Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Suspended
    Thanks FA, that's the one. Now, can you tell me the name of the Western that Jewel was in?

Suspended
    I finally saw this movie. I liked it for the most part. The ending sucked. I didn't think it was slow because I was into the characters and enjoyed the dialogue as much as the action. I kept waiting for Tommy Lee to face the killer and it never happened. I was surprised Woody was in the movie such a short time. There did seem to be a bit of unnecessary footage about the Sheriff's planning to quit etc. All in all I was about to give it a high score until the ending, man! I can't stand a movie without an ending. Some might think it art, some might think it cool, I just think they didn't have a good idea how to end it and left it. Even Heat with two powerhouses like Dinero and Pachino had an ending. Oh well....

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Just watched it last night. Was good except for the ending. That was the turd in the punchbowl for me.

Right after the husband/good guy got gunned down in the hotel when Tommy Lee was arriving was the killer (No pun intended). It seemed so anti-climatic. Then the business with the wife killing, and Tommy Lee retiring just seemed like it was slapped together.

All in all, I give it 2 stars out of 4.

It was better than History of Violence though!
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Aging Smartass
    I thought the film was superb in all respects. The ending, at first, generated a "What???' response from me, but then after thinking about it for a while, it made perfect sense. It truly deserved the Oscar it won for Best Picture, and I've been a very loyal fan of the Coen brothers for a long time, ever since "Blood Simple."

Suspended
    Emaidel, I understood why the bad guy had to come back and kill the wife, they made a point of saying he kept his promises. I could even buy out of the blue the Mexicans being the ones to kill the guy with the money, but you'll have to explain why the movie just stopped.

Aging Smartass
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Emaidel, I understood why the bad guy had to come back and kill the wife, they made a point of saying he kept his promises. I could even buy out of the blue the Mexicans being the ones to kill the guy with the money, but you'll have to explain why the movie just stopped.
    I could have done that several months ago when I saw the film, but I don't remember enogh to answer your question. I know that I reacted to the ending with a huge question, but after discussing it with my wife, we both came to the conclusion that the ending made sense. Perhaps a second viewing is in order - for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Thanks FA, that's the one. Now, can you tell me the name of the Western that Jewel was in?
    RIDE WITH THE DEVIL.

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    RIDE WITH THE DEVIL.
    HOLY F!!CK, Dat you PSkies????
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Suspended
    It's the Peruvian ghost! Thanks but I did find that out and bought the DVD. Ride with the Devil is definitely in my top 10 westerns.

Like a few people have said, the ending was kind of...meh...

I really enjoyed the movie though. Good acting, good story, over all pretty fun to watch.

Doesn't come close to best picture for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    HOLY F!!CK, Dat you PSkies????
    It's me, the one and only. I decided that a few pricks around here were worth dealing with in order to keep conversations going here with those that I do enjoy talking with. It's a shame that the whole reputation point conspiracy had to (and looks like still hasn't changed) ruin things. People can think all they want about me and if I gave them red marks, I know the truth and that's all that matters.

JSE
    It's me, the one and only. I decided that a few pricks around here were worth dealing with in order to keep conversations going here with those that I do enjoy talking with. It's a shame that the whole reputation point conspiracy had to (and looks like still hasn't changed) ruin things. People can think all they want about me and if I gave them red marks, I know the truth and that's all that matters.

Sorry to barge in guys but.......

You mean the one you started yourself and then were col'busted on by a moderator who confirmed you were using multiple screen names to spread red chicklets around to forum members while trying to increase your rep? Is that the conspiracy your talking about? You started it, you got busted and you got what you deserved. You did it to yourself. Now your trying to make it sound like it was all us "pricks" who were to blame? Nice.

Everyone here knows what and who you are; a mentally sick and delusional pathetic little lying plagiarizing mutiple personality fraud. Some people are just nicer to you that others. That clear it up for you?

By the way, I have not seen the movie yet but I think I might check it out this weekend. The wife does not want to watch it so........
    Last edited by JSE; 06-20-2008 at 07:13 AM.

Suspended
    Hey PS, I was one who valued your input with my HT quest for nirvana, you know that, but I have to say that I don't agree with the way you're "dealing" with the ones you don't like. If you read the entire Reputation Points thread, you'd know that it went completely away from seriuos discussion about the subject to nothing more than light-hearted silliness generated mostly by myself and GM. I and most others find the rep system nothing more than an entertainment vehicle where the members here sharpen or even develop their comedic talents. Please stop taking the rep system seriously.

There are plenty of forums and threads for you to give your input so you don't have to clash with other people all the time. I've done some upgrades to my room as well as my equipment, but I still have some work to do and any advice you could give me would be helpful. This tracking people down and giving them red marks is IMO unconstructive, causes bad blood and is completely unnecessary.

My attraction to this forum comes from the fact that I have fun here and learn a lot about A/V, which I don't think is any different than anyone else here for the most part. Let's not waste energy on negativism. Sound good?

Dayummmmmm!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JSE

You mean the one you started yourself and then were col'busted on by a moderator who confirmed you were using multiple screen names to spread red chicklets around to forum members while trying to increase your rep? Is that the conspiracy your talking about? You started it, you got busted and you got what you deserved. You did it to yourself. Now your trying to make it sound like it was all us "pricks" who were to blame? Nice.

