• 08-25-2006, 05:43 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Snatches a guitar and fingerpicks a dainty mazurka to add ambience to the already surreal scenery. Notes absence of malted beverages and markw's very considerable point and stares longingly at the door...

I missed Mark's comment. Was it inspiring?
  • 08-25-2006, 05:48 AM
    bobsticks
    I can only speak for myself, but as the only sober guy at the party it would be an issue. That's what I get for showin' up late...
  • 08-25-2006, 06:13 AM
    Bernd
    Smoke lifts and clears view. Sees GMichael and Bobsticks with guitars in hand ready for some jamming. Digs deep into his survival pack and reveals a Hohner Harmonica. Counts the other two in and we're off.
  • 08-25-2006, 07:58 AM
    Worf101
    Wow what a party...
    Worf kicks open the door, glowers angrily around the room and bellows..

"Which one ya Ras Clot, Bumba Clod thievin' Pirates dug up me gange!!!!!??? Me nah spend 8 months raisin dem up from seed for yar raggedy ass ta steal!!! Git ready ta meet ya maka cause I an I fixn' to cut ya troat!!!!" He pulls a machete from waist and marches forward menacingly.

Da Worfster
  • 08-25-2006, 08:00 AM
    bobsticks
    Breaks into "Grits Aint Groceries" and contemplates getting the powerchord to GMichael's Twin Reverb cryogenically treated. Tosses Bernd special harmonicaphile Blistex #78 Platinum Edition Lip Balm and Tone Conditioner while wistfully thinking of The Angel's Share until tripping over the prone forms of several AR members and crashing to the ground...
  • 08-25-2006, 08:04 AM
    audio_dude
    gets up, walks off for a few minutes and arrives with a full drum kit, sets it up and joins the jam session, gets many strange looks as to how in gods name he managed to do all this while still drunker than an ugly housewife
  • 08-25-2006, 08:10 AM
    Bernd
    Sees Da Worfster approaching fast and furious and tries to reassure him that there is a place for a Bass player left.
    Kindly accepts the balm from bobsticks. Ahhhhhh that sounds much better.

One and a two and a one.....

Bernd:5:
  • 08-25-2006, 08:18 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101
    Worf kicks open the door, glowers angrily around the room and bellows..

"Which one ya Ras Clot, Bumba Clod thievin' Pirates dug up me gange!!!!!??? Me nah spend 8 months raisin dem up from seed for yar raggedy ass ta steal!!! Git ready ta meet ya maka cause I an I fixn' to cut ya troat!!!!" He pulls a machete from waist and marches forward menacingly.

Da Worfster

That would be me sir. But don't worry, there's plenty more. There are several farmers among us. Take all ya like. But you do need to go get your base :5: and return.
    The party is warming up.:16: :23:

Anybody know any Jethro Tull?
  • 08-25-2006, 08:31 AM
    Resident Loser
    Asks Bernd...
    ...if it was Scottish or Norwegian...Pours another glass of Arnold Palmer's Peach-flavored Lemonade-Iced tea...offers, and is rebuffed with numerous howls of derisive laughter...Exits room and re-enters with a guitar case and battery-operated Pignose...plugs in the gold-top LP and when the blues jam ends, starts to play a finger-style version of Willie Nelson's Crazy...

jimHJJ(...seems appropriate...)
  • 08-25-2006, 08:43 AM
    Bernd
    Wecomes RL to the session and answers him that it is indeed scandinavian. Watches in awe as RLs fingers dance on the fret board.
    Having a look at Audiodude playing the intro to We will rock you.
    Beverages seem to run very low. Puts his hat on the floor and starts to Tap Dance for some beer money.
  • 08-25-2006, 09:44 AM
    Worf101
    Mumblin to myself.....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    That would be me sir. But don't worry, there's plenty more. There are several farmers among us. Take all ya like. But you do need to go get your base :5: and return.
    The party is warming up.:16: :23:

Worf shakes his head mightily, he HATES it when a good bloodthirsty rage is defussed, quite nicely I might add, by libation and music. "Ras Clod Hippies!!!!" he mutters as he pulls his '68 Les Paul Recording Bass out of the closet and fires up the vintage Ampeg B-15.

"Ahm doin dis unda protest till I get's all me lambs breath back! Now, what key is dis here song in?"

Da Worfster
  • 08-25-2006, 09:53 AM
    kexodusc
    (kex - regrets ever jackin' this thread and fueling the blunt breathin firewater drinkin clowns that are likely to get him arrested just for being here, remarking on what a strange and pointless direction this thread has taken...then realizes despite the 6 jars of peanuts he's downed, he's still freakin' hungry...)
  • 08-25-2006, 10:18 AM
    Resident Loser
    Oh, yeahhh baby!!!...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101
    ...fires up the vintage Ampeg B-15...

