Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Audiophiles beware, the other senses are more connected than you think.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post

But until you tell us what cables you use, and think everyone should use so we can try them for ourselves, we can do this all day, all month, all year.....
    Actually we will not do this much longer. I made a post similar to your post and we need answers or some will need to shut up.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 3db View Post
    Use any cables you want that make your system "look" good.
    I don't look at or see the cables. They are hidden behind the system. But as JM pointed out above, just more snide insults insinuating that I buy cables because they look good.

The $2k worth of Synergistic cables I have came with a my system in my sig (minus the Rotel) and I paid $300 for all that plus other pcs I sold. Cost me another $300 to fix the amp and retube the pre. Yeah thats right, I got close to $20K worth of gear for $300. By the way, I think the Synergistic cables are quite ugly, but they work.

You can make all the silly uneducated comments as to why I have what I have, but you have provided us with nothing but white papers, no personal experience. No recommended cables for us to try so we can prove to ourselves that what you use is indeed the best for all applications. If you can recommend your cheap cable for me to try against what I currently use, and it makes my system sound better or at least the same, I could sell my Synergistics and re-cable my whole house with what you use and still have money left over.

This same exact thing went on here 20 years ago with Mtrycraft, all talk but never mentioning what gear and cables the conclusions come from. I guess some people believe everything they read and have no need for personal experiences. Boring life and world that makes.
    JohnMichael and blackraven like this.

3db
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    In an earlier post someone asked you naysayers what cables you use. Still no answers but more insults. As those of us who are open to science we also know that science is progressing but yet can not answer all of our questions. I am open to the fact that there are not yet enough measures to quantify a cable like there are not enough to fully quantify a loudspeaker's sound quality.

So what cables are you using? What have you found that works in all systems? Oh and please tell us the cables you have tried that have helped you reach your opinions.
    I answered HiFi's question while you were posting your remarks. Since fiber optics, there hasn't been anything new in transmission line theory which , the same science principles that govern transmission of audio signals in cables and ICs.

My interconnects come from Radio Shack and my speaker wire comes from Philips sold at Walmart. They don't look pretty and are hidden from view but they get the job done. All of my friends who are impressed with Bose realize how junky Bose is when they hear my system. My other friends who are interested in audio and have systems of their own keep telling me how good my system sounds. I'm very happy with my system now that I've upgraded my sub a year ago.

Suspended
    Oh yeah, Bose is what we all compare our systems to. The true Measuring Stick of Audio. And they all sound better. Just about any mass market receiver sounds as good as a Bose system. Most cheaper speakers sound better than current Bose speakers.

You are comparing Caviar to Mrs Pauls Fish Sticks no matter what if your system is other than a Bose.

Suspended
    By the way, I use Radio Shack ICs between my bedroom tv and the ZVOX unit, but my main rig deserves a little better than that.

I answered HiFi's question while you were posting your remarks. Since fiber optics, there hasn't been anything new in transmission line theory which , the same science principles that govern transmission of audio signals in cables and ICs.

My interconnects come from Radio Shack and my speaker wire comes from Philips sold at Walmart. They don't look pretty and are hidden from view but they get the job done. All of my friends who are impressed with Bose realize how junky Bose is when they hear my system. My other friends who are interested in audio and have systems of their own keep telling me how good my system sounds. I'm very happy with my system now that I've upgraded my sub a year ago.

Good basic cables and very similar to what I started with and was available for my first serious system. My first system was a pair of Small Advents, a massive JVC receiver and a marble based Kenwood turntable. Did not need IC's and the store gave me a 10 ft. pair of bare ended 18 gauge speaker cables.

They satisfied me for awhile until I began to read about larger gauge cables having less resistance and some claiming better bass. My first specialty cable was from Hartley and it was an 8 gauge cable sold by the local audio shop. Then I began reading about the benefits of solid core cables and now I have all Audioquest. I have found improvements along the way. I am sure your system sounds good but if given the opportunity to try cables do not miss out on a chance that it could sound even better.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Actually we will not do this much longer. I made a post similar to your post and we need answers or some will need to shut up.
    IMO, This thread has become a "desultory polemic" and could be closed any time now.

3db
    Forum Regular
    I don't look at or see the cables. They are hidden behind the system. But as JM pointed out above, just more snide insults insinuating that I buy cables because they look good.
    You asked me what cables to buy and I answered your question. I never told you that you buy cables based on looks. WTF?

You can make all the silly uneducated comments as to why I have what I have, but you have provided us with nothing but white papers, no personal experience. No recommended cables for us to try so we can prove to ourselves that what you use is indeed the best for all applications. If you can recommend your cheap cable for me to try against what I currently use, and it makes my system sound better or at least the same, I could sell my Synergistics and re-cable my whole house with what you use and still have money left over.
    Again WTF? Where in this thread did I ever address specifically what you purchased and put down these specific purchases? I'm afraid you are the one getting personal.

This same exact thing went on here 20 years ago with Mtrycraft, all talk but never mentioning what gear and cables the conclusions come from. I guess some people believe everything they read and have no need for personal experiences. Boring life and world that makes.
    You're absolutely right. Life is better looking through rose colored glasses

Suspended

why would you imply to buy cables that 'Look' good if it was not a snide remark. otherwise the suggestion would have been a 'well constructed' cable.

We can read between the lines so no need to back pedal.

"Again WTF? Where in this thread did I ever address specifically what you purchased and put down these specific purchases? I'm afraid you are the one getting personal."

Again, you implied that I buy cables on how they "Look"

3db
    Forum Regular

why would you imply to buy cables that 'Look' good if it was not a snide remark. otherwise the suggestion would have been a 'well constructed' cable.

We can read between the lines so no need to back pedal.

"Again WTF? Where in this thread did I ever address specifically what you purchased and put down these specific purchases? I'm afraid you are the one getting personal."

Again, you implied that I buy cables on how they "Look"
    I'm afraid that the implied is all of your doing not mine. Instead of assuming an implication, why not simply just "what do you mean by that" instead of getting personal about things that are unclear to you. Assumptions are bad. asking for clarifications are good.

So why would I recommend buying cables that look good? Because I've of the mindset that cables/IC make no difference in the sound. That is why I recommend based on looks. Now do you understand where I'm coming from and how it does NOT relate to anything you have purchased?

Another cable thread ending up like all the others.
    Hyfi and Feanor like this.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information