• 06-27-2010, 09:37 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    A-Team, what a freakin surprise!!!
    My two best friends wanted to see Toy Story 3(I have already seen it twice), so we woke up early and decided to head to our local AMC theater(the best by far in the area). When we got there we were surprised that all of the morning shows were sold out. Not wanted to waste the gas, we looked for a show that would begin shortly so we didn't have to wait around for a long time. The only show that was playing soon was A Team. Now, one of the last things on this planet I wanted to do is see a tired busted old retread from the 80's. I was out voted....damn

To my surprise this movie was off the chain. It was funny as hell, well acted, had great action, and not a dead spot during the entire movie. Bradly Cooper had Mr. T down, but what struck me about this movie was the balance of the characters. Everyone played a big role and contributed very well, nobody was a big showman. We laughed hard at this movie, but where excited by it as well. I know Roger Ebert hated it, but I never trust the opinions of critics..ever!

The most disappointing thing is we were the only people in this theater watching this movie. Yep, just three people. I know it was an early morning show, but this movie should do better than that. One thing is for sure, this movie was far better than that dreck Clash of the Titians which took me a week to wash the stinch off my body after watching it. I hope this movie has legs, as it would be a shame if it does not do well.

The critics gave it a C-, but I give it a A-. All three of us really enjoyed it.
  • 06-27-2010, 10:02 AM
    bobsticks
    I'd been planning on seeing this if only for the Rampage spots...good to know that I won't be totally wasting my time.
  • 06-27-2010, 04:11 PM
    Mr Peabody
    You are the second person I heard this from so maybe if the theaters are patient this movie will gain some traction.
  • 06-28-2010, 04:54 AM
    Worf101
    Funny.....
    I heard good things on this flick as well. I was thinking of seeing it on the Big Screen muhself. Thanks for the in-house review.

Worf
  • 06-28-2010, 05:17 AM
    GMichael
    I keep hearing good things about this flic. With very little to live up to, they seem to have taken it to a new level. Can't wait to see it myself.
  • 06-29-2010, 08:03 AM
    3LB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    With very little to live up to, they seem to have taken it to a new level.

I think this statement sums it up. It ain't like they're flirting with classic cinema or TV...this isn't the same as tackling an iconic show like Star Trek for example. The original A-Team show is iconic for all the wrong reasons. I'm not shocked anyone finds this show entertaing. I could see this formula working for any number like-minded TV shows like Black Sheep Squadron, CHiPs, etc (weren't these all Rosner productions?). I'll go if I have to, but will prolly end up waiting until it shows up on DVD.
  • 06-29-2010, 03:15 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LB
    I think this statement sums it up. It ain't like they're flirting with classic cinema or TV...this isn't the same as tackling an iconic show like Star Trek for example. The original A-Team show is iconic for all the wrong reasons. I'm not shocked anyone finds this show entertaing. I could see this formula working for any number like-minded TV shows like Black Sheep Squadron, CHiPs, etc (weren't these all Rosner productions?). I'll go if I have to, but will prolly end up waiting until it shows up on DVD.

To your last statement, I don't think so. While this movie was not art, and wasn't dreck either. It was exactly what movies are supposed to be, entertaining. It was a hell of a lot more sophisticated than the television show, of much higher quality, more clever, better acted, and far better written than the old television show. I never really liked the television show, but I sure loved this movie. It did everything it was supposed to do - it highly entertained me and my two friends for 2 hours.

This is a Stephen Cannell production, not Rosner.
  • 06-29-2010, 05:59 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    THAT is AWESOME!!!
  • 06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
    atomicAdam
    well STtT - i think you sold me - will go check out it out. loved it as a kid, can't go wrong at this point.
  • 06-30-2010, 02:30 PM
    RGA
    I will try and see it. I liked the A-Team tv show mainly because of Murdoch (played by LT. Barclay of Star Trek TNG. He was the best actor of the original series. Of course it was a stupid TV show but I was something like 10 when I watched it. It along with the Dukes of Hazard were my favorite shows as a kid. Behind Dr. Who of course.

"I pity the fool" who doesn't see this movie. :-) Liam Neeson is no hack either. I'm sure he loves it when a plan comes together.

And I agree - Clash of the Titans was pretty horrible - such a good cast and not a bad original movie to go off of and it just seemed so passionless and charmless. Uggh. The problem is I think they have video game directors these days making movies. Where are the craftsmen and artisans and people who care about things like character and plot.
  • 06-30-2010, 06:13 PM
    Smokey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    I love the way her legs go all the way up and make a perfect a$$ of themselves.

You guys need to get out more often :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGA
    I liked the A-Team tv show mainly because of Murdoch (played by LT. Barclay of Star Trek TNG). He was the best actor of the original series.

I always thought that the leader Goerge Peppard was best actor of original series since Murdoch (played by Dwight Schultz) was pretty much unknown back then. But it is universally agreed that Mr T was star of the show :)
  • 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM
    bobsticks
    Smokester...

There's plenty of films that would be worthy of a heady, thespian discussion...this is The A-Team we're talkembout...c'mon mang, there's bootay to behold. No unnecessary talk of artistic endeavour please...

Gracias,

Sticks
  • 06-30-2010, 06:54 PM
    Smokey
    Well Sticks, all I wanted to do was stay on the subject.

But if you want to take the scenic route, here you go....

• 06-30-2010, 07:12 PM
    bobsticks
    Lolz...nice work.

i agree with you that B.A. was always the star of the show...part of the reason that I was glad to see Rampage sign on.
  • 07-01-2010, 12:41 AM
    filecat13
    This is looking more like the T&A-Team. :arf:

Not that I'm complaining...
  • 07-01-2010, 03:55 AM
    Tarheel_
    Based on Sir TT's recommendation i took a stab last night...

very entertaining movie. There were a few laughs and enjoyed the action. The story was smart.

Great overall pace for a 2 hour film. Acting was not over the top...well done by all.

Night wasn't totally perfect as the popcorn sucked and the volume was too low.