Thread: Blindness

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Blindness

Is anyone else looking forward to this movie? Has anyone here read the book (highly recommended BTW).

I loved this book and am very curious to see how they approach telling the story on film. The book is quite a strong societal and political statement but certainly has the potential to be apocolyptical crap for Hollywood. The trailers give me hope but, unfortunately, It'll be another two weeks before I get to see it. I hope it lasts in the theatres that long!

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Is anyone else looking forward to this movie? Has anyone here read the book (highly recommended BTW).

I loved this book and am very curious to see how they approach telling the story on film. The book is quite a strong societal and political statement but certainly has the potential to be apocolyptical crap for Hollywood. The trailers give me hope but, unfortunately, It'll be another two weeks before I get to see it. I hope it lasts in the theatres that long!
    i'm definitely looking forward to it as well! i loved Children of Men and am curious how he follows that up with this one. heading to go pick up the book today!

edit: Meant City of God, not children of men.
    /create

I am looking forward to this, what seems to be, as challenging a movie to watch as the book is to read.

From what I gather, it's a fitting rejoiner to the maxim, "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Or something to that effect.

Thread Information