Forum Regular

Unrated Dukes of Hazzard Warning

So, it wasn't the brightest show to ever grace the small screen, but The Dukes of Hazzard occupied my attention Friday nights as a child. Action, easy to follow stories, likeable characters (Daisy Duke being the most likeable to my pre-adolescent eyes), and of course, the famous Dodge Charger known as General Lee.
    The movie, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. I got the unrated version of the film because that's the only way to get a widescreen presentation. As a guy, I got no problem with t&a and potty humor, and there's an awful lot of it in this particular incarnation of the Duke boys' adventures. The problem is, it's not that funny. The car scenes are pretty impressive, as well as Jessica Simpson in her short-shorts. I'm still not convinced a body double wasn't used for some of the scenes, watch closely.
    Gotta cut this short. Just letting you know. If you don't watch Old School, Road Trip, etc. with your kids, you won't wanna watch this...

Forum Regular
    Just to sum up from the last post. If you're a fan of the series, you're likely to dislike the film. If you're a fan of goofy comedies, and are unfamiliar with the series, you may like it a little. As in the tv show, the General is the most redeeming factor of the flick. Unfortunately, that's not enough to make it tolerable for 90 minutes. This is a Broken Lizard production, and it's closer to Club Dread than Super Troopers. I'd be interested to know what ya'll think.

Sorry, I didn't even give this one a chance. Just the previews alone makes me wanna change the channel. I did watch the TV series as a child, but not even JS in short-shorts is gonna get me to watch this one.

Forum Regular
    L.J., you're not gonna miss anything. By the way, you putting aside some holiday time for the extended LOTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Defshep
    L.J., you're not gonna miss anything. By the way, you putting aside some holiday time for the extended LOTR?
    I'm about 2 hrs into Fellowship of the Ring. I'm not too happy about the splitting it up stuff, but I don't have much of a choice, unless I use headphones. At the rate I'm going it'll take about 3 weeks to finish it.

The soundtrack so far is excellent. Everything I expected.

I'll probably never be able to get rid of the theatrical version though. Saw it on sale at Costco for about $20. O well, I believe it was worth it to lose a little bit of money. I'll be kicking myself about that one for awhile.

Forum Regular
    Knew you wouldn't be disappointed!

The Dukes ROCK!!!!

I loved that movie so much. No brais, but tons of fun. Kick ass cars, hot babes and good humor.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Thread Information