Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar

SALT is ridiculously tasty!

I had the chance to get out to a high end movie theater in Hollywood the other day (Arclight Theaters) to see the movie SALT. First I just want to say I am a huge Jolie fan, and can watch that hot woman kicking butt all day long. This movie is suspenseful, smart, witty, well paced, full of adrenalin, has so many curves and u-turns it resembles Mulholland Drive. Tom Cruise was a fool to walk away from this part, it would have suited him well. However, Angelina steps in, and just plain kicks ass from the start to the finish. This movie is never bogged down by insignificant details, but it does not feel glossed over either. Chiwetel Ejiofor is another of my favorite actors, and he plays his role to the hilt. This guy has talent coming out his pores, and has never IMO turned in a bad performance, even if the movie is a little over the line (think 2012).

Now I know more than half the action in this movie is impossible to do in real life, but I didn't care one bit. Just seeing Jolie sticking to the side of a truck after leaping off an overpass was more than enough to make me emotionally erect! This chick is tough as nails in this role, and she makes her performance in Tomb Raider look like a kids party. Watching this movie with a 4K projector and one of the finest sound systems in Hollywood was a real treat.

If you have a chance, check this movie out. You won't be disappointed(at least I wasn't).
    Last edited by Sir Terrence the Terrible; 08-25-2010 at 09:08 AM.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Thanks! I'll look forward to seeing it. Now go take a cold shower.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Do you still think she is hot without makeup or when the pics are not photoshopped?

Two completely different looks for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Do you still think she is hot without makeup or when the pics are not photoshopped?

Two completely different looks for sure.
    I have seen her live without make up and still thought she was hot. You are right though, it is two different looks.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    I have seen her live .
    Did you get to taste her salt?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Let me get this straight. The lead character was supposed to be male and they switched it to female? Now that's very cool.

Would the story have been different with a male lead?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Let me get this straight. The lead character was supposed to be male and they switched it to female? Now that's very cool.

He wouldn't have made out with as many guys.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    He wouldn't have made out with as many guys.
    Well that's disappointing.

From what I have heard, they made some small changes, but this is pretty close to the movie the Director wanted to make with a male character. I think Angelina can pretty much do anything a man can do except......well you know.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Well that's disappointing.
    I always thought that she should have been the new 007.

From what I have heard, they made some small changes, but this is pretty close to the movie the Director wanted to make with a male character. I think Angelina can pretty much do anything a man can do except......well you know.
    Piss in a tin cup from 10 feet away? I don't know. I think she can pull it off.

Did you get to taste her salt?
    I wish...if I had I wouldn't be here posting a damn thing...that is for sure. I would still be tastin!
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

RGA
    Forum Regular
    I greatly enjoyed this movie as well - it was a lot of fun and Jolie was quite good. We all tend to put stars up on pedestals - but you know Jolie is probably worth it. LOL.

Of course I'll take Brad Pitt's leftover - I don't mind settling

Quote Originally Posted by RGA
    I greatly enjoyed this movie as well - it was a lot of fun and Jolie was quite good. We all tend to put stars up on pedestals - but you know Jolie is probably worth it. LOL.

Of course I'll take Brad Pitt's leftover - I don't mind settling
    Maybe Sir T will hook you up. But first you'll have to write, "SS sounds better than tubes" 50 times.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Maybe Sir T will hook you up. But first you'll have to write, "SS sounds better than tubes" 50 times.
    Yes I would sell out for that

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    actually, a role written for Tom Cruise would prolly translate rather easily to an actress

and Hyfi... why are you looking at her face?
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB

I have actually seen some of those photos where the person has no idea and it showed saggy wrinkled ass.

They all look good in a movie but in real life photos, her and her huge ass lips do nothing for me. But that's just me, I know most guys salivate over her and a few others that don't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I have actually seen some of those photos where the person has no idea and it showed saggy wrinkled ass.

They all look good in a movie but in real life photos, her and her huge ass lips do nothing for me. But that's just me, I know most guys salivate over her and a few others that don't do it for me.
    You prefer Roseanne Barr?

Suspended
    You prefer Roseanne Barr?
    Only when she scratches at her crotch, spits, and is singing the National Anthem.

True beauty!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB

Oh yeah, and those Jailhouse style Tattoos are real nice. Geez, if your gonna mark your body all up, at least have some nice ones like Janine Lindemulder has.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    that's ghastly

hell, that's ink abuse
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    FWIW Jennifer Aniston is more my type in the looks department over Jolie. But then I like Uma Thurman and some guys think she's a horse.

The French actress in Inception Marion Cotillard - now she is my speed. Rachel Weisz is also a stunner to me.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by RGA
    FWIW Jennifer Aniston is more my type in the looks department over Jolie. But then I like Uma Thurman and some guys think she's a horse.

The French actress in Inception Marion Cotillard - now she is my speed. Rachel Weisz is also a stunner to me.
    Different strokes.....

Aniston does nothing for me but Uma has something for a big girl. Check out an old movie call Even Cowgirls Get The Blues. Hilarious flick about a cowgirl lesbian with overly large thumbs that the rest of the girls find fun.

I like a few of the younger girls in the business right now like Ellen Page and Mia Wasikowska from the new Alice in Wonderland.

Suspended
    I had the chance to get out to a high end movie theater in Hollywood the other day (Arclight Theaters) to see the movie SALT. First I just want to say I am a huge Jolie fan, and can watch that hot woman kicking butt all day long. This movie is suspenseful, smart, witty, well paced, full of adrenalin, has so many curves and u-turns it resembles Mulholland Drive. Tom Cruise was a fool to walk away from this part, it would have suited him well. However, Angelina steps in, and just plain kicks ass from the start to the finish. This movie is never bogged down by insignificant details, but it does not feel glossed over either. Chiwetel Ejiofor is another of my favorite actors, and he plays his role to the hilt. This guy has talent coming out his pores, and has never IMO turned in a bad performance, even if the movie is a little over the line (think 2012).

Now I know more than half the action in this movie is impossible to do in real life, but I didn't care one bit. Just seeing Jolie sticking to the side of a truck after leaping off an overpass was more than enough to make me emotionally erect! This chick is tough as nails in this role, and she makes her performance in Tomb Raider look like a kids party. Watching this movie with a 4K projector and one of the finest sound systems in Hollywood was a real treat.

If you have a chance, check this movie out. You won't be disappointed(at least I wasn't).
    So I thought about renting a copy of this just to see what all the emotional erections were about.

Then I started reading through the comments about the movie here:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944835/usercomments

They sure do differ from what you thought but if there is nothing better in the redbox, I may give a try.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Sir T

Does MPSE stand for Motion Picture Sound Engineer? What have you done? Or are you allowed to say? I suppose you can say since you'd be listed int he credits.

That sounds like a lot of fun. If a film you do wins an oscar do you get to go? I know they have an oscars for the technical side of it on another day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information