Good Guys! stores not related to GoodGuys.com?

Interesting tidbit I just learned today:

Good Guys! retail stores are not affiliated with GoodGuys.com. The chain store and online retailer were started by the same guy but are completely independent of each other. Therefore you can't order it online and pick it up from the store nor can you return any merchandise that was purchased online to the stores. In fact, they carry different product lines.

I discovered this because Denon no longer lists GoodGuys as an authorized retailer so I called the store to see what's up. Apparently the retail stores are still very much into Denon but the online business is not. Interesting...

For those of you not familiar with GoodGuys! they are an upscale electronics chain, something like Tweeter, and carry Monitor, Anthony Gallo, Pinnacle, and even separates along with the normal mishmash (i.e. Denon, Yammie, Pioneer Elite, Klipsch, Polk, et. al.)

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Interesting tidbit I just learned today:

Good Guys! retail stores are not affiliated with GoodGuys.com. The chain store and online retailer were started by the same guy but are completely independent of each other. Therefore you can't order it online and pick it up from the store nor can you return any merchandise that was purchased online to the stores. In fact, they carry different product lines.

I discovered this because Denon no longer lists GoodGuys as an authorized retailer so I called the store to see what's up. Apparently the retail stores are still very much into Denon but the online business is not. Interesting...

For those of you not familiar with GoodGuys! they are an upscale electronics chain, something like Tweeter, and carry Monitor, Anthony Gallo, Pinnacle, and even separates along with the normal mishmash (i.e. Denon, Yammie, Pioneer Elite, Klipsch, Polk, et. al.)
    I know that they're separate companies, but I believe that they share a supply chain. Goodguys.com had been a Denon online vendor for a long time, but I just clicked on and don't see their products listed there anymore. A lot of the items that Good Guys stores carry aren't authorized for online sales anyway (i.e. Yamaha's RX-V series, Sony ES, Parasound, Pioneer Elite, Gallo Acoustics, Monitor Audio, etc.). It's mostly the mass market products that Good Guys sells online, rather than their specialty lines.

Thread Information