Suspended

Fess Up - Who watched Magic Mike?

Tell the truth, your wife didn't make you watch it

This was a pretty funny movie and entertaining. I wouldn't mind having cash stuffed in my undies every night. All I knew about the movie was that it was about male strippers. I thought Magic Mike was Matthew McConaughey and had no idea who Channing Tatum was. Well it turns out that Tatum and director Soderbergh financed this movie with their own $7million and it paid back big since Tatum earned $60mill last year.

I recently heard an interview with McConaughey on NPR a few weeks ago which jogged me to get this film (for my wife). He plays a pretty convincing part of the crazy club owner on a mission. However Tatum steals the show and for me he was unknown. The guy can act and dance!

Anyway, this was an entertaining flick with a look into a lifestyle that lots of guys wish they could pull off. I used to work with a guy who did it at night after his day job.

Who watched it and what did you think?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Should I post that I saw it or is that just understood.

Growing up gay and not being accepted by mainstream society I hung around the fringe groups. There was not much in the movie I had not witnessed. It was an honest portrayal of the profession.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I did not.

My wife went with some girls from work to see it and she said she was disappointed and bored* so that did not really make me want to see it either. If I'm really bored maybe I'll catch it On Demand.

*but, hey. She's got me at home. Who could blame her?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Should I post that I saw it or is that just understood.

Growing up gay and not being accepted by mainstream society I hung around the fringe groups. There was not much in the movie I had not witnessed. It was an honest portrayal of the profession.
    Not sure what being gay has to do with this movie or whether you watched it. I really did not see any reference to any of the strippers being gay or otherwise.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Not sure what being gay has to do with this movie or whether you watched it. I really did not see any reference to any of the strippers being gay or otherwise.

I posted that I watched it. To explain the rest of my post it was my way of saying that from my life experiences it was an accurate portrayal of strippers I had known. I am not sure if you are bothered that I mentioned I was gay or you did not understand what I was saying. Oh and by the way in stripper world a lot of the male dancers are gay that dance for women.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information