View Poll Results: Bond Vs. Transporter Mano a Mano

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Bond - Current and longtime Champeen

4 50.00%
  • Transporter - Rising fast and definately bringing the fire.

4 50.00%

Movie Fight Night Round ONE!!! Bond Vs. Transporter

Who wins the first match-up and why?

Ladies and Gentleman. Presented for your edification this evening, 15 rounds of celuloid boxing for the Celluloid Light Heavyweight tittle.

In this corner,the Challenger!. He weighs in at 220 pounds of lean, mean pounds of British Steel. He can punch, fly and fight, does everything he needs to do without carrying a gun or resoriting to gadgets of any kind. Can get the women but is not a hound. Can drive his ass off and favors German muscle. Not much hair but what's there is all his. I give to you, the one the only TRANSPORTER!!!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing in the corner to my left, hailing from London England, weighing in at a svelte 215 pounds of Mersey Muscle is someone known to you all. Slicker than a snot from a five year olds nose, he can pull anything and everything out his buttocks. Prefers to drive classic British Iron and will shoot you down like a dog if you kicking his ass. Without further ado I give you the reigning celluloid Light Heavyweight Champeen of da world, da one da only JAMES "SHAKEN NOT STIRRED" BOND!!!!

Touch em up gents and protect yourselves at all times... "Let's Get To Bangin!"

Da Worfster

Put me down for 20 pounds on Bond. He's proven that he can go the distance for decades. Even as his face has changed, he still keeps coming back.
    Plus, you gotta love all those gadgets.

Go James! Hit him in the head. Punch him in the groin. Fire his a$$ up with a laser pointer.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Kam
    i had to go with bond just out of sheer longevity... ya keep alive for that long ya must be doin' somethin' right! now, of course, it woulda been quite the sweet conundrum had Statham been chosen as the next Bond, but alas that is a 'versus' we can only dream of. (Statham's Transporter vs. Statham's Bond)... while in a plain 'ol fisticuffs battle, i'd say the Transporter would do a pretty serious number on 007... i think in an overall battle, it'd be tough to outwit AND outfight Bond, he'd have a few tricks up his sleeves, and pants, and shirt collar, and cufflinks, and heel of his shoes, and necktie, and....
    /create

As you can guess by the tally....

I went with the challenger. Bond has longevity in his favor but he's a bit long in the tooth. I enjoyed both Transporter movies far more than I enjoyed the last two bonds. Yeah not as imaginative perhaps (read toys and gimmicks) and certainly Bond has better women, but I'm just sick of him. His stories aren't "personal"... Bond saves the world again... ho hum. Yawn... gimme somethin' new..

Da Worfster

Kam
    oh well hands down on the 'what-have-you-done-for-me-recently' side of things, Transporter kicks Bonds butt. The last really enjoyable bond movie, imo, was goldeneye (over 10 years old now if ya can believe that!)
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    His stories aren't "personal"... Bond saves the world again... ho hum. Yawn... gimme somethin' new..

Da Worfster
    Maybe he should save the whales next time? Or the caribou, they need help right?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Transporter 2 was about as bad a movie as it gets. Cornball. Bond kicks his a$$ everyday.
    Look & Listen

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I'd take the Bourne Trilogy over these either day, but if I have to pick one of these, I'm going with The Transporter. The second one was so-so, but still much better than the last few Bond flicks.
    But The Transporter is just a paper champion...

Forum Regular
    I saw portions of the last Bond movie and it looked well B grade

I agree with Kex, Bourne is off the hook.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Yep,whens the third one coming out?
    Look & Listen

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Yep,whens the third one coming out?
    Haven't actually heard confirmation there will be a third one. In the novel, Bourne is in his 40's, so we might have to wait a few years for Damon to age...of course, if Dicrappio can pull off a mid-30's guy, Damon can do 40's...

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Haven't actually heard confirmation there will be a third one. In the novel, Bourne is in his 40's, so we might have to wait a few years for Damon to age...of course, if Dicrappio can pull off a mid-30's guy, Damon can do 40's...
    actually the production is set to begin this summer on The Bourne Ultimatum. It's not totally finalized yet, but looks like its happening. the only confilct right now is damon's also on Ocean's 13 and that's starting up soon too.
    /create

Well since you stole my thunder....

This is a tournement NOT a one fiight thang. The winner of this bout will face Bourne Next, or Philo Beddo or John Shaft, this is just "round one" you idjits!!!

Da Worfster

I can't believe you left out... j/k

Bond. Easily.

As soon as I imagine a fight between Bond and the Transporter, all I see is that scene in Indiana Jones where the big guy is flailing his scimitar around all impressive-like...

and then Indy shoots him.

That's what would happen here. Stratham would do his chop-sockey stuff...and Bond would pull a gun out of his a$$ and shoot him.

First round knock-out.

The winner of this bout will face Bourne Next, or Philo Beddo or John Shaft, this is just "round one" you idjits!!!
    What round is Neo waiting in?

Kam

vote!!!!!!!

two more days and its still a tie!! someone has to break the deadlock!
    /create

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

I did it...it was me

Bond gets my vote if only for longevity. I enjoyed the first Transporter immensely, and the second one rather passively but throughout the Bond series there have been many quality cimematic moments (despite the current state of affairs ).

And I bit into the Indiana Jones visual...

Bond is ahead by a nose. Coming down the home straight. Can the Transporter make up ground? Too late to change your bets now..........

Thought I'd "shake" things up a little bit...

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    This is a tournement NOT a one fiight thang. The winner of this bout will face Bourne Next, or Philo Beddo or John Shaft, this is just "round one" you idjits!!!

Da Worfster
    Ooh, ooh, now I get it! Your original title was obvious enough, but I guess I'm an idjit.

Good for you and good for us! An ongoing tournament is just what this place needs. I'm not going to suggest any contenders, I'll sit back and see who you throw at us, but if you could recruit smokey to post pics (I believe he uses dvd covers) of your fighters for each round...well...I like pictures.

this like comparing night and day, a street cop vs. F.B.I agent, Ali vs. tyson. The story ines differ by miles you might as well throw in Jack Ryan in this battle as well.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Sheesh a DRAW!!!!

Dang it!!!! Now I'm gonna have to switch Divisions. We'll get back to the Light Heavies on a later date.

Da Worfster

As if this is even a matchup. A franchise like Bond, which is certainly one of the most prolific franchises and successful vs. some hack job like The Transporter? Even with some of the lame Bonds of late...this is still no matchup.

Thread Information