistaking it for the odd block of guava paste...it could happen!!!...and I don't know about you, but I rarely use my shop vac with it's 4in. diameter hose to "tidy" the bedroom...or living room for that matter...

jimHJJ(...still seems like much ado about nothing...)
    Plenty of homes have the ventilation ducts running through the floor. I used to live in a place like that, and things that would fall into the vents included coins, keys, credit cards, watches, etc. A dinky remote would easily fit as well. If you got issues with Venezuelan fruit bats, then you should hire an exterminator.

Forum Regular
    ... I'm not defending the company or it's products and practices, they seem to have happy customers and fill whatever niche they apply themselves to...my main complaint is that it's just always open season on Bose...and some of those complaints seem steeped in ignorance...

... people can say whatever they want, within reason of course, and I will respond as I see fit, particularly when I can impeach the credibility of of those simply making opinionated statements.

Here's an "opinionated statement" for you. Contrary to what others feel about Bose and why they deserve to be unmercifully "bashed" - that their products are way overpriced, under-performers, my Bose-bashing has to do with their complete lack of business ethics and morals. To me, they epitomize the very worst aspect of American capitalism ... the dogged pursuit of maximum profits at the expense of everything and everyone else. The unscrupulous business practices that they employ are beneath contempt in my book ... they should eat sh!t and die!

So ... "Bose is Amazing"? They sure as hell are. Amazingly corrupt, that is.
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

I'm not defending the company or it's products and practices, they seem to have happy customers and fill whatever niche they apply themselves to...my main complaint is that it's just always open season on Bose...and some of those complaints seem steeped in ignorance...at least when I go off on a, er...shall we say bit of "audiophile" hoo-haa, I have the common decency to at least familiarize myself with the product so I can use the mfrs. own words and claims in my attempt to undermine it...most of the Bose bashing seems to be just so much sour grapes with little or no substance to back it up...
    Quite the contrary, you get a lot of Bose bashing on audio forums precisely because so many people HAVE first hand experience with Bose products and enough knowledge of what else is available in the market to assess how Bose stacks up against the competition. It's easy enough to find Bose products in stores, or listen to them when visiting other people's homes, so it's not like people chime in out of ignorance. Some of the most virulent posts I've seen come from people who have previously owned Bose products.

My own experience with the Wave radios has been through store demos, listening to them on a friend's kitchen counter, and at hotels (many of which use the Wave radios as bedside clocks). I've never trashed them for being a lousy product, because they're not. But, for $350 and now $500 for the new buttonless CD version, they simply offer poor value, especially compared to competing products I've heard like the Cambridge Soundworks radios (which BTW come with both a remote AND front panel buttons). Frankly, the reason why this thread came about is because Bose normally does very well with matching the form with the function for consumers. This new Wave radio just seems like an odd misstep from them, given that making things simple and functional is normally Bose's strength.

Personally, I've got no sour grapes because I've never bought anything from them (I did inherit a pair of 301s that I used as surround speakers for a couple of years). The sourest grapes I've seen have come from people who paid big bucks for a Lifestyle or Acoustimass system and later found that they need to buy a whole new system if they want to upgrade.

Sooo...as long as it's a public forum, people can say whatever they want, within reason of course, and I will respond as I see fit, particularly when I can impeach the credibility of of those simply making opinionated statements.

We're ALL making opinionated statements here. If your whole purpose for posting has to do with "impeaching" people's credibility, then I wonder what that has to do with the "common decency" that you talked about earlier.

Since you seem to be talking to me... I'll respond...

...never "took" or was deleted or whatever so...

I have an older non-CD unit which cost me zip...nada...zilch...zero...won it in a free raffle from a local retailer(yeah, I know second prize was two of 'em)...works pretty good especially since I added a GPX portable CDP which cost $7.50(after mail-in rebate)...would I buy one?...dunno...5bux is a tough nut to crack and I'd rather have a DeWalt 12" compound-bevel, sliding miter saw for another $100...

First of all I defy you to read my posts over the last 5 years I've been here and show me statements of "audiophile hoo-haa".

Second, I've plenty of experience with the Bose Wave Radio and other systems, mostly from trying to get the damn things fixed, particularly the Accoustimass system. There's a free "Fender Guitar" wave radio sitting in my basement that I got from my guitar player who owns a music store and got it and several other's as freebies. I don't use it because the boombox in the basement SOUNDS BETTER!!!!

doctorrazz Registered Member

Bose wave radio

QUOTE]
    I have had a bose radio since they first came out. The addition of a Cd to the face is a great ad on. The little remote I have never lost, velcro it somewhere. All in all it is a great little unit for bedroom, cottage etc. It has stood my test of time and torture. Razz

Again...

...and at the risk of repeating myself, my particular situation places the unit on a shelf that allows it to be situated as per placement guidelines...and it sounds quite good in the process. To reiterate what I have previously stated, if you just plunk it down any ol' place, performance will suffer and while it's not "across" it certainly is beyond "arm's reach"...just at a 90degree angle, not a 180...

Alarms and sooze? I recently purchased an Onkyo MC35TECH mini-system to play with, and it has alarms and timers of all sorts...it consists of a receiver and a three-disc CDP and two, reasonably accurate, bass-reflex loudspeakers...it's considered a stereo...does it outperform the Wave?...well, yes and no...obviously having two loudspeakers I can juggle, gives it a better image and sounstage, but...it's a bigger footprint which just won't fit were the Bose goes...and given the Wave's positioning, relative to my listening position, image isn't a problem...so it's a series of trade-offs...plug'n'play simplicity...I'm sure that comes into play more often than not...dorm rooms, small offices...folks who couldn't be bothered or are technically challenged...again aimed at a market, pure an simple...

And perhaps, in a rethink of their marketing strategy, the greedy, slimey, corrupt, world dominating gorilla, decided to remove the onus of "clock radio" by simply removing those buttons...furthermore once you integrate other functions(i.e. a CDP) it does become a "system" by the very definiton of the word...I mean they still sell a Wave Radio in addition to it...

As an addendum, they have this wonderful product available to help preclude dropping things into the monstrously gaping holes of floor vents...it's called screening...

jimHJJ(...yeah, that's the ticket...)
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 12-03-2004 at 08:59 AM. Reason: spellin' and punctuation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information