...the old flip-top in that nifty textured, blue-grey covering...Buddy of mine used to play his Farfisa Compact Combo through it...really a great amp...

jimHJJ(...it was '66 I think...)
  • 08-25-2006, 10:20 AM
    Resident Loser
    Probably...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kexodusc
    (kex - regrets ever jackin' this thread...what a strange and pointless direction this thread has taken...)

...the best thing that could have happened to it...

jimHJJ(...IMHO...)
  • 08-25-2006, 11:18 AM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...the best thing that could have happened to it...

jimHJJ(...IMHO...)

Touche, RL, touche!
  • 08-25-2006, 11:37 AM
    Resident Loser
    Howzabout...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael

...Hymn 43 or Locomotive Breath...key of E...

jimHJJ(...da-da-da daa da da...In the shuffling madness...)
  • 08-25-2006, 11:43 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

...Hymn 43 or Locomotive Breath...key of E...

jimHJJ(...da-da-da daa da da...In the shuffling madness...)

OK, Everybody ready? 1 and a 2 and hit it!:5:
  • 08-25-2006, 12:06 PM
    JohnMichael
    JohnMichael perks up when the good tunes start and cheers the guys. Greatfully reaches for some of RL's cool beverage because the martinis and smoke have left the inside of his mouth feeling like cotton. JM has forgotten how quickly martinis can kick his butt. Apologizes to GMichael for the earlier rude gesture.
  • 08-25-2006, 12:14 PM
    audio_dude
    Walks outside, fires up the BBQ and lays some nice juicy sirloin steaks on the grill, the smoke wafts gleefully inside the party house and the drool starts drippin...

Steak anyone?
  • 08-25-2006, 12:16 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by audio_dude
    Walks outside, fires up the BBQ and lays some nice juicy sirloin steaks on the grill, the smoke wafts gleefully inside the party house and the drool starts drippin...

Steak anyone?

I'm here with plate in hand. Do you have one that's still pink inside? Got any home fries?
  • 08-25-2006, 12:25 PM
    L.J.
    LJ slowly comes to....
    ..... "what the"......the room is filled with people and music is hitting hard. He smells the Q and says "that's what I'm talkin' bout". Grabs a plate, enjoys the grub. Looks over and is baffled as to why Worf is wearing a pirate get up :shocked:
  • 08-25-2006, 12:58 PM
    audio_dude
    yup, homefries and steaks for all!

(and maybe some aspirin for those of us with hangovers ;))
  • 08-25-2006, 02:37 PM
    markw
    sniff sniff....do I smell steak on the grill?
    ...one eye pops open.... then the other. head turns in general direction of that heavenly smell. ..body drags itself up off the ground and follows nose to the origin of that delicious oderl... Grabs plate and waits for a mediun rare sample and looks for a fork and knife.

After being unsudssessful in hunt for utensils and wolfing it down in three bites, goes outside and roots around trunk of '68 Deville and roots around in trunk until he locates hidden bottle of Cardinal Mendoza Brandy.

Comes back inside, smiling, holding the bottle of brandy and a pitcher of warm water and asks where the snifters are.
  • 08-26-2006, 01:01 AM
    Bernd
    That delicous smell of the Steaks hit's the nose and opens eyes. Still jet-lagged detaches Harmonica from lips and dives into the survival sack again and reveals to markw's amazement a bottle of Metaxa seven star brandy.
    Grabs a plate and scrambles outside and asks audiodude for a rare one. Enjoys the food and good company. Takes a seat on the porch and watches the sun rise. Life is good. Suddenly a thought. No coffee!!! "Anyone for a cup of mud?" Fills the Percolator and the smell of freshly brewed dark roast brazilian coffee fills the air.
    Yes life is good.
    Thinks-where are we anyway?
  • 08-26-2006, 06:00 AM
    musicoverall
    - slowly wakes up - removes audioquest cable connector from ear.
    - thinks "hey, these things really DO sound different!"
    - stumbles into Bernd, who spills hot coffee on my leg
    - runs screaming to the water fountain but stopped by smell of cooking steak
    - steak juice on lips, walks up to RL and holding out hands, says "Hey, isn't that the guitar Jimmy Page used to play"?
    - is beat down by RL who engages the triangle choke without missing a lick on his LP
    - tries to tap out but passes out first
    - dreams of sneakily replacing E-Stat's JPS Lab cables with zipcord
    - E Stat hears difference immediately and slaps me unconscious.
    - enjoys another blissful unconsciousness in dream as well as real life....
  • 08-26-2006, 07:33 AM
    JohnMichael
    Enjoying an excellent medium rare steak and my compliments to the chef. All of a sudden flashes back to similar parties in college. Good smoke, drink, music, food and friends.
  • 08-26-2006, 09:19 AM
    audio_dude
    ahh yer all likin my steaks, eh? now, whos going to get the coors and canadian?
  • 08-26-2006, 09:48 AM
    E-Stat
    Yo, didn't anyone
    like the Mythbuster's video of the three speed diesel powered subwoofer? I thought it was inspired!

