• 03-10-2008, 10:53 AM
    markw
    Anyone else getting PM spam from Robin Banks?
    just wondering...
  • 03-10-2008, 10:56 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    This was happening to some people a couple of weeks ago. E-stat just today deleted a post this spammer put in a discussion in (I think) the Speakers section.
  • 03-10-2008, 11:26 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    I did Mark. I spammed them back with the how to get the Sir T cussout kit. What I do not understand is why folks get so upset when I sent them a kit.
  • 03-10-2008, 11:44 AM
    Woochifer
    Yup, got one this morning.
  • 03-10-2008, 11:46 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    I did Mark. I spammed them back with the how to get the Sir T cussout kit. What I do not understand is why folks get so upset when I sent them a kit.

Is that kit included with any of those HD-DVD closeout deals? I might need to get me one, if that's the case! :cornut:
  • 03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
    GMichael
    Not yet. Maybe I don't rate.
  • 03-10-2008, 12:12 PM
    noddin0ff
    yup. (extra characters)
  • 03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
    Ajani
    Yep... I've received the same Spam...
  • 03-10-2008, 12:32 PM
    basite
    got one 2 days ago...

can someone just ban the pr!ck?

please?

keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 03-10-2008, 12:51 PM
    JohnMichael
    Hello all. The ban is in place. Now one thing I would like to mention is this problem has been going on for awhile and it has happened to me on other sites. I did start a thread and made it a sticky in General Audio asking anyone who is spammed to forward it to me and I will ban the spammer. I am sure Robin will not be the last and most spammers will not spam a mod so please let me know when it happens. Thanks again.
  • 03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Hello all. The ban is in place. Now one thing I would like to mention is this problem has been going on for awhile and it has happened to me on other sites. I did start a thread and made it a sticky in General Audio asking anyone who is spammed to forward it to me and I will ban the spammer. I am sure Robin will not be the last and most spammers will not spam a mod so please let me know when it happens. Thanks again.

You have just ruined my oportunity to sell Robin an additional cussout kit. Now I am angry, are you going Toshiba on me here, trying to ruin my action?
  • 03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

You have just ruined my oportunity to sell Robin an additional cussout kit. Now I am angry, are you going Toshiba on me here, trying to ruin my action?

Let me check and see what her e-mail is and you can send it directly or I can release the ban when you are ready and ban her again after delivery. Always happy to help.
  • 03-10-2008, 01:29 PM
    Quote:

Let me check and see what her e-mail is and you can send it directly or I can release the ban when you are ready and ban her again after delivery. Always happy to help.

Thanks J, you are king amoung princes
  • 03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
    markw
    Ah yes, the "Attention Members" thread.
    Quote:

I did start a thread and made it a sticky in General Audio asking anyone who is spammed to forward it to me and I will ban the spammer. Thanks again.

And so you did. And, yes, I did read it back then but somehow the subject matter of that sticky thread didn't , uh... , stick. sorry...

Prerhaps you could rename it "Attention Members - PM Spam" so I, and/or other slow on the uptake regulars, might remember it's original intent?
  • 03-12-2008, 12:03 AM
    Les Adams
    Quote:

I need to know what this kit is and where to get one!
  • 03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
    markw
    Easy.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Adams
    I need to know what this kit is and where to get one!

Just send him a PM trying to sell him something. :)
  • 03-12-2008, 10:56 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markw
    Just send him a PM trying to sell him something. :)

I tried that. All he said was for me to stop playing around and get back to work.
    Serves me right for saying that to others so often.
    :skep: