Forum Regular

acoustic profiles?

im looking to get a matching center speaker, but i cant find one. does anyone know if "acoustic profiles" is the actual name of the manufacturer, or is it something else? Here's the only name on the speaker. Oh yea, their also made in canada.

Forum Regular

company is gone to my knowledge

Acoustic Profiles was made in the Toronto area, I believe by Audiosphere Research. To my knowledge the company is toast. Too bad, because these Acoustic Profile speakers sounded damn good and garnered some favorable reviews. My friend has a pair of Acoustic Profiles towers with twin 8-inch woofers and a nice tweeter and they sound fabulous. I am waiting for him to sell them to me. I believe they made center channel speakers too, but this is going back to the mid-1990s latest. You might be able to find something used on eBay Canada. You might try e-mailing Andrew Marshall of Audio Ideas Guide. Do a Google search for Audio Ideas Guide. Andrew might know if one of the Acoustic Profiles designers is still around and if that person could recommend a suitable new center channel from another manufacturer if you can't find a used A.P. center channel. Good luck.

Forum Regular

thanks

thanks for the info dave! and your right these are great speakers. if these were made in the mid 90's they still look and sound perfect. i bought these from a friend for $300 and havent regreted it for one minute. good luck getting your hands on these, you'll love'em.

Thread Information