Randolph Scott westerns

Printable View

• 03-17-2012, 09:58 PM
    Smokey
    Randolph Scott westerns
    Randalph Scott was star of many westerns movies in '50s and along with James Stewart revitalized that genre before the John Wayne made westerns fashionable.

As oppose to [bigger than life] Wayne film persona, Scott's charactor is very low keyed, vulnerable and down to earth. And at same time smart and witty. Many of his films are called "B" westerns, but they offer great entertainment value.

Warner studios has released some Scotts better westerns on DVD as triple pack features for under $10 and picture quality is top notch with great quality transfer. Although the movies are in 4:3 ratio, the colors are vivid and pop on screen. Picked this up for $5 :)

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...1653f010.L.jpg
  • 03-18-2012, 11:58 AM
    JoeE SP9
    I always thought of him as a real cowboy. John Wayne was always a Hollywood cowboy to me.
  • 03-18-2012, 12:39 PM
    recoveryone
    My dad would get a kick out of seeing some of those old "shootem ups" as he calls them
  • 03-18-2012, 06:06 PM
    Smokey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeE SP9 View Post
    I always thought of him as a real cowboy. John Wayne was always a Hollywood cowboy to me.

That is pretty good description of Scott vs Wayne. And it is true as he retired from Hollywood in 1962 and never made another movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recoveryone
    My dad would get a kick out of seeing some of those old "shootem ups" as he calls them.

Thanks to Holywood for using good quality film stock for these films, we now all can enjoy them in their full technicolor glory.
  • 03-19-2012, 07:43 AM
    recoveryone
    thanks for the hint on what to buy my for his birthday this month. :)
  • 03-20-2012, 05:28 AM
    Worf101
    Hey RecoveryOne...
    Man you made me smile this morning. My late father called em "shoot em ups" too. He'd look at me and say "boy find me a shoot em up on that TV". For many years I was the family TV remote control!!!!!

As for Randolph Scott. He was an acquired taste for me. When I became older I began to see some of his later works with director Budd Boettihcer and discovered he was far more than a B-list, second rate John Wayne, but a fine actor with great emotional range. I watch his good films when I can.

Worf