"Snowpiercer"

Printable View

• 12-26-2014, 10:29 AM
    Worf101
    "Snowpiercer"
    "Snowpiercer" - Solid B - An interesting movie that surprised me at EVERY turn. Just when you thought it was heading in one predictable direction it would suddenly take a twist and not just for twists sake either. I did not read the Graphic Novels on which it was based but I think I will now. Welll done.

Worf
  • 12-30-2014, 09:59 AM
    Hairsonfire
    Worf - I just could not get into this movie and I tried three different times. The first time it was about fifteen minutes in and I just could not suspend disbelief. However, it was very highly regarded and received excellent reviews on Rotten Tomatoes so I tried twice more . . . nope - even made it halfway and just could not make it happen. Sort of like the Transformer movies - just can't! Oh well.
  • 12-31-2014, 04:37 PM
    Worf101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairsonfire View Post
    Worf - I just could not get into this movie and I tried three different times. The first time it was about fifteen minutes in and I just could not suspend disbelief. However, it was very highly regarded and received excellent reviews on Rotten Tomatoes so I tried twice more . . . nope - even made it halfway and just could not make it happen. Sort of like the Transformer movies - just can't! Oh well.

Well as Daddy used to say....

Nuthin' beats a failure but a good try!"

Worf
  • 01-06-2015, 11:54 AM
    noddin0ff
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    Well as Daddy used to say....

Nuthin' beats a failure but a good try!"

Worf

I like that. Gonna have to try it on my kid.
  • 01-07-2015, 06:03 AM
    bfalls
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairsonfire View Post

I agree about the substance of Transformers, but you have to love the sound. Saw the last on Blu-Ray/Atmos but on a 7.1 system. My sub has never worked so hard, but it was good quality not just bass. Good balance, good effects, interesting content (sound content). Mark Walberg's character was definitely superficial.