Cool Movie on first date

Any body feel like going down the memory lane and remember their first movie that you took your date to.

I remember mine quite vividly. It was a cold rainy November night and theater was deserted. The movie we saw was John Travolta's Grease with Olivia Newton-John. The movie sucked but night was memorable as after the movie, we went to her parents house basement and play billiards, and etc

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    The oddest movie I went to on a first date was "Rocky Picture Horror Show" it was her choice and neither one of us had a clue about the floor show. Certainly breaks the ice when a guy in a corset and pumps stops by your seats and asks "are you virgins"?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Ah yes "The Way We Were" was one of my first date movies. I was much like Barbara's character very concerned about others and easily offended by careless thoughts and actions. I think he took me to see it so I might lighten up. On the way to the movie he began to walk like someone with a handicap and I was offended. I asked why he was walking that way. He said he was imitating the gentleman we had passed. I was less than pleased and then realized we had not passed anyone. He just grinned and put his arm around me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    Certainly breaks the ice when a guy in a corset and pumps stops by your seats and asks "are you virgins"?
    And what did you answer?

That sound like something that would happen in midnight showing of Rocky Picture Horror Show.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    On the way to the movie he began to walk like someone with a handicap and I was offended. I asked why he was walking that way. He said he was imitating the gentleman we had passed. I was less than pleased and then realized we had not passed anyone.
    Sorry John, but I am LMAO

That remind me of a scene from Seinfeld show.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    And what did you answer?
    Well I will say I was eagerly awaiting her reply when the couple next to us quickly jumped in and said that the question referred to whether this was the first time we had seen the movie.

I did have the chance to see this on another date movie a few years later without the floor show. Not nearly as fun and neither were the after date results......

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    My husband took me to see Wild At Heart on our first date. It was a risky move that totally paid off. Not a typical date movie, I loved it. Quirky and weird and my first experience with David Lynch. Then I found out that on top of loving off-the-wall films, he was a drummer. Well, that just sealed the deal. LOL.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    My husband took me to see Wild At Heart on our first date. It was a risky move that totally paid off. Not a typical date movie, I loved it. Quirky and weird and my first experience with David Lynch. Then I found out that on top of loving off-the-wall films, he was a drummer. Well, that just sealed the deal. LOL.

So he snared your love!
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Hmmmm....

First date, first girlfriend..... (Worf attempts to wipe rust and cobwebs from mind) Hmmm.... We saw Kubricks "2001 a Space Odyssey". If I remember correctly we spent more time lip locked than we did watching anything... I was such a virginal dillweed. All testosterone and trouble, god only knows how I made it this far.

Worf

I learned a long time ago that movies make lousy first dates -- awkward interaction, not much conversation, etc. I would never recommend a movie on a first date.

My wife and I didn't go to our first movie together until after we'd already been dating for a few months (we met on the dance scene, so our first dates involved live music and other dance venues).

Our first movie date was There's Something About Mary. I thought it would be a cool idea for our first movie date to be a comedy that seemed have a lot of good reviews, but, I had no idea going into it just how over-the-top crude the humor was going to be. Yet, we both laughed at the same sick gags, so that first movie date kind of hinted that we had a good thing started.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Suspended
    Can't quite remember the one, but we met on the Frankford Elevated Train while I was en route to the Tower to see The Song Remains The Same and a Jimi Hendrix movie while she was on her way to meet someone she didn't care about to see Up In Smoke.

Our first together was The Deer Hunter, with her parents who couldn't handle all the F bombs....like every third word.

I took her to see Hellraiser II, it scared the crap out of her but after she made me rent the VHS of the first Hellraiser to see how it started.

21 years later we are still married

Thread Information