Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mumblin to myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    That would be me sir. But don't worry, there's plenty more. There are several farmers among us. Take all ya like. But you do need to go get your base and return.
    The party is warming up.

Anybody know any Jethro Tull?
    Worf shakes his head mightily, he HATES it when a good bloodthirsty rage is defussed, quite nicely I might add, by libation and music. "Ras Clod Hippies!!!!" he mutters as he pulls his '68 Les Paul Recording Bass out of the closet and fires up the vintage Ampeg B-15.

"Ahm doin dis unda protest till I get's all me lambs breath back! Now, what key is dis here song in?"

Da Worfster

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    (kex - regrets ever jackin' this thread and fueling the blunt breathin firewater drinkin clowns that are likely to get him arrested just for being here, remarking on what a strange and pointless direction this thread has taken...then realizes despite the 6 jars of peanuts he's downed, he's still freakin' hungry...)

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Oh, yeahhh baby!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    ...fires up the vintage Ampeg B-15...
    ...the old flip-top in that nifty textured, blue-grey covering...Buddy of mine used to play his Farfisa Compact Combo through it...really a great amp...

jimHJJ(...it was '66 I think...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Probably...

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    (kex - regrets ever jackin' this thread...what a strange and pointless direction this thread has taken...)
    ...the best thing that could have happened to it...

jimHJJ(...IMHO...)

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...the best thing that could have happened to it...

jimHJJ(...IMHO...)
    Touche, RL, touche!

Howzabout...

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Anybody know any Jethro Tull?
    ...Hymn 43 or Locomotive Breath...key of E...

jimHJJ(...da-da-da daa da da...In the shuffling madness...)

...Hymn 43 or Locomotive Breath...key of E...

jimHJJ(...da-da-da daa da da...In the shuffling madness...)
    OK, Everybody ready? 1 and a 2 and hit it!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    JohnMichael perks up when the good tunes start and cheers the guys. Greatfully reaches for some of RL's cool beverage because the martinis and smoke have left the inside of his mouth feeling like cotton. JM has forgotten how quickly martinis can kick his butt. Apologizes to GMichael for the earlier rude gesture.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Walks outside, fires up the BBQ and lays some nice juicy sirloin steaks on the grill, the smoke wafts gleefully inside the party house and the drool starts drippin...

Steak anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by audio_dude
    Walks outside, fires up the BBQ and lays some nice juicy sirloin steaks on the grill, the smoke wafts gleefully inside the party house and the drool starts drippin...

Steak anyone?
    I'm here with plate in hand. Do you have one that's still pink inside? Got any home fries?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

LJ slowly comes to....

..... "what the"......the room is filled with people and music is hitting hard. He smells the Q and says "that's what I'm talkin' bout". Grabs a plate, enjoys the grub. Looks over and is baffled as to why Worf is wearing a pirate get up

yup, homefries and steaks for all!

(and maybe some aspirin for those of us with hangovers )

sniff sniff....do I smell steak on the grill?

...one eye pops open.... then the other. head turns in general direction of that heavenly smell. ..body drags itself up off the ground and follows nose to the origin of that delicious oderl... Grabs plate and waits for a mediun rare sample and looks for a fork and knife.

After being unsudssessful in hunt for utensils and wolfing it down in three bites, goes outside and roots around trunk of '68 Deville and roots around in trunk until he locates hidden bottle of Cardinal Mendoza Brandy.

Comes back inside, smiling, holding the bottle of brandy and a pitcher of warm water and asks where the snifters are.

