Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AR Newbie Registered Member digitalmind's Avatar
    I can't believe The Shining hasn't been mentioned. Those little girls stayed in my mind for a long time.
    The Reservoir Dogs -- you just don't cut someones ear off, especially not when singing.

nightflier
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalmind
    I can't believe The Shining hasn't been mentioned. Those little girls stayed in my mind for a long time.
    The Reservoir Dogs -- you just don't cut someones ear off, especially not when singing.
    Actually, I read in an Amnesty Int'l report that US interrogators like to play classic rock while they "work." Something about this insulting the sensibilities of people from different religions.

Of course, Tarentino had an entirely different effect in mind when asking Madsen to sing "Stuck in the Middle," in that scene. And yes it was disturbing to watch. Tarentino is right up there with Clive Barker. Maybe they play poker together (oh to be a fly on the wall in that room when the stakes get high...). Has anyone seen Hostel? I read that was pretty extreme too.

Speaking of torture in movies, I've noticed a lot more of this in recent films (I'ichi comes to mind, but the recent crop of horror movies like Saw are just as graphic). Even on regular tv shows like Alias, The Unit, & 24, torture is just a means to an end and no one ever questions the perpetrators about the moral issues. It's almost as if our minds are being dulled and borred to it's objectionability, sort of being asked to accept this as routine and permissible.

To me it still gives me the willies and there's this uncomfortable feeling that it's getting way to close to home. I can't shake the idea that criminals who may be living right down the street from me, get their sick ideas from watching Silence of the Lambs one time too many. I'm sure Jeffrey Dammer was taking copious notes in the theater when that came out...

AR Newbie Registered Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wayner86
    Theres 3 movies that come to mind that left a scar on me.

1 & 2. House of a 1000 Corpses & its sequel The Devils Regects. (a seriously disturbed mind concocted this trash.) I got talked into watching the first one, and i had to get some closure by watching the sequel.
    The only really disturbing movie was The Devils Rejects....It fills you with tension throughout the movie....

Some more

The War Zone

Boys Don't Cry

Memento -- kept going around in my head.

Audio Enthusiast
    A few other films that i find to be disturbing are Henry portrait of a Serial killer. Blue Velvet. 52 Pickup. American Beauty and the Island of Dr Moreau. thanks....WCW III

I am surprised no one has mentioned the original Omen.

Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer
    Blue Velvet
    Sexy Beast
    Snatch (the Pigs)
    Hannibal

. . . haven't been mantioned yet, but the most disturbing all around by far has already been mentioned: Eraserhead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information