Suspended

In Memory of Charlie Sheen

As Charlie continues to crash and burn I watched one of my favorite films last night.

Cadence, where Bean, Charlie Sheen, gets sent to the stockade in Germany and is housed in a barracks of all African Americans labeled as The Soul Patrol.

Martin Sheen stars as the Sergent in control of the stockade and rides Bean to the end.

On really great movie and I enjoy it every time I watch it.

Maybe Charlie will recover from this latest bout of psychotic behavior, but I'm not counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    As Charlie continues to crash and burn I watched one of my favorite films last night.

Cadence, where Bean, Charlie Sheen, gets sent to the stockade in Germany and is housed in a barracks of all African Americans labeled as The Soul Patrol.

Martin Sheen stars as the Sergent in control of the stockade and rides Bean to the end.

On really great movie and I enjoy it every time I watch it.

Maybe Charlie will recover from this latest bout of psychotic behavior, but I'm not counting on it.
    your title makes my heart skips a beat, but I was relieved after reading. Sheen's personal life has made huge headlines lately,

"unfortunately" at at 1.8 mill per episode (that's the power of money)and then some!!
    this maybe a long shot but I'm hoping that guys like Robert Downey JR maybe take the time to sit him down,
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I've seen that movie twice... with a better lead actor, it coulda been better, but some of the stuff in that movie was just cornball, especially the ending and that's on the director (Martin). However, it was kinda fun to watch Martin Sheen act circles around everyone but ultimately, you're left wondering why the elder Sheen's talent never rubbed off on his sons. You also wonder if Sheen accepts such a dopey script if he isn't directing it and two of his sons aren't in the movie (one of Marty's lesser known Estevez sons). One of those movies where they shift gears twix forced comedy and then forced drama. Well, Martin runs a gammit of emotional ranges anyway.

As wooden as Charlie Sheen is in anything he does, he is perfect for the role on Two & A Half Men. That show has run its course IMO and maybe Sheen knows it too. Sheen needs to change media venues and get his own radio talk show. He could be the next Jim Rome (a hack if there ever was one). I've heard a few of Sheen's radio spots and he seems rather engaging.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I've seen that movie twice... with a better lead actor, it coulda been better, but some of the stuff in that movie was just cornball, especially the ending and that's on the director (Martin). However, it was kinda fun to watch Martin Sheen act circles around everyone but ultimately, you're left wondering why the elder Sheen's talent never rubbed off on his sons. You also wonder if Sheen accepts such a dopey script if he isn't directing it and two of his sons aren't in the movie (one of Marty's lesser known Estevez sons). One of those movies where they shift gears twix forced comedy and then forced drama. Well, Martin runs a gammit of emotional ranges anyway.

As wooden as Charlie Sheen is in anything he does, he is perfect for the role on Two & A Half Men. That show has run its course IMO and maybe Sheen knows it too. Sheen needs to change media venues and get his own radio talk show. He could be the next Jim Rome (a hack if there ever was one). I've heard a few of Sheen's radio spots and he seems rather engaging.
    It is highly likely that this whole meltdown is a publicity stunt. He had this tour planned for a while and there was no way he could do the tour and film the show.

Now all of a sudden he is praising the same people he originally trashed, making comments like He will do the show if they hire him back.

It all could have been a stunt to sellout his shows, that most then walk out on without a refund.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Sheen's "tour" is a sketchy format based on those radio talkshow personalities' 'tour stop' where fawning fanboys gather to watch the host do basically nothing.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Yeah...

I've seen "Cadence" a couple of times and enjoyed it a bit. While I never went to the stockade while serviing overseas, I know plenty of brothers that did. Just another small chapter in a big book I suppose. As for Mr. Sheen, I thought his best work was actually in "Hot Shots". Both films are hilarious and better than average parodies. Shame to see anyone jump the track like that. I felt bad for Whitney and Bobby, and I feel bad for Mr. Sheen as well. I hope he gets his head out his arse this side of the grave.

Worf

Thread Information