Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Smile Most Annoying Actors.

There is quite few of them on my list, but my top three have to be Tom Green, Jack Black and Julia Roberts. And Brad Pitt is on the borderline

Anyone top your list?

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Oh yea. There are a bunch of actors that I can't even watch in a movie. Starting with Will Ferrell, he ruins every movie he's in. Owen Wilson is right up there too. They cast him as the romantic interest in a movie and the actress should get an award for pulling that acting job off. Seth Rogen, just couldn't buy him with Katherine Heigl in Knocked Up. Ben Stiller is a hit or miss for me also.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

Shia Lebouf, Katie Holmes, Keanu Reeves, Drew Berrymore, Ashton Kutcher, Ben Affleck, Renee Zellweger, Sandra Bullock, Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew McConaughey, Kate Hudson, Tea Leoni, Jessica Alba, Meg Ryan, Kevin Costner, Jennifer Garner, Helen Hunt, and the list goes on.....

Lol....

Talk about shooting fish in a barrell....

Will Ferrell - Ain't funny, never was funny never will be funny.

David Spade - I wanna beat this little ***** like a pinata whenever I see him. Smarmy little loudmouth!

Adam Sandler - He's why Saturday Night Live should be cancelled so no more of his ilk slither out.

Jennifer Aniston - Whiney no tallent skank

Sarah Jessica Parker - Horse Face Harriett.

Steven Segal - Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Cuba Gooding Jr. - Like U.S.C Football he oughtta give that Oscar back.

Whoppi Goldberg - See above.

Tyler Perry - Just what we need, a cross dressing step n' fetchit. All he's missing is black-face and a fried chicken necklace round his neck.

Ice T - Can't rap, can't act, can't go away fast enough.

This is just off the top of my head, I'm not even warmed up yet!!!!

Worf

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    There is quite few of them on my list, but my top three have to be Tom Green, Jack Black and Julia Roberts. And Brad Pitt is on the borderline

Anyone top your list?
    I'll see your Tom Green, Jack Black and Julia Roberts and I'll raise you a Vince Vaughn and a Jeff Goldblum.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I'll see your Tom Green, Jack Black and Julia Roberts and I'll raise you a Vince Vaughn and a Jeff Goldblum.
    I guess between the two of us we hated "Wedding Crashers" because I got the other two bozos on my list. I liked Jeff Goldblum in Jurrasic Park and Independence Day. Maybe not anything else though.
    2 Channel System
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Tyler Perry - Just what we need, a cross dressing step n' fetchit. All he's missing is black-face and a fried chicken necklace round his neck.
    Too funny.

Clarification....

Are we talking about actors/actresses who are annoying (as in them as people, not as actors or actresses) or are we talking about them being annoying in a particular role, or are we talking about them being annoying no matter what role they are in, or are we talking about them being annoying both as a person and as an actor/actress?

My list comprises of actors or actresses who I think are consistently annoying in just about any role that they are in. There are of course certain actors or actresses who are annoying in certain roles, but sometimes that is their 'character' they are playing, while there are of course certain people who are just annoying in their social life (like Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt), yet I like them in movies, most people forget about films like:

A MIGHTY HEART or Brad Pitt in SNATCH, FIGHT CLUB, BENJAMIN BUTTON and only focus on junk like MR. AND MRS. SMITH.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The Wilson brothers - Luke is tiresome, Owen is incompetent at everything he's attempted

Chris Tucker - he's JJ Walker and Charlie Chan's chauffuer rolled into one

Jackie Chan - a novelty act at best

Tom Cruise - dick

Shia LeBouf - sorry Speilberg, not buying into this dude as an action hero/ romantic lead

Seth Rogen - not too bothered by him yet, but didn't his beauty-n-beast thing w/ Heigl.

SNL alum - all of them are/were fine in supporting roles and ensemble casts, but are insufferable in lead roles. Will Ferrel however, is prolly the worst ever.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Wow, looking at your list, there are more actors and actresses that are annoying than I thought. And to answer Peruviansky question, ther are probably annoying in any roles thet are playing.

But kind of disagree with Worf's Whoppi Goldberg. I find her funny in the right role.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Watching "Yes Man" just reminded how much Jim Carrey annoys me when he attempts to deliver a message or be serious...

...I also can't stand Robin Williams under the same circumstances. I've paid to see his stand-up routines but nothing will drive me from a room faster...

Many already mentioned...Shia LeBouf (whatta twerp), Whoopi, I love Worf's take on Tyler Perry, Keanu Reeves, Richard Dryfus, I could sit here for hours...

