Amp hookup....

Printable View

• 12-10-2006, 05:58 AM
    Dusty Chalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markw
    I don't think that's what he was saying. I think he was telling you how you could use that Gem amp, but not necessarily with the Onkyo.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Sorry if I got your hopes up.
  • 12-10-2006, 10:31 AM
    Rock789
    if you split the output of your cd player, you could run the signal to both the onkyo, and a preamp... this way you could run many speakers...

perhaps the tape out of the onkyo would work perfect for an input to the preamp, but don't quote me on that one...

"y-adapters" for rca wires are cheap at radio shack if you wanta try splitting the signal...
    you still need a preamp though...
  • 12-17-2006, 07:43 AM
    Morpheus77
    Update....
    Hey all! I'm now looking at a new Onkyo receiver for my set up. It has "line out" outputs. Would this work with my power amp? Here's a pic. Click on "photos" and look at a rear view. Thanks.

http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=...s=Receiver&p=i

Tommy
  • 12-17-2006, 08:04 AM
    Rock789
    looks nice,
    how does it sound ;o)
  • 12-17-2006, 07:41 PM
    Morpheus77
    I haven't yet got the receiver, that's why I posted a new post to see if the receiver I'm interested in will actually work.

Tommy
  • 12-17-2006, 08:33 PM
    Rock789
    Pre Outs
    Front L/R, Center -
    Surround L/R -
    Surround Back -
    Time Base Correction (TBC)
    Subwoofer

looks like it does not have what you need... but I may be reading the featuires section incorrectly
  • 12-17-2006, 08:59 PM
    Daedilus
    Make sure the Pre-outs are variable~~ IE: they rise and fall with the preamps volume...

also, don't wanna get too personal with this but how much are you looking at paying for the onkyo?.. dont get me wrong, i like onkyo as a good watts per dollar solution for some situations, but their preamp abilities are not on par with some others out there with similar price range, oh say a denon 1907 at 500 bucks or so...
  • 12-17-2006, 11:30 PM
    Morpheus77
    As far as my budget is concerned, probably no more than 7 or 800 at the very most. My question is not getting answered though. My question is, will "line out" outs work for an amp?? Thanks again.

Tommy
  • 12-18-2006, 04:15 AM
    Dusty Chalk
    Pre outs usually mean yes, they vary with the preamp portion of the receiver's volume, so it looks like it should do what you want it to.