Forum Regular

Order of the Phoenix

The lady in the pic plays the part of Nymphadora Tonks in Harry Potters Order of the Phoenix, I kinda like that purple hair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Order of the Phoenix-tonks.jpg  

Forum Regular
    Nice! I'm excited to see the film!

Forum Regular
    Nice! I'm excited to see the film!

Forum Regular
    BumpItUP

Did any one else see this? I thought it was good, although my enjoyment of it didn't come near to Prisoner of Azkaban, my personal gold standard for the series. A lot darker and less whimsical than previous installments, to be sure. I felt that director David Yates did a capable job... I liked that it was visually distinctive, although some of the stylization (especially in the opening sequence) is sure to look extemely dated further down the line. The climactic Potter-Dumbledore-Voldemort showdown was something to behold-- and hear; give whoever worked on this the Oscar for sound effects editing immediately.

I haven't read any of the books, but as always I didn't have much difficulty following the plot with the notable exception of the woman shown above. I never figured out who she was or what she was doing there.

-Coop

Forum Regular

Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Cooperberg
    BumpItUP

Did any one else see this? I thought it was good, although my enjoyment of it didn't come near to Prisoner of Azkaban, my personal gold standard for the series. A lot darker and less whimsical than previous installments, to be sure. I felt that director David Yates did a capable job... I liked that it was visually distinctive, although some of the stylization (especially in the opening sequence) is sure to look extemely dated further down the line. The climactic Potter-Dumbledore-Voldemort showdown was something to behold-- and hear; give whoever worked on this the Oscar for sound effects editing immediately.

I haven't read any of the books, but as always I didn't have much difficulty following the plot with the notable exception of the woman shown above. I never figured out who she was or what she was doing there.

-Coop
    Im going to see it sunday night, Im a big potter fan of the movies and the books so i hope it is good, waited a long time for this one. I will let you know later what i thought of it.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    I agree with you s dog. Tonks was way hotter than I'd thought she'd be. I was expecting the character to be more punky. With some wild hairdos. The purple was exciting.

We saw it Saturday night and really enjoyed it. I've read all the books and I feel that you need to before seeing the movies. There is a lot of things going on that don't get explained and it may leave you with the feeling that the movie jumps around too much. Maybe you'll see what I mean Sunday night.

JSE
    Never read the books but felt this was great movie. The final "Potter-Dumbledore-Voldemort showdown" was amazing visually and sonically. Not sure where I would rank it among the others but it's definitely a great movie.

This one was definitely a bit darker than the others but it also had some pretty light and funny moments. I like that it's getting a bit more serious now. Can't remember her name but the woman sent to the school from the ministry was really great. Very evil.

Is she really a Nymph?

Wifey & I have plans to see the Imax version of this show the first Saturday of August. Going to NYC with a couple well respected members of our AR comunity to see it.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular

Phoenix

Seen it last night , I injoyed it very much, They had to jump from one thing to the next fairly fast and left a lot of things out, But with a book thats 870 pages long they just about had to.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    well respected members of our AR community.
    Isn't that an oxy-moron? At least you didn't say intelligent members.

(this post is a generalization. No offence intended to the specific members...I don't even know who you are.)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Isn't that an oxy-moron? At least you didn't say intelligent members.

(this post is a generalization. No offence intended to the specific members...I don't even know who you are.)
    But FA, you are one of the most respected members of our AR comunity.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Snooorrre...

I'll give a pass. Call me when one of the following occurs in one of these trips to "Pottersville".

1. When Harry wakes up next to the Asian hottie and pulls out a pack of smokes while she snuggles blissfully in a sex induced stupor, call me.

2. When Ron sacks up and pimp slaps Hermine into next week, call me.

3. When they start showing the "students" using "Da International Herb" or otherwise using that majic for more than tiddlywinks.. call me.

4. When they find Dumbledore's Bong.. call me.

5. When the schools attacked by bible wielding zealots from the Religious Right, call me.

6. When the springtime fertility rituals are shown... call me.

Untill then, lemme get some sleep will ya.

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    But FA, you are one of the most respected members of our AR comunity.
    You really need to raise your standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    I'll give a pass. Call me when one of the following occurs in one of these trips to "Pottersville".

1. When Harry wakes up next to the Asian hottie and pulls out a pack of smokes while she snuggles blissfully in a sex induced stupor, call me.

3. When they start showing the "students" using "Da International Herb" or otherwise using that majic for more than tiddlywinks.. call me.

5. When the schools attacked by bible wielding zealots from the Religious Right, call me.

Da Worfster
    SSSNNNOOOOOOORRRRRRRF!!

Damn! How do I get coffee out of my keyboard again?!

I got my speed dial at the ready.

I think he's been bangin her after they yell cut.

I think she may be the one who P-slaps him. He is a bit of a whimp.

Where do I show up?

I don't think it's lost.

Huh?

Da Worfster
    No calls for YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    You really need to raise your standards.
    I have. That's why you are on my list. Any woman, lady, babe, or whatever you like to be called this week, who buys Rush DVD's and CD's for her hubby is AOK by me.

I finally saw this movie tonight. I don't read the books but I found this movie easy to follow. Of the HP flicks, I think that I enjoyed this one the most. Now that the kids are growing up, I think I'll find it more interesting. With adolescence and maturity comes more depth of character. Although, I do have a hard time looking at Harry and believing that he's only 14. Daniel Radcliffe has lost that little kid appearance and just can't pull it off anymore. Although the real surprise in that dept. was the kid who plays Neville. He must've shop up a foot since the last movie. Had they not called him by name, I wouldn't have recognized him. I guess that's the downside of contracting child actors for the long-term...they grow up. By the time they get to the movie of the last book, Daniel will be in his 20's.

I really noticed the soundtrack on this one. I enjoyed it more than the soundtracks of any of the previous Potter movies. So much so that I've already added it to my Amazon shopping list.

Thread Information