Forum Regular

What great films aren't available on home video?

Has this topic already come up?

We're in a great age as far as the availability of films of any age and any fame on home media, but there are still a stubborn few that haven't made it. More than once I've had the experience of reading about a film I'd love to see or remembering fragments of something I'd like to watch again and then finding that it's only available as a $100 bootleg on Amazon. I just watched the great Watchmaker reissue of The Whole Shootin' Match and was ready to seek out Eagle Pennell's follow-up, Last Night at the Alamo, but... nope. Doesn't exist in any format.

What other titles leap to mind? Do you have a "holy grail" that you're waiting on to finally be released?

-Coop
    Last edited by Gerald Cooperberg; 09-03-2009 at 07:16 AM.

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Cooperberg
    Has this topic already come up?

We're in a great age as far as the availability of films of any age and any fame on home media, but there are still a stubborn few that haven't made it. More than once I've had the experience of reading about a film I'd love to see or remembering fragments of something I'd like to watch again and then finding that it's only available as a $100 bootleg on Amazon. I just watched the great Watchmaker reissue of The Whole Shootin' Match and was ready to seek out Eagle Pennell's follow-up, Last Night at the Alamo, but... nope. Doesn't exist in any format.

What other titles leap to mind? Do you have a "holy grail" that you're waiting on to finally be released?

-Coop
    well... it's not exactly "great" other than my own nostalgia factor and personal like for the movie, but i've only found Fortress on vhs and the dvd i have is a burned copy of the vhs on the dvd, which is a horrible transfer at that. (the movie from Australia, not the christopher there-can-be-only-one lambert movie with the same name)
    /create

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I've had trouble finding Eddie Murphy Delirious.

Thread Information