3 23.08%

5 38.46%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your Favorite Batmobiles

No character, fictional or real, has had more whips or hoopties than the Batman. I got to thinking so about all these rides and decided to pull a Smokey and give you "purty pitchers" and let you vote on your fave Batmobiles:

1. 1941 "Original Batmobile - Swoopy ain't it?

2. 1944 Update - Ah something new (color) has been added.

3. 1955 - Ah we've got fins!!!!

4. 1958 - Ah now we've got BIGGER Fins!!!

5. 1966 - "Turbines to speed!"

6. 1989 - Michael 'Effin Keaton??? Are you Chittin Me?

7. 1992 - Animated Batman series better than most of the movies!!!

8. 1995 - Almost as stupid as the film it's in!!!

9. 1997 - Almost as goofy and purile as the film that inspired it!!

10. 2005 - Ah "reality" sets in and a hero is reborn!!!!

Suspended
    2005 Batmobile, hands down (Ya can't beat modern technology right?). The '66 version gets runner up, and of course the '41 version gets the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    For me it's a tie between '66 and '89.

'66 because of the open top, dual bubble cockpits, and the fact it sorta looks like a classic Pontiac (GM baby!)

The '89 becaue it was years ahead of its time - that thing would STILL look modern, cool, and bad ass today.

And both have the distinctive Batman feel about them...decades apart. there's nothing batty about the 2005 model at all. Don't get me wrong, it's cool too, but lemme ask y'all this...
    If you saw that for the first time in your life, would you ever guess it was a Batmobile?

Not so with the others....

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    ...'66 because of the open top, dual bubble cockpits, and the fact it sorta looks like a classic Pontiac (GM baby!)
    The red pinstriping is just sooooo... sexy! And turbine driven boost capability.

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    The '89 becaue it was years ahead of its time - that thing would STILL look modern, cool, and bad ass today.
    The '89 does have a very sinister and stealthy look to it doesn't it? A mod I had done to my Formula was lowering springs, which IMO gives it that same type of look.

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    And both have the distinctive Batman feel about them...decades apart. there's nothing batty about the 2005 model at all. Don't get me wrong, it's cool too, but lemme ask y'all this...
    If you saw that for the first time in your life, would you ever guess it was a Batmobile?

Not so with the others....
    If you picture it within the context of the movies it's in, then it's a perfect fit IMO. Do the latest, dark, Batman flicks resemble any of the previous versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    The red pinstriping is just sooooo... sexy! And turbine driven boost capability.

The '89 does have a very sinister and stealthy look to it doesn't it? A mod I had done to my Formula was lowering springs, which IMO gives it that same type of look.

If you picture it within the context of the movies it's in, then it's a perfect fit IMO. Do the latest, dark, Batman flicks resemble any of the previous versions?
    It worked in the movies - but I wouldn't call it a batmobile. It was just a prototype, more "mobile" than "bat".
    If it had cool fins and was black - then we'd be talking....
    One other thing the other Batmobiles always had - they all looked like they could still pass as streetworthy cars, if not exotic, and less like oversized military vehicles.
    The 2005 model is technically superior, but its got no bat-character.

Hmmm....

Gotta give that round to Kex. The '05 is "neat" but it ain't "street". It evokes no emotion in me when I see it. I personally voted fro the 1944 model. Tail fin, red stripe accents and the slanted glowing eyes on the front. Enough to terrorize any criminal or errant Nazi spy!!!.

Da Worfster

Suspended
    You knuckleheads don't know class when you stumble over it.

I'll throw ya a bone here Rich, if you asked me which would win in a fight, I'd take the '05 Halo:Combat Evolved edition.

Suspended
    Yes, it's the Batmobile "Evolved" edition.

I like the 89 even though it just looks like a modified Corvette. A very sporty ride.
    That 2005 is great for demolitions, hopping streams, or maybe rock climbing, but it doesn't look like it could get over 100 mph without loosing control.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I went with the '89 version which reminds me of an ultra-exotic MacClaren or something. I'm diggin' it the most.

But, I can feel Rich on the 2005. I think it's in your perspective. When I think of Batmn I think Dark Knight, I think Frank Miller and Neal Adams, I think Raz al Gul standing over the prone Bats..."The Death of Batman". I don't have a problem with the more modern, moon probe Halo version.

I can understand too if one had come from the Bob Kane generation that those models would be more steeped in tradition, a Megachiropteran pomp and circumstance, as it were. I can't help but wonder if, upon ignition, the tailpipe doesn't spit out a massive PPOOOOOWWWW!!!!

Well Hoooo Doggies....

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Megachiropteran
    Now there's a word you don't see every day.

"Word make Mongo's brain hurt."

Da Worfster

Suspended
    Ugg... make RnT brain hurt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Now there's a word you don't see every day.

"Word make Mongo's brain hurt."

Da Worfster
    He does that a lot around here. Just cause he's so smart, he thinks he's so smart.

My head hurts.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Yeah, my favorite is "sesquipedalian" but I couldn't find a context in which it would work. Mebbe in a few years...

Good poll though. Sometimes you don't realize how ridiculous some of the Batmobiles have been until you see a still shot...'95 and '97?...how embarassin'...

Suspended
    In Spanish, sesquipedalian translates to sesquipedalian.

Pretty impressive huh?

Is this a reference to Bigfoot and the Creature from the Black Lagoon sharing a bicycle...?

I dunno....I just post here!

Well....

Another county heard from. My son, "los knuckleheados" likes the 44 and the '58, says both are scary and if they hit you, they'd gut you. First poll he ever contributed too. 24 hour ban on words over 5 syllables (sp) long.

Da Worfster

Unh Hunh...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Yeah, my favorite is "sesquipedalian" but I couldn't find a context in which it would work. Mebbe in a few years...

Good poll though. Sometimes you don't realize how ridiculous some of the Batmobiles have been until you see a still shot...'95 and '97?...how embarassin'...
    You sir get a cookie, what ridiculous rides. Just like the movies, they took the whips way over the top.

Da Worfster

Forum Regular
    I liked the really old batman movies from the 1950s (or was it late 1940s?) where he drove around in something that looked like an old Dodge DeSoto.
    All we are saying, is give peas a chance.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I had to vote for the 1966 Batmobile. I was glued to the TV during that series. I was young and took it all so seriously. Only later did I realize it was a spoof.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I'm diggin' the '89.

Suspended
    Thanks to L.J., the '89 just took the lead.

I wonder why Smokey and LDB haven't voted yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I had to vote for the 1966 Batmobile. I was glued to the TV during that series. I was young and took it all so seriously. Only later did I realize it was a spoof.
    Huh? A spoof?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's next? You going to tell me that Peter Rabbit was really just a cat with long ears and a chopped off tail?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I wonder why Smokey and LDB haven't voted yet?
    Day Room been closed for remodeling

I don’t know, but 2005 model look like something out of recent Transformer movie than a Batmobil. And have seen older Cadillac cars with larger fins than earlier Batmobils.

Personally voted for the 1944 model. As Worf said, “the Tail fin, red stripe accents and the slanted glowing eyes on the front. Enough to terrorize any criminal or errant Nazi spy!!!”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information