Martial art film IP Man

IP Man (it is pronounced Yip Man) is a 2008 Hong Kong film depicting life of Bruce Lee’s martial art master. But the core of fil is Chinese going against the Japanese to show off who got the better martial art skill.

Recently got a chance to watch this film, and it is fair to say that is one of best martial art I seen in terms of fight scenes.

There are no high flying wire jump or unbelievable stunts. It is hand to hand combat and chorography of film scenes are top notch. Donnie Yen portray Ip Man and does an excellent job not only in dramatic scenes, but also in action scenes.

Highly recommended

I caught this on Netflix a couple of years ago. It was an excellent film. Don't bother with the sequel though. The story of this martial arts master has been done and redone about a 100 times over the years. This is hands down the best version.

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    I caught this on Netflix a couple of years ago. It was an excellent film. Don't bother with the sequel though.
    Have not seen the sequel, so thanks for warning

I am surprise Donnie Yen is not as well known in this side of Atlantic as Jackie Chan or Jet Li. He is an excellent actor with moves to match.

Thread Information