View Poll Results: Crossover Battles You'd pay money to see!!

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Borg vs. Cylons - Both half human half machine amalgams at war with their human halves.

0 0%
  • StarFleet vs. Colonial Fleet - Missles vs. Phasors and Torpedos Hmmm might be tasty.

0 0%
  • Justice League vs. X-Men - Another dust-up worth the moola.

1 16.67%
  • Vin Diesel vs. The Rock - or Riddick vs. Rundown Kid - This would be fun!!!!

0 0%
  • "V" vs. The Batman - Two brooding man monster's on a quest for vengeance!!

0 0%
  • Sayid vs. Sawyer - Okay this ones for F.A. and yes they'd both be nekid and coveredin in oil..

1 16.67%
  • Superman vs. The Terminator - How much poundin' can the man of steel take.

0 0%
  • Star Fleet vs. The Empire - Starships vs. Superstar Destroyers

3 50.00%
  • Elektra vs. The Bride - Sword to sword, no clothes either.

1 16.67%
  • Ben vs. Hitler - Who smarmier and more evil?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cross over Battles you'd love to see.

I wrote a response to a thread of JSE's that got me thinkin' about mythical battles I'd love to see. Groups or folks I'd pay good money to see fight though we know they never will. Here's some you can vote on but feel free to "roll your own".

Da Worfster

Here's some others... I didn't have room for...

Bill and Ted vs. Cheech and Chong - Bongs at 20 paces!

Harry Potter vs. Luke Skywalker - Sorcery vs. Da Force

Conan the Barbarian vs. Titus Pullo - Hooo Boy that's a dustup for the ages!!!

Cartman vs. Family Guy - Who's more self centered and gross?

Keep em comin'.

Da Worfster

I always wanted to see The dominion from DS9 meet up with the Borg from V'ger. This one should have happened. The Borg chasing Jane-way all the way back to Alpha to find the Federation loosing to the Dominion. We will assimilate your shape shifting arses.

The replicators meet the Wraith.

Dr, Who meets The knights who say ....... (what's that average velocity of a maiden African sparrow in flight?

Worf meets the original crew of "Earth Girls are Easy."

Darth Vador meets X-men.

"Heros" shows up on the island of "Lost."
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

KAM's wives take on Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston.
    The planet killer from Star Treck takes on the Death Star.
    Q from STTNG takes on The Ancients.
    The Last Star Fighter meets GALAXY QUEST.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

The incredible shrinking man meets the 50 foot woman.
    Men in Black meets Serenity.
    War of the worls meets Matrix.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    How about:

Dexter vs. Grissom from CSI? Both forensic/crime scene experts - meticulous, calculated, fearless...one is also psychopathic serial killer, but that's besides the point...

Pauley Walnuts vs Mr. Pink - these guys would annoy the hell outta each other with stupid BS stories before the first punch was thrown..

Tony from "Who's the Boss" vs. Sam from "cheers" - battle of the mid 1980's ex-pro baseball player sitcom characters. Loser gets their head piece torn off.

Maximus Decimus Meridias vs. King Leonidas - a blood bath that would make even our Klingon friend turn away in revolt...

Hannibal Lector vs. Jigsaw - don't hunt what you can't killl...

And my personal dream match:
    Pinhead and the Cenobites vs Mola Ram and the Thuggee Cult - torture demons vs voodoo worlocks...some weird **** there.....

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Don't quite...

...recall where this was first brought to my attention (one of those senior moments) but howzabout this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXeHyqlXhWY

There are some others involving Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica...

jimHJJ(...may the schwartz be with you...)

ADDENDUM: There seems to be a whole slew of such parody pairings...all the way from Lego Space battles to Monty Python's King Arthur vs. a young Darth Vader...LMAO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leEsz...elated&search=
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 05-25-2007 at 07:35 AM.
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Lorena Bobbitt meets Amy Fisher.

I want to see pirates fight aliens. Or a western with aliens. Why hasn't this been done?

I DO NOT want to see characters I have seen before. We so desperately need to create new mythology in this society!

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    I want to see pirates fight aliens. Or a western with aliens. Why hasn't this been done?

I DO NOT want to see characters I have seen before. We so desperately need to create new mythology in this society!
    Firefly is a western in outer space. Does that count?
    The critics called the original Star Trek a western with aliens back in the 60's. (or did they say, cowboys and indians in space?)

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Firefly is a western in outer space. Does that count?
    The critics called the original Star Trek a western with aliens back in the 60's. (or did they say, cowboys and indians in space?)
    No, I mean a real western. that takes place in 1880 in the American West. Invaded by aliens. Aliens we have never seen before.

You know, something different.