Everyone here knows what and who you are; a mentally sick and delusional pathetic little lying plagiarizing mutiple personality fraud. Some people are just nicer to you that others. That clear it up for you?

By the way, I have not seen the movie yet but I think I might check it out this weekend. The wife does not want to watch it so........
    Chite man, I've known you for YEARS and Jess I've never, EVER seen you this incensed. Wow man, I've no idea what P.S. did, screen names, chicklets etc... But I know you... I KNOW you and you're one of the nicest, sweetest and funniest guys on here (even if you do wear a grass skirt) for you to "swing up on a cat " like that means there's some heavy history back of this. PM me sometime and let a brother know what's shakin' bacon. Okay...

Da Worfster

Suspended
    Naa, he's just pissed that I won't send him another free case of Shiner (beer).

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Naa, he's just pissed that I won't send him another free case of Shiner (beer).

Your darn right I'm pissed! You sent me that pisswater Rolling Rock last time.

Not Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Chite man, I've known you for YEARS and Jess I've never, EVER seen you this incensed. Wow man, I've no idea what P.S. did, screen names, chicklets etc... But I know you... I KNOW you and you're one of the nicest, sweetest and funniest guys on here (even if you do wear a grass skirt) for you to "swing up on a cat " like that means there's some heavy history back of this. PM me sometime and let a brother know what's shakin' bacon. Okay...

Da Worfster
    Just venture over to the Reputation Points thread, grab a cold one, and start from the beginning! PS got nailed around page 20 (!) when JM outed him. Yuh, PS "knows the truth" ... well, so does JSE, L.J., Sir T, Speedy, Kex, Rich, GM, and everybody else he attacked on that thread!

BTW, if you think JSE's sweet and nice, you ain't been around him during one of his burrito poppin' binges! (he wears that grass skirt for a reason!)
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

JSE

Da Worfster

Hey Buddy. Sorry about the thread intrusion. Just calling a spade a spade.

PM sent.

BTW, when is that new CD coming out? I need me some mo Jacomo!

Suspended
    Your darn right I'm pissed! You sent me that pisswater Rolling Rock last time.

Not Cool!
    I thought it was freakin' hilarious!

And you still can't answer a simple question that I asked months ago and it seems I still have to ask....

If I have all of these screen names then how could I give out Red Chicklets if those screen names have no reputation? You have to have reputation before you can give red ones or green ones, otherwise they are gray/blue. You (and I mean all of you who complain about me) are just pissed because you can't accept that fact that more people gave you red ones that just me and it bothers you to know that other people disapprove of your posts, i'm just easy to blame for all of your insecurities.

And you still can't answer a simple question that I asked months ago and it seems I still have to ask....

If I have all of these screen names then how could I give out Red Chicklets if those screen names have no reputation? You have to have reputation before you can give red ones or green ones, otherwise they are gray/blue.
    Pretty easy to attain a reputation when you're basically your own fan club!

You (and I mean all of you who complain about me) are just pissed because you can't accept that fact that more people gave you red ones that just me and it bothers you to know that other people disapprove of your posts, i'm just easy to blame for all of your insecurities.
    I see that your time out hasn't detoxed your reality distortion! Time for another 180-day program ...

Check the rankings, dude ... as much as JSE couldn't give a crap about reputation points, he's got four greenies. Somehow, I doubt he's the one suffering from chiclet envy!
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

JSE

If I have all of these screen names then how could I give out Red Chicklets if those screen names have no reputation? You have to have reputation before you can give red ones or green ones, otherwise they are gray/blue. You (and I mean all of you who complain about me) are just pissed because you can't accept that fact that more people gave you red ones that just me and it bothers you to know that other people disapprove of your posts, i'm just easy to blame for all of your insecurities.
    Are you seriously that delusional? Your even buying your own old crap!

It's not hard to do. Go back to your own post in your own thread "Reputations Points" and you can see JM's response. He outed you and now your even refuting facts? Many people including JM explained how you were doing it.

You've got some serious problems Lex. I mean deep rooted mental issues. I'm guessiing your off your meds again or maybe this is another of your personalities that does not remember you being shammed and humiliated here in the forums.

Have a fun weekend. I'm sure I will have some interesting reading come Monday.

JSeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ( I know that eat's at you Fruti Tuti Aruti )

And here I was thinking he was just a pathetic post whore... (remember that thread he went from 1000 to 2000, 3000, then even 4000? yeah...)

Amazing...

I've been on this site since 2000 and have lived through ALL it's gyrations and permutations and I never, EVER knew what those bars were about or how to give em, until 5 minutes ago. I'm now happily green chickleting all my good friends (cept a certain flush Texan) who I never knew I could thank before. Wow.

Da Worfster

I've been on this site since 2000 and have lived through ALL it's gyrations and permutations and I never, EVER knew what those bars were about or how to give em, until 5 minutes ago. I'm now happily green chickleting all my good friends (cept a certain flush Texan) who I never knew I could thank before. Wow.

Da Worfster
    Uh oh, Worfster's crossed over to the dark side ... and his greenie gun's got a full clip!
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information