Movie Miscastings.

Printable View

• 12-14-2007, 04:05 PM
    Smokey
    Movie Miscastings.
    I am sure you all have seen a role by an actor or actress in a movies that just don’t click and seem to be out of place.

Here are few I just noticed.

Samuel L. Jackson in Star Wars movies. He is a good actor but not too convincing as Jedi Master Mace Windu. They should have give him a role that had more action.
    http://info.detnews.com/dn/pix/2005/...entwire/oz.jpg

Martin Sheen in the Spawn as an evil guy who want to take over the world. If there ever was a miscasting, this is it.
    http://www.headinjurytheater.com/spw...%20special.jpg

Sofia Coppola in The Godfather III. The scenes where Pacino and Sofia talk one on one as father and daughter shows her most weakness.
    http://www.cinema24horas.com/filmes/...chefao3_01.jpg

George Clooney as Batman. No explanation needed :D
    http://www.hunkydory.tv/georgec.jpg
  • 12-17-2007, 12:43 PM
    Smokey
    Bump :D
  • 12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
    johnny p
    Jim Carrey in any movie where he's not making fart jokes. I.E. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, or whatever that movie was..... . could have been a really cool movie if that guy knew how to act.
  • 12-17-2007, 02:28 PM
    emaidel
    Though I'm still quite fond of the 1965 film The Greatest Story Ever Told, many criticized it then (and still today) for the use of well over 30 famous Hollywood stars in cameo parts - some of which weren't even speaking parts that lasted only a few seconds. The all time worst in the film, and to date in my opinion, was John Wayne as the Centurian who follows Christ to the cross, and states in his characteristic drawl, "Surely this Man was the Son of God." It all but ruined an otherwise fine film.
  • 12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
    Smokey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny p
    Jim Carrey in any movie where he's not making fart jokes. I.E. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, or whatever that movie was..... . could have been a really cool movie if that guy knew how to act.

If you haven't, you may want to check out his better movie Man on the Moon. His performance might surprise you. But I agree that he is more at home with comedy roles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaidel
    The all time worst in the film, and to date in my opinion, was John Wayne as the Centurian who follows Christ to the cross, and states in his characteristic drawl, "Surely this Man was the Son of God." It all but ruined an otherwise fine film.

I can think alot of roles where Duke was miscast (such as Genghis Khan in The Conqueror), but yours probably top the list.
  • 12-18-2007, 06:22 AM
    Worf101
    Okay, I'll play....
    I like this game.

1. John Wayne as Ghengis Khan in "The Conqueror" - Are you chitting me? How much crack did they smoke for that one?

2. Marlon Brando as Sakini in "Tea House of the August Moon" - Ye gads they just couldn't cast an asian as an ASIAN????

3. Rod Steiger as Napoleon in "Waterloo" - Unnh last time I checked Nappy was short and skinner than Rod who spent the whole movie SCREAMING!!!

4. Brando again as Fletcher Christian in "Mutiny on the Bounty" - Da mumbler, mumbles, Clark Gable musta been spinnin' in his grave.

5. Bill Cosby as anything but Huxtable - Ghost Dad you name it.

6. Diana Ross as Dorothy in "Da Wiz" - Jeeze Louise, she was damn near 50 when they cast her in this Turkey. Dorothy with a Colostomy Bag hangin' off her.

7. Richar Pryor in Superman III - I'd say more but its not good to speak ill of the dead.

8. Dinero as the Frankenstien Monster in "Frakenstein" - Whoo boy how much wine had he had when he accepted this one?

9. Sir Ben Kingsley in "BloodRayne" - I still, god as my witness, have no idea what the hell he was doing in this turd. Good lord was the rent due?

10. Warren Beaty as "Dick Tracey" in the fill of the same name. Daffy did it better.

Da Worfster
  • 12-18-2007, 05:37 PM
    Smokey
    Thanks Worf. That is an excellent list and all of them right on.

I thought Marlo Brando was funny in "Tea House of the August Moon", but as you said it beg the question as to why not cast a Asian for that role.

And you sure said a mouthful about Bill Cosby. Did you see him in “Mother, Jugs & Speed”.
  • 12-18-2007, 06:21 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101
    I
    9. Sir Ben Kingsley in "BloodRayne" - I still, god as my witness, have no idea what the hell he was doing in this turd. Good lord was the rent due?

Kingsley's had a few that even momma Kingsley would prefer not to acknowledge. In Suspect 0 he actually made a perfectly good B-movie worse. I rented the thing expecting drivel but upon finding him in a supporting role was actually disappointed that the film wasn't any better.

Can't a guy rent mindless crap anymore without some royal nambypamby commin' in to put a dress on a pig?
  • 12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
    thekid
    For a recent movie I'll go with Nicholas Cage in Ghostrider. Too old for the part IMO and when on the bike, he seemed to look like the middle age guys I see getting on Harleys in the dealer's showroom...

Going back a little further Laurence Olivier as Gen. MacArthur in Inchon. It was the Eighties and he needed the money.....
  • 12-18-2007, 09:07 PM
    Smokey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid
    Going back a little further Laurence Olivier as Gen. MacArthur in Inchon. It was the Eighties and he needed the money.....

I never heard of that movie, so google it. Man, what a box office disappointment. The movie seem to had budget of $50 million, but took in only $2 million from its theater release :eek6:
  • 12-19-2007, 02:40 AM
    thekid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey
    I never heard of that movie, so google it. Man, what a box office disappointment. The movie seem to had budget of $50 million, but took in only $2 million from its theater release :eek6:

Yeah hopefully Sir Laurence got $25 million out of that $50m.......
    I don't think you can even find it at your local video store. I think he had it in his contract that after the initial release all copies would have to be burned...:cornut:
  • 12-19-2007, 11:28 AM
    Worf101
    Inchon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid
    For a recent movie I'll go with Nicholas Cage in Ghostrider. Too old for the part IMO and when on the bike, he seemed to look like the middle age guys I see getting on Harleys in the dealer's showroom...

Wasn't that funded by the Moonies or the South Korean Govt. They STILL worship the man.

Da Worfster
  • 12-28-2007, 01:22 PM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by emaidel
    Though I'm still quite fond of the 1965 film The Greatest Story Ever Told, many criticized it then (and still today) for the use of well over 30 famous Hollywood stars in cameo parts - some of which weren't even speaking parts that lasted only a few seconds. The all time worst in the film, and to date in my opinion, was John Wayne as the Centurian who follows Christ to the cross, and states in his characteristic drawl, "Surely this Man was the Son of God." It all but ruined an otherwise fine film.

That is bad.