No, I mean a real western. that takes place in 1880 in the American West. Invaded by aliens. Aliens we have never seen before.

You know, something different.
    Like John Wayne meets the bug blatterus beasts of troll?

FIRE AT WILL!

Poor Will.

Edit: 12 posts, still no votes. Sorry Worf. What was that one for FA? Mark me down for that.

Kam

there are 3 words (one repeated) why this hasn't been done again, because hollywood is very risk averse, the horrible movie made it clear, at least in the minds of hollywood ceo's that westerns and aliens don't mix well with the public. what they don't realize is that they DO mix, what doesn't mix well with the public is a piece of crap movie. oh yeah... those 3 words...
    wild wild west.
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    there are 3 words (one repeated) why this hasn't been done again, because hollywood is very risk averse, the horrible movie made it clear, at least in the minds of hollywood ceo's that westerns and aliens don't mix well with the public. what they don't realize is that they DO mix, what doesn't mix well with the public is a piece of crap movie. oh yeah... those 3 words...
    wild wild west.
    Hadn't considered Wild Wild West, but the tone is still not what I'm after. WWW was too comedic, too contemporary.

How about a cross between Deadwood and Invasion from the Bodysnatchers directed by Tarantino Or Pirates of the Carribean crossed with the Day the Earth Stood Still directed by David Lynch? Get where I'm coming from?

What about the campy movie OBLIVION (1994)?

The movie WESTWORLD always appealed to me as it was Sci-Fi Westernish.

You ever see TAMMY AND THE T-REX???

Kam
    Hadn't considered Wild Wild West, but the tone is still not what I'm after. WWW was too comedic, too contemporary.

How about a cross between Deadwood and Invasion from the Bodysnatchers directed by Tarantino Or Pirates of the Carribean crossed with the Day the Earth Stood Still directed by David Lynch? Get where I'm coming from?
    you're preaching to the choir troy, i'd love to see it too... but... given the spectacular failure of WWW and the unfortunate (nearly deliberate) failure of Firefly, i don't think you'll see a big budget scifi western around. Although... given your choice of director, seeing as tarantino is not in the DGA, i'd like to see him and rodriguez have their take on that.

actually if they did ala dusk till dawn, where they split the duties maybe, again, have tarantino set it up... a wild west bank heist that seems to be all A-ok only to have... aliens ambush our 'heroes' whereby rodriguez takes over and there's hell to pay.
    /create

Sigh....

This is one poll I thought would really have some juice. Guess I was wrong. I figured I'd give all you folks a chance for your dream match-ups. Well I'll keep pluggin' away.

Da Worfster

Suspended

"I'm Batman"

Didn't realize 'til after I voted that this was an ongoing thread...

I voted for Electra vs The Bride when I read "no clothes either".

My dream matchup though would be Batman vs Spiderman. Batman wins of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Didn't realize 'til after I voted that this was an ongoing thread...

I voted for Electra vs The Bride when I read "no clothes either".

My dream matchup though would be Batman vs Spiderman. Batman wins of course.
    No way! Spidy would wrap him up in a few seconds.

Suspended
    No. The Batmobile would squish Spiderman!!! That thing is baaaaada$$$$$$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    No. The Batmobile would squish Spiderman!!! That thing is baaaaada$$$$$$$!

Spidy would just side step him till he got out of that car/tank. Then it's cocoon city baby.

Suspended
    GM. Just as toads eat spiders, so too do bats eat spiders. It's the natural order of things; the way mother nature intended it and you can't change that!

Thank you please drive through...

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    This is one poll I thought would really have some juice. Guess I was wrong. I figured I'd give all you folks a chance for your dream match-ups. Well I'll keep pluggin' away.

Da Worfster
    Hey Worfsta,

There may have been opportunities for "juice enhancement". Just MHO, but I was at best passively interested in most of the pre-chosen entrants of the poll. Maybe JLA v. X-Men for the special effects...

And in the case of the last selection I didn't understand it. Who's the "Ben" that's takin' on Hitler? Ben Affleck? Ben Yahuda? Benjie Franklin?

I'll tell ya what I'd like to see: Lechter versus Sherlock Holmes, and since Basil Rathbone isn't available maybe Jeremy Irons filling the role. If you think Holmes' fencing and mastery of the violin is outclassed by Hannibal's sheer psychotic ferocity, how's about Goldberg as Watson for a touch of comedic relief and sheer physical brutality.

Peace

PS. Sorry GM, Batz pummels Spidey into arachnid pulp

Suspended
    Ben was the rat in the movie...?

Williard!

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Spidy would just side step him till he got out of that car/tank. Then it's cocoon city baby.
    if Batman can beat Superman.....
    /create

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information