At the movies in October

I guess you can call upcoming october movies average.

Ranked by release date:

Gravity: Dr. Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney) are on a seemingly routine spacewalk when disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone.

Runner, Runner: Princeton grad student Richie, believing he’s been swindled, travels to Costa Rica to confront online gambling tycoon Ivan Block.

Machete Kills: Danny Trejo returns as ex-Federale agent Machete, who is recruited by the President of the United States for a mission which would be impossible for any mortal man.

Tad the Lost Explorer: Tad is a bored construction worker dreaming of a life of adventure until one day he is mistaken for a famous archeologist and his dreams comes true.

Captain Phillips: The true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the US-flagged MV Maersk Alabama, the first American cargo ship to be hijacked in two hundred years.

Big Ass Spider: A 50 foot tall alien spider escapes from a military lab and rampages the city of Los Angeles.

Escape Plan: Ray Breslin is the world's top authority on prison structural security, who finds himself having to put his skills to the test when he is framed for a crime and sent up to a prison he helped design.

Carrie: A sheltered high school girl unleashes her newly developed telekinetic powers after she is pushed too far by her peers.

All Is Lost: An open-water thriller about one man's battle for survival against the elements after his sailboat is destroyed at sea.

The Counselor: A lawyer finds himself in over his head when he gets involved in drug trafficking.

WTF!!!! Carrie? AGAIN???!!!!! Is there NO imagination left in that besotted hamlet????!!!!

Jeeze Louise!!!!

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    WTF!!!! Carrie? AGAIN???!!!!! Is there NO imagination left in that besotted hamlet????!!!!
    Welcome to Hollywood

The movie Escape Plan with Stallone and schwarzenegger might be interesting though. I like prison movies.

For me Gravity and Captain Phillips have some appeal but that's about it.

Unfortunately I don't get to the movie theatre very often these days so I don't know if I'll get to see even these.

Gravity has gotten rave reviews. I plan on seeing it at the end of the week along with Rush, Captain Philips and Machete (I have to see Sophia Vegara the sexiest woman on the planet right now, she has it all, looks, body, killer smile, accent and funny as can be).
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Thanks Feanor

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    I plan on seeing it at the end of the week along with Rush, Captain Philips and Machete (I have to see Sophia Vegara the sexiest woman on the planet right now, she has it all, looks, body, killer smile, accent and funny as can be).
    The first Machete was kind of over the top with violence. Most of Rodriguez movies who also directed this film seem to follow same formula of style over substance with violence as under tone. I'm guessing the new Machete will follow the same suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    The first Machete was kind of over the top with violence. Most of Rodriguez movies who also directed this film seem to follow same formula of style over substance with violence as under tone. I'm guessing the new Machete will follow the same suit.
    I am usually not so big a fan of violent movies like these but I found the last one funny if not socially unacceptable. My son wants to see it and we usually go to the movies together.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    My son wants to see it and we usually go to the movies together.
    I'm guessing your son is also a Sophia Vegara fan

Thread Information