Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Pinky and the Brain on DVD!!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I picked it up today. 22 episodes of one of my all time favourite cartoons. I can't wait to sit down and dig in.

Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
    Pinky: Yes Brain, but what if the chicken doesn't want to wear the pantyhose?

I'm LMAO just thinking about it.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 07-28-2006 at 10:14 AM.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Animaniacs hits DVD too, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Animaniacs hits DVD too, doesn't it?
    Yep. I think that Animaniacs and Pinky were supposed to be released together but Animaniacs was delayed. Amazon is showing a release date of August 8.

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Yep. I think that Animaniacs and Pinky were supposed to be released together but Animaniacs was delayed. Amazon is showing a release date of August 8.
    hellllooooooooooooooooooooooo nurse!
    /create

Animaniacs has been delayed again. New date is August 22.

Uhhh, you sure FA? I just held it in my hand on Friday...unless CD Plus listed it early?

Hmmm..you're right....Amazon, Chapters etc, all delayed the release...

Suspended
    I love P&B, almost as much as Sponge Bob. I'll have to order a copy.

Hmmm..you're right....Amazon, Chapters etc, all delayed the release...
    Maybe I'll actually venture into a Future Shop store. I just checked them on-line and they also show Animaniacs being released on Aug. 22. However, they show Pinky not being released until Aug. 15, but that was in the stores three weeks ago.

Maybe the on-line dates and the store dates are different????

EDIT: I was curious about CD Plus, so I went onto their web site. They have the release date listed as Aug. 8. But then under Status, it shows "out of stock".

I know I had it in my hand, FA. Sometimes the stores get em early and can't sell until the release date though.
    I'd advise waiting until Aug 22 rather than going to a FutureShop - how bad do ya need it?

Suspended
    Hey all, I was looking at this P&TB DVD online and it says it's 5.1 but is it widescreen? The description said the aspect ratio is 1.33:1. I have no idea what that ratio is. I need a crash course in aspect ratio's. Can't everything either be 4:3 or 16:9, I understand that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Hey all, I was looking at this P&TB DVD online and it says it's 5.1 but is it widescreen? The description said the aspect ratio is 1.33:1. I have no idea what that ratio is. I need a crash course in aspect ratio's. Can't everything either be 4:3 or 16:9, I understand that
    Hey Mr. Body. I was watching this last night. It's definately 5.1. I didn't realize it and those darn back speakers caught me totally off-guard and startled me!

It's not wide-screen however. I just checked the disk to see if there was a set-up option to change the format and there is not.

I know I had it in my hand, FA. Sometimes the stores get em early and can't sell until the release date though.
    I'd advise waiting until Aug 22 rather than going to a FutureShop - how bad do ya need it?
    I went into Future Shop yesterday and they didn't have Animaniacs. I'm spending next week with my nieces (ages 10 and 6) at a cottage and I thought that it would be fun to share Pinky and Animaniacs with them. They aren't familiar with either of these series and I know that they'll love Animaniacs. Pinky may be a little too dry...we'll see.

Anyway, there is no Future Shop or Best Buy in the town where the cottage is, but there is a Wal-mart. So, I may have to break down and hit Wal-mart on Tuesday, even though I hate shopping there.

Side note: Future Shop also had Hong Kong Phooey and Magilla Gorilla on DVD. It looks like a lot of these older series are starting to come out on DVD. What fun!!

FA:

I asked CD Plus (they have a shop in the small mall our office tower is in) about the release date - they've since hid them behind the counter until the 22nd. The young lady can't sell me one and I wouldn't want to risk getting her in any trouble, but she did say most CD Plus stores probably have them for sale now as there was no delay notice in "the system"...try one of those if you can. The second location across town is still selling them.

FA:

I asked CD Plus (they have a shop in the small mall our office tower is in) about the release date - they've since hid them behind the counter until the 22nd. The young lady can't sell me one and I wouldn't want to risk getting her in any trouble, but she did say most CD Plus stores probably have them for sale now as there was no delay notice in "the system"...try one of those if you can. The second location across town is still selling them.
    Thanks Kex. Here I am living a couple of kilometres outside of The Centre Of The Universe, and there's no CD Plus store anywhere near Toronto! There is one in the town where the cottage is, however. At this point, I might as well just wait. I appreciate you asking about this for me.

Now...if you happen to see Lost S2 there in advance, be sure to let me know. That would be worth the hour and a half drive for an advance copy.

Now...if you happen to see Lost S2 there in advance, be sure to let me know. That would be worth the hour and a half drive for an advance copy.
    You mean you haven't got yours yet?

Thread Information