Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Moon - a review.

I have always been a huge David Bowie fan, so when a good friend called me up and told me that his son wrote and directed a feature film that is in limited release, I was curious and agreed to go with her.

Duncan Jones (born Zoey Bowie) wrote and directed this Sci-fi film which appears to have its roots set deeply in 2001, A Space Odyssey. But although it takes its basic cues from 2001 (guy in a space station, talks to a computer), it is nothing like it. I can’t say too much about the story without giving it away, but the 90 minute movie is pretty much two actors; Sam Rockwell as Sam Bell and Kevin Spacey as the voice of Gerty the computer.

With only two actors for 99% of the film you would think that it could drag or get boring. Never. The story moves along nicely. There are lots of directions that the story can take so I never got bored. When I though that it would go one way, it went another. When I could see two or three possibilities, I was interested to see which one prevailed.

Sam Rockwell was outstanding! If he doesn’t get an Oscar nomination for this movie then there is no justice. This is one of the finest performances I’ve ever seen. EVER.

I wish that I could say more but I wouldn’t want to spoil the story. If you have the chance, go and see it. I don’t think that you’ll be disappointed.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Duncan Jones (born Zoey Bowie)
    gee, I wonder why he'd change his name?

thanks for the heads-up FA - is it sci-fi or a think-piece set in space?
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    thanks for the heads-up FA - is it sci-fi or a think-piece set in space?
    I don't know. Its science and its fiction. But there's no aliens or UFOs or anything like that.

Nice find...

Thanks for the pull of the coattail Ma'am. I'll look it up.

Da Worfster

Thread Information