That delicous smell of the Steaks hit's the nose and opens eyes. Still jet-lagged detaches Harmonica from lips and dives into the survival sack again and reveals to markw's amazement a bottle of Metaxa seven star brandy.
    Grabs a plate and scrambles outside and asks audiodude for a rare one. Enjoys the food and good company. Takes a seat on the porch and watches the sun rise. Life is good. Suddenly a thought. No coffee!!! "Anyone for a cup of mud?" Fills the Percolator and the smell of freshly brewed dark roast brazilian coffee fills the air.
    Yes life is good.
    Thinks-where are we anyway?
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Forum Regular
    - slowly wakes up - removes audioquest cable connector from ear.
    - thinks "hey, these things really DO sound different!"
    - stumbles into Bernd, who spills hot coffee on my leg
    - runs screaming to the water fountain but stopped by smell of cooking steak
    - steak juice on lips, walks up to RL and holding out hands, says "Hey, isn't that the guitar Jimmy Page used to play"?
    - is beat down by RL who engages the triangle choke without missing a lick on his LP
    - tries to tap out but passes out first
    - dreams of sneakily replacing E-Stat's JPS Lab cables with zipcord
    - E Stat hears difference immediately and slaps me unconscious.
    - enjoys another blissful unconsciousness in dream as well as real life....

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Enjoying an excellent medium rare steak and my compliments to the chef. All of a sudden flashes back to similar parties in college. Good smoke, drink, music, food and friends.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

ahh yer all likin my steaks, eh? now, whos going to get the coors and canadian?

Yo, didn't anyone

like the Mythbuster's video of the three speed diesel powered subwoofer? I thought it was inspired!

rw

LOL it was awesome, didn't one company have a 48" or something sub?

Beer Here!

The beer is here! I've got 4 kegs and 6 taps. Who's got the other 2 kegs? I'll set the first 4 up over in this corner. There's Heineken, Genus Extra Stout, Extra Stock Ale and Sam Adams. I think there are some cups in this room. HEY! Did anyone see this pool table in here? Who's ready to play?

Quote Originally Posted by audio_dude
    LOL it was awesome, didn't one company have a 48" or something sub?
    Well, the mythwoofer was 51" and produced 161 db at...get this... 16 hz!

rw

Forum Regular
    Well Ok I got one thing right ya'll have enjoyed this thread!

I should probably explain myself now that you all think some way of me although I'm not sure what that way is. So here's it I was way more wasted than all you before you all entered this thread. I was watching tv (mythbusters) no less and reading some BS that ppl think is true and being disgustipated I started this. Now it's time to get wasted again

Yessireee...

...the old flip-top in that nifty textured, blue-grey covering...Buddy of mine used to play his Farfisa Compact Combo through it...really a great amp...

jimHJJ(...it was '66 I think...)
    That's THE classic amp. Combine that with a Fender Precision bass , add the playing skills of James Jamerson and you've the combo that played on more Number One records than any in the history of recorded music. Simple as that. Beautiful amp.

Da Worfster

Oohhhhhh You Bastiche!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    ..... "what the"......the room is filled with people and music is hitting hard. He smells the Q and says "that's what I'm talkin' bout". Grabs a plate, enjoys the grub. Looks over and is baffled as to why Worf is wearing a pirate get up
    Pirate??? Moi!!! Never!!!! How darest you mistake my Manly Klingon Garb for Johnny Depp leftovers... Where's me Battleff!!! First they steal all my gange and smoke it up now theyr'e insultin' me!!!! Arrrrgh!!!!

BY THE BUBBLING BLODD OF KALESS!!!!

Urr, ahh.. woops. Wait till this tune is finished I'll deal with you in a minute!!!!

Da Worfster

Forum Regular

Glad to see you have a sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_IDT
    Well Ok I got one thing right ya'll have enjoyed this thread!

I should probably explain myself now that you all think some way of me although I'm not sure what that way is. So here's it I was way more wasted than all you before you all entered this thread. I was watching tv (mythbusters) no less and reading some BS that ppl think is true and being disgustipated I started this. Now it's time to get wasted again
    This thread got hijacked simply because we've done the myth-thing to death! Some folks around here have experienced some things personally that aren't supported by current science, some either have not or don't want to waste their time on something unproven. Neither side gives an inch. Nice try, though! And it certainly was fun!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go see my new best friend GMichael... you know... the guy with all the beer!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information