rw
  • 08-26-2006, 05:59 PM
    audio_dude
    LOL it was awesome, didn't one company have a 48" or something sub?
  • 08-27-2006, 06:03 AM
    GMichael
    Beer Here!
    The beer is here! I've got 4 kegs and 6 taps. Who's got the other 2 kegs? I'll set the first 4 up over in this corner. There's Heineken, Genus Extra Stout, Extra Stock Ale and Sam Adams. I think there are some cups in this room. HEY! Did anyone see this pool table in here? Who's ready to play?
  • 08-27-2006, 06:12 AM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by audio_dude
    LOL it was awesome, didn't one company have a 48" or something sub?

Well, the mythwoofer was 51" and produced 161 db at...get this... 16 hz!

rw
  • 08-27-2006, 06:57 AM
    Mark_IDT
    Well Ok I got one thing right ya'll have enjoyed this thread!

I should probably explain myself now that you all think some way of me although I'm not sure what that way is. So here's it I was way more wasted than all you before you all entered this thread. I was watching tv (mythbusters) no less and reading some BS that ppl think is true and being disgustipated I started this. Now it's time to get wasted again:cornut:
  • 08-27-2006, 08:38 AM
    Worf101
    Yessireee...
    Quote:

...the old flip-top in that nifty textured, blue-grey covering...Buddy of mine used to play his Farfisa Compact Combo through it...really a great amp...

jimHJJ(...it was '66 I think...)

That's THE classic amp. Combine that with a Fender Precision bass , add the playing skills of James Jamerson and you've the combo that played on more Number One records than any in the history of recorded music. Simple as that. Beautiful amp.

Da Worfster
  • 08-27-2006, 08:42 AM
    Worf101
    Oohhhhhh You Bastiche!!!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by L.J.
    ..... "what the"......the room is filled with people and music is hitting hard. He smells the Q and says "that's what I'm talkin' bout". Grabs a plate, enjoys the grub. Looks over and is baffled as to why Worf is wearing a pirate get up :shocked:

Pirate??? Moi!!! Never!!!! How darest you mistake my Manly Klingon Garb for Johnny Depp leftovers... Where's me Battleff!!! First they steal all my gange and smoke it up now theyr'e insultin' me!!!! Arrrrgh!!!!

BY THE BUBBLING BLODD OF KALESS!!!!

Urr, ahh.. woops. Wait till this tune is finished I'll deal with you in a minute!!!!

Da Worfster
  • 08-27-2006, 08:49 AM
    musicoverall
    Glad to see you have a sense of humor!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_IDT
    Well Ok I got one thing right ya'll have enjoyed this thread!

I should probably explain myself now that you all think some way of me although I'm not sure what that way is. So here's it I was way more wasted than all you before you all entered this thread. I was watching tv (mythbusters) no less and reading some BS that ppl think is true and being disgustipated I started this. Now it's time to get wasted again:cornut:

This thread got hijacked simply because we've done the myth-thing to death! Some folks around here have experienced some things personally that aren't supported by current science, some either have not or don't want to waste their time on something unproven. Neither side gives an inch. Nice try, though! And it certainly was fun!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go see my new best friend GMichael... you know... the guy with all the beer! :D
  • 08-27-2006, 09:01 AM
    Bernd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by musicoverall

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go see my new best friend GMichael... you know... the guy with all the beer! :D

I am right behind you. Hey GMichael I have got the other two. One Pilsner Urquell and one Grolsch.
    Anyone knows where and when the next gathering of Audiofools will be?

Peace

Bernd:16:
  • 08-27-2006, 10:43 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernd
    I am right behind you. Hey GMichael I have got the other two. One Pilsner Urquell and one Grolsch.
    Anyone knows where and when the next gathering of Audiofools will be?

Peace

Bernd:16:

Here are the other 2 taps. You can put the extra foam in the big bucket on the end. Save it for me.
    Time to start some taste testing. I found these great 32 oz goblets. Here's one for you. There are plenty more in the billiard room. I'm thinking one mug of each beer/ale should be a good start for me. :biggrin5:
    Worf's Ganga is on the table by the coutch. The hawaiian is in the cabnet on the far end. The gold, red and sense are behind that. Knock yourself out anyway you like.
  • 08-27-2006, 02:28 PM
    audio_dude
    hey, beer!

runs outside yet again and returns with a funnel and a hose...

hooks it up to the heiny and shoves it down Gmicheals throat and yells "CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!!!"
  • 08-27-2006, 05:47 PM
    GMichael
    Glug glug cough' glug snort cough.. spirt glug gasp....glug glug......

cough cough.. everyon. cough snort.. look ou. spew.........................
  • 08-28-2006, 06:48 AM
    JohnMichael
    Whoa man, the party is still going strong. Just like the old days.:cornut: