View Poll Results: Should Worf post more of his clever, witty, yet thought provoking movie polls?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 92.31%
  • No

1 7.69%
    Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

Should Worf bring back his clever movie polls?

Been a little stale around this here forum lately.
    I miss reading Worf's clever movie polls...he was on a roll for awhile, and then mysteriously stopped. Anyone else wish he'd bring'em back?

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Well I know I have been reviewing older DVD titles for all you guys in here, but when I get my hands on a new release, I will most certainly review it as I did with CONSTANTINE; there are other members who have said they enjoy reading the older reviews of older titles actually anyway and have told me to "keep up the good work"; I hope I am not contributing to your reference of the forum losing its freshness......thats certainly not my intention; in fact, I thought the reviews would bring some life back to the forums, as its doing on a few other sites I am the DVD reviewer for.....these other sites have told me my reviews are breathing new interest in the sites and generating much more activity; I was hoping that would happen here too.

I will review "newer" titles as the come across my desk, if thats what you would rather as opposed to the older titles, which Im doing raw DVD specificaton reviews mostly for; we can even suggest to administration that perhaps a SEPARATE forum be setup just for disc reviews so people can just go in there to read them if they want and instead keep this forum open just for cinema discussions in general.

Yes, yes he should.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexmark3200
    Well I know I have been reviewing older DVD titles for all you guys in here, but when I get my hands on a new release, I will most certainly review it as I did with CONSTANTINE; there are other members who have said they enjoy reading the older reviews of older titles actually anyway and have told me to "keep up the good work"; I hope I am not contributing to your reference of the forum losing its freshness......thats certainly not my intention; in fact, I thought the reviews would bring some life back to the forums, as its doing on a few other sites I am the DVD reviewer for.....these other sites have told me my reviews are breathing new interest in the sites and generating much more activity; I was hoping that would happen here too.

I will review "newer" titles as the come across my desk, if thats what you would rather as opposed to the older titles, which Im doing raw DVD specificaton reviews mostly for; we can even suggest to administration that perhaps a SEPARATE forum be setup just for disc reviews so people can just go in there to read them if they want and instead keep this forum open just for cinema discussions in general.
    I for one, don't mind your reviews, but there were just so many of them so quickly. Most of your reviews are pretty good reads, but I don't find myself needing to respond very often because you've said everything. Worf's polls were good for the forum because they made eveyone who posted have to think a little bit. The creativity kept it fresh.
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Angry I voted no....

Why, cause I'm an eeeediot!!! Actually I'm trying to be a leetle more selective with my polls, I was leaving out some obvious choices so I want to make them a little better informed before making any other ones. But I what just coming out with another today and your poll nudged me in the ribs real good. It's nice to thought of as "part of the gang". I appreciate that to no end...

Thanks for the love...

Da Worfster

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Why, cause I'm an eeeediot!!! Actually I'm trying to be a leetle more selective with my polls, I was leaving out some obvious choices so I want to make them a little better informed before making any other ones. But I what just coming out with another today and your poll nudged me in the ribs real good. It's nice to thought of as "part of the gang". I appreciate that to no end...

Thanks for the love...

Da Worfster
    Worf, have you gone 51-50 on us man? You have been part of the "gang" for the last hundred years..eerrr...long time.....oops...did I give something away????
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    I for one, don't mind your reviews, but there were just so many of them so quickly. Most of your reviews are pretty good reads, but I don't find myself needing to respond very often because you've said everything. Worf's polls were good for the forum because they made eveyone who posted have to think a little bit. The creativity kept it fresh.

Red face Well Me Lairdship....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Worf, have you gone 51-50 on us man? You have been part of the "gang" for the last hundred years..eerrr...long time.....oops...did I give something away????
    I try to be humble and never assume I'm one of the "old guard" until invited. I'm like a skeeter, hangin' round, kinda annoying but I don't bite much. I don't do DBT's and soundtrack movies and have never made a movie, like you and Kam and Lex and Kex and dem. I just mostly see movies, install a few HT's here and there and basically "have fun". I can't assume that being a "gadfly" is important to foks, but perhaps it is.... as screw it I'm sounding almost profound. "Barkeep another round fer the house".

Da Worfster

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    I hope that didn't sound too harsh and I don't mean for you to stop your reviews at all.
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

I vote yes

Yes, Worf's polls are way cool. It's fun to see how the percentages work out.

Lex, Don't stop, your reveiws are good in a different way. You put a lot of detail into them and leave no stone unturned. I don't see your reviews as the same thing as Worf's polls. Many of his polls have nothing to do with DVD reviews.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    I hope that didn't sound too harsh and I don't mean for you to stop your reviews at all.
    Okay.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Yes, Worf's polls are way cool. It's fun to see how the percentages work out.

Lex, Don't stop, your reveiws are good in a different way. You put a lot of detail into them and leave no stone unturned. I don't see your reviews as the same thing as Worf's polls. Many of his polls have nothing to do with DVD reviews.
    Thank you Michael.

Forum Regular

Cool

Lex, You Are Still The Man !

Mike

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Been a little stale around this here forum lately.
    I miss reading Worf's clever movie polls...he was on a roll for awhile, and then mysteriously stopped. Anyone else wish he'd bring'em back?
    Hey, I've been on the road for a few days, but before I left I had the impression that Da Worfster was layin' low. Thanks for callin' him out! BTW, I voted "yes".

Red face Hey LEX...

Don't stop reviewing DVD's I find it informative and helpful. Also sometimes controversial... You're doin' good...

Da Worfster

What would this board be without Worfster's polls? You got the most deft ways of encapsulating male obsessions (Star Trek vs. Star Wars, chick flick hating, Arnie flicks, Ginger vs. Mary Ann, etc.), can't leave it up to US to come up with appropriate family-friendly polls! We'd probably stop at stuff like "Poll: Highest Dead Body Count Movie!" or "Poll: Highest Naked Breast Count Movie!" But, we know that you do better than that!

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    What would this board be without Worfster's polls? You got the most deft ways of encapsulating male obsessions (Star Trek vs. Star Wars, chick flick hating, Arnie flicks, Ginger vs. Mary Ann, etc.), can't leave it up to US to come up with appropriate family-friendly polls! We'd probably stop at stuff like "Poll: Highest Dead Body Count Movie!" or "Poll: Highest Naked Breast Count Movie!" But, we know that you do better than that!
    Star Wars
    Where the Boys Aren't XVIII

/create

Hey Wooch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Dems some great polls. I might actually have to used them. Particularly the former. It certainly has given me some things to think about. But this is a family show so the second one is out. But man am I laffin' hard right now. I'm dyin' here....

Da Worfster

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Don't stop reviewing DVD's I find it informative and helpful. Also sometimes controversial... You're doin' good...

Da Worfster
    Thanks Worf......appreciate the input man!

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboy 2
    Lex, You Are Still The Man !

Mike
    Thanks for the kind words Mike, I appreciate it.....I was only concerned because they said it was getting a bit STALE in here and I was hoping to turn that around with the reviews....

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Should Worf bring back his clever movie polls?
    I wish he get rid of that darn avatar before he do

Talking This I will NOT take...

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    I wish he get rid of that darn avatar before he do
    From a bear in a campaign hat.... Pbbbbst and nuts to you fur face!!!!

Da Worfster

Thread Information