To make it worse, if one includes television actors/actresses it becomes almost unbearable. I can't imagine being in the same room with the entire cast of Seinfeld...ugh.
    That Joan River's look alike from The Closer should be on the cover of Field and Stream with a hook in her mouth.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

ISCET CET, FCC CTT, USITT Dual-500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I'll see his Tom Green, Jack Black and Julia Roberts and your Vince Vaughn & Jeff Goldblum and raise the list with EVERYONE involved in Kick Ass - cast and crew.

I still can't believe I let a buddy talk me into renting the PPV $4.99 for that crap.

Told me the martial arts were good. There are no martial arts in Kick Ass. Just some sh!tty special effects and crappy cinematography interwoven with a bad sound track.

Nicolas Cage wasn't even any good in Kick Ass. Ghost Rider and just about everything else he's ever done I like.

But not Kick Ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW
    I'll see his Tom Green, Jack Black and Julia Roberts and your Vince Vaughn & Jeff Goldblum and raise the list with EVERYONE involved in Kick Ass - cast and crew.

I still can't believe I let a buddy talk me into renting the PPV $4.99 for that crap.

Told me the martial arts were good. There are no martial arts in Kick Ass. Just some sh!tty special effects and crappy cinematography interwoven with a bad sound track.

Nicolas Cage wasn't even any good in Kick Ass. Ghost Rider and just about everything else he's ever done I like.

But not Kick Ass.
    That's odd that you mention KickAss. I bunch of guys at work said it was great and I thought well what are their tastes in movies. Then the CNN movie critic was doing his top 10 movies for the first half of 2010 and he picked KickAss as his #2 movie.
    2 Channel System
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)

Matthew McConaughey, Sally Field

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington
    That's odd that you mention KickAss. I bunch of guys at work said it was great and I thought well what are their tastes in movies. Then the CNN movie critic was doing his top 10 movies for the first half of 2010 and he picked KickAss as his #2 movie.
    I don't know - I'll accept I just missed the boat. But to me it just didn't work.

Watch it for yourself and let me know.

I discussed with my buddy and he was a little dissapointed I didn't like it. According to him it's more or less a spoof on comic book hero's.

I just couldn't connect with it as such. The movie never really took a set in any direction long enough to take me along for the ride.

It has too much graphic violence for a spoof, language doesn't fit nerd adolescent and pre-adolescent types. Action scenes are weak, fight scenes look like they were blocked and choreographed by a sophomore level film student. Sound track was just not connected with the action at several points. And on and on.

Sub plot was kinda ok - but the character interaciton between son and evil father wasn't really convincing.

Nothing close to the level of Austin Powers for instance which I really liked.

Again, maybe it's just a style that doesn't suit me - but, I thought it sucked bad.

Sorry for the thread jack.
    Last edited by Dual-500; 08-09-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW
    I don't know - I'll accept I just missed the boat. But to me it just didn't work.

Watch it for yourself and let me know.

I discussed with my buddy and he was a little dissapointed I didn't like it. According to him it's more or less a spoof on comic book hero's.

I just couldn't connect with it as such. The movie never really took a set in any direction long enough to take me along for the ride.

It has too much graphic violence for a spoof, language doesn't fit nerd adolescent and pre-adolescent types. Action scenes are weak, fight scenes look like they were blocked and choreographed by a sophomore level film student. Sound track was just not connected with the action at several points. And on and on.

Sub plot was kinda ok - but the character interaciton between son and evil father wasn't really convincing.

Nothing close to the level of Austin Powers for instance which I really liked.

Again, maybe it's just a style that doesn't suit me - but, I thought it sucked bad.

Sorry for the thread jack.
    That's OK Steve. I'll have to watch it myself. It will be interesting, because I couldn't stand Austin Powers. I didn't find him at all funny, just stupid. So we do see things differently. I just got my home theater up and running again, so I'll try and watch it. Jack
    2 Channel System
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)

Queen Latifah in anything. Just can't stand the attitude.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Errrr

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Queen Latifah in anything. Just can't stand the attitude.
    Ruh Roh!!!!!!

Oh no you dent!!!!!!

Man are you mad???? My list was easy, there's no one on mine that could physically kick my arse, cept mebbe fat boy Segal and all have to do is distract his ass with a Pork Chop and I'm good. Your insult of her Royal Badness is fixin to get us both a beat down. Now in case you didn't know it Queen Latifah, while of questionable talents as an actress, is one serious woman. She's not "pretend" from the Streets like J-Lo, this woman will kick your skinny ass and mine too!! Why me? Cause I'd have to jump-in to save you cause your kids too cute to be an orphan... Hey man watch yerself.

Worf

Ruh Roh!!!!!!

Oh no you dent!!!!!!

Man are you mad???? My list was easy, there's no one on mine that could physically kick my arse, cept mebbe fat boy Segal and all have to do is distract his ass with a Pork Chop and I'm good. Your insult of her Royal Badness is fixin to get us both a beat down. Now in case you didn't know it Queen Latifah, while of questionable talents as an actress, is one serious woman. She's not "pretend" from the Streets like J-Lo, this woman will kick your skinny ass and mine too!! Why me? Cause I'd have to jump-in to save you cause your kids too cute to be an orphan... Hey man watch yerself.

Worf
    I'd rather have her kick my a$$ than to have to sit through any movie she's in. I'll take my lumps with a smile.
    Thanks for the help, but I'll be OK. My 4'7" wifey is a LOT tougher than she looks.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Spew!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I'd rather have her kick my a$$ than to have to sit through any movie she's in. I'll take my lumps with a smile.
    Thanks for the help, but I'll be OK. My 4'7" wifey is a LOT tougher than she looks.
    Okay when that 200 plus pounds of pissed off pulchritude is finished pounding you into next month let me know where you want your teeth sent.

Dave

Suspended
    I will have to second or third Jennifer Aniston and just about everyone else from Friends. She just plain sucks in every role I have seen her in.

Nicholas Cage is another lifeless, one act droog but I did like the movie Ghost Rider.

Tom Hanks has always been at the top of my can't stand list. He was cast in way too many movies and usually did not fit the part. Yeah, that candy ass would never have been a Prison Guard like in the Green Mile. I don't think he was acting at all in Forest Gump, it was just him.

I think Seinfeld is a funny Stand Up comic but again, everyone on his show including him was just plain annoying.

I also can't stand Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts.

Okay when that 200 plus pounds of pissed off pulchritude is finished pounding you into next month let me know where you want your teeth sent.

Dave
    If you ever met my older sister you would understand that this is how I spent most of my teen years. My teeth are in a jar under my bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington
    That's OK Steve. I'll have to watch it myself. It will be interesting, because I couldn't stand Austin Powers. I didn't find him at all funny, just stupid. So we do see things differently. I just got my home theater up and running again, so I'll try and watch it. Jack
    Exactly. It's ok to differ bro. Do watch KA and PM me your impressions of the movie.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Ruh Roh!!!!!!

Oh no you dent!!!!!!

Worf
    Gotta second this because I have her back!

Now Worf, I understand that Mr. Perry is not a favorite among da brudda's, but can't you cut him a little slack? I happen to like all of his movies and plays, he ain't that bad. And Sarah J., she is the epitome of New York fashion, do you really want to spew that hate in her direction? Come on....yes she has a horse face, but she has made women all over this country very happy with her movies.

How could you hate on Whoopi, she is intelligent, wise, and very articulate. What's to hate?

(Sir T changes his tone from a softer one to a more stern hard one)

The rest of the chowder heads on your list belong on your list!

Alright(as Sir T looks around the room), who is hatin on Jackie Chan? We gonna have to talk, or you are going to have to duck, because out comes the 5 day old gefilte fish across the chops for that!

I am amazed at how many folks hate the actors that I like, and how many actually hate the ones I hate as well. Quite interesting for sure......
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Gotta second this because I have her back!

Now Worf, I understand that Mr. Perry is not a favorite among da brudda's, but can't you cut him a little slack? I happen to like all of his movies and plays, he ain't that bad. And Sarah J., she is the epitome of New York fashion, do you really want to spew that hate in her direction? Come on....yes she has a horse face, but she has made women all over this country very happy with her movies.

How could you hate on Whoopi, she is intelligent, wise, and very articulate. What's to hate?

(Sir T changes his tone from a softer one to a more stern hard one)

The rest of the chowder heads on your list belong on your list!

Alright(as Sir T looks around the room), who is hatin on Jackie Chan? We gonna have to talk, or you are going to have to duck, because out comes the 5 day old gefilte fish across the chops for that!

I am amazed at how many folks hate the actors that I like, and how many actually hate the ones I hate as well. Quite interesting for sure......
    Worf looks up, looks down whistles quietly to himself and tries mightly to hold it in but can't....

Mwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!! You are a good friend, I'd go to war with you any day of the week, you've given me more audio information than anyone I know and you're a nice guy to boot BUT (you knew there was one comin din'tcha?) some of your tastes in actors and movies SUCKS!!!!!! SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SCUKS!!!!!!

I know you love ole horseface, but this Whoopi fetish is just plain sad... and the Tyler Perry comment Ye Gads man put the crack pipe down!!!! LOL, in all seriousness, we like what we like. This post certainly made me laugh and I've had one crappy week thus far... Thanks.

Worf

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information