Cool August Movie Previews

From Sylvester Stallone in South America to Piranha in 3D, it is the last push for summer movies.

Ranked by release date:

Week of August 2nd, 2010

The Other Guys: The film is an Adam McKay-directed action comedy that will team Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg as cops.

Oxford Murders: When an elderly woman is viciously murdered in Oxford, her body is discovered by two strangers whose lives are immediately changed forever.

Sicilian Girl:Rita Atria a young 17-year-old Sicilian girl, goes to see an anti-Mafia judge Paolo Borsellino to denounce the Mafia system that was responsible for the murder of her father and her brother.

Week Of August 9th

Expendable: Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone) lead a team of mercenaries heading to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator.

Tales From Earthsea: Wizard of Earthsea" centers on Ged, who was the greatest sorcerer in all Earthsea.

Week of August 16th

PIRANHA 3D: A new type of terror is about to be cut loose on beautiful Lake Victoria.

Nanny McPhee Returns: Relying on everything from a flying motorcycle and a statue that comes to life to a tree-climbing piglet, Nanny McPhee uses her magic to teach her mischievous charges five new lessons.

Vampires Suck: The makers of "Date Movie," "Epic Movie" and "Meet the Spartans" take on the vampire genre, particularly "The Twilight Saga."

Lottery Ticket: The story of a young man living in the projects who has to survive a three-day weekend after his opportunistic neighbors find out he's holding a winning lottery ticket worth $350 million.

Week of August 23rd

The Last Excorcism: A troubled evangelical minister agrees to let his last exorcism be filmed by a documentary crew.
    Last edited by Smokey; 07-24-2010 at 10:55 PM.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Saw "Inception" with the kids yesterday. a very good movie that you have to stay on top of or you will miss something. Interesting ending that I think can be interpreted a couple of ways.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    I read the CNN movie critics reviews each week and he was saying that it has been a dismal summer for movies. He said Toy Story 3, Iron Man 2 and Prince of Persia were good. Eclipse and A Team made money. But other than that it's been pretty poor.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington
    I read the CNN movie critics reviews each week and he was saying that it has been a dismal summer for movies. He said Toy Story 3, Iron Man 2 and Prince of Persia were good. Eclipse and A Team made money. But other than that it's been pretty poor.
    They are correct, it has been a horrible year. I thought Disney's resurrecting The Sorcerer's Apprentice would be a great idea until I actually saw it. I looked at some of the other employee's at the screening in the Disney Digital Theater on the lot and said "we screwed this one up royally". I got this response from them
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Thanks Kid, Jack and Sir TT for movie reviews.

As for this being bad summer movie, it will be interesting to see total theater revenues for this season. That probably paint a better picture of how movies did this summer. But not before August totals are in for Stallon's new movie Expandable and 3D movie Pirahna. Those might turn out to be a mini hit.

Welp

My friend Sugi who owns "The Spectrum 8 Cinema" da local art house (www.spectrum8.com) says that the heatwave this summer is the only thing that saved her. Sold a lot of tickets to older folks looking to survive the heat and eat popcorn. Other than that, the summer sucked.

Worf

Worf, do you get in for free or does senior citizen rate apply

Theater sound like a nice pop and mom operation.

Ahem....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    Worf, do you get in for free or does senior citizen rate apply

Theater sound like a nice pop and mom operation.
    You bearded scallywag!!!! I get in free because I put in the sound system in their coffee house and maintain it as well. I've also known the owners for 25 years AND you can take that senior citizen crap and shove it!!!! LOL. I get enough garbage from AARP as it is without you chiming in!!!! Seriously though they're an institution around these parts AND they pop their own popcorn and use melted, salted BUTTER and only BUTTER on their popcorn. My gawd I wants some and me wants it now... precious...

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    AND they pop their own popcorn and use melted, salted BUTTER and only BUTTER on their popcorn. My gawd I wants some and me wants it now... precious...

Worf
    What a concept...my local movie house servers popcorn that just tastes low quality and it's unsalted and get this....the only salt they carry is the cheese flavored variety. Talk about sucking!

After all popcorn and a movie help give the whole synergy feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    My gawd I wants some and me wants it now... precious...

Worf
    To much movie watchin....
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Thread Information