Wow! I haven't checked in here in quite a while. Looks like things have changed quite a bit. Very nice.

I was thinking about where I started in HT/audio and where I am now and was remembering where I got most of early education. This place is largely responsible for how I caught the bug.

Now I am by no means an expert, and I'm not playing with high-end gear (due to resources, not choice), but most of the people I know come to me for assistance/advice/whatever when it comes to A/V purchases.

I suppose I could say that the reason I have even a bit of knowledge is because I have more time than money and that time gets spent on great sites like this one. What I've tried to tell people is to check into places like this and do a little research on their own. Getting even a little bit of input, particularly from regular folks who either have the gear, or are looking to get the same stuff you are, is much more valuable than reading professional reviews, or even worse, product literature.

So what the hell is my point here....I can't remember. I was just so surprised by the changes here that it got me thinking about my journey in this hobby. I guess I could fish for a little input on future upgrades.....

Main system: I need a center to match my mains. I would like a basic 2 channel amp for the second zone so I can quit moving the same one between the living room and the basement every spring and fall. A good design for a DIY rack has been hard to decide on and seating that won't interfere with my mains is an issue as well.

Basement: Looking for a cheap receiver that'll give me a lower crossover point. Definately need a better center channel.

Ahhh it never ends